January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Nothing to do with running down our own players if some of us don't think he is a Prem top 6 player yet.
    Well we need to tell Wet Spam that !!

Comment

Nothing to do with running down our own players if some of us don't think he is a Prem top 6 player yet.
      Err he isn't !!!

His lack of pace is something that would be picked apart by the big six attackers and if you think otherwise then that is entirely your choice but sadly he not going to be that type of defender.

Perhaps in time , he could do well at a mid table prem team or even one fighting relegation but IMO he is not at that level as yet.

At the start of the season it was as much his attacking threat as opposed to his defending that got us wondering but he got a long way to go to be a regular big six prem defender.

Thats not to say he is not worth around £20 million, think he could be but a top prem defender, sorry but he will need to do some training with our new fitness coach Usain to get his figures up on that.

Not running him down at all - its the reality as it is !!!!

He still very decent for us as we are today though.

Wasnt it said he was going to Leeds last year - think this West Ham thing is agent spiel - can't see this happening at all.

Sorry !!!!

Comment

I don’t think anyone has ever said he is a top 6 prem player .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

It’s sarcasm, we are good at running down our own players on this site sadly , but if you mention Todd Kane , he was the best thing since sliced bread.
          Who said that??

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I don’t think anyone has ever said he is a top 6 prem player .
            Some are saying West Ham want him and West Ham are top 6 at the moment. They are not going to spend big money on a reserve.

Comment

Judging by an interview with Ruben this week, the board are aware that Jan is a month when you can sometimes get crazy money for players - he was clear that if we can get crazy money, we will sell, if we can't, we won't. Which is sensible. The recruitment team will have a list of possible replacements they will have scouted by now. Think we just have to trust the Brentford model (now our model): we look to sell a player for £20m, then try to buy the next Rob Dickie for £3m and perhaps a left back for £2m and the rest goes towards the £1.3m a month losses the board are having to cover. Not every new signing is a success but if you buy according to stats (as Brentford do) and not Harry style ("'triffic lad, top, top player" - which translated meant "his agent's just paid for a new extension on my house in Sandbanks) you are going to get a lot more right than wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Judging by an interview with Ruben this week, the board are aware that Jan is a month when you can sometimes get crazy money for players - he was clear that if we can get crazy money, we will sell, if we can't, we won't. Which is sensible. The recruitment team will have a list of possible replacements they will have scouted by now. Think we just have to trust the Brentford model (now our model): we look to sell a player for £20m, then try to buy the next Rob Dickie for £3m and perhaps a left back for £2m and the rest goes towards the £1.3m a month losses the board are having to cover. Not every new signing is a success but if you buy according to stats (as Brentford do) and not Harry style ("'triffic lad, top, top player" - which translated meant "his agent's just paid for a new extension on my house in Sandbanks) you are going to get a lot more right than wrong.
                This is very much the right approach. If we can get 20mil for any of our players we should take it. Using a Brentford style "moneyball" approach that money can be reinvested with a better probability of success.

I do hope we can get a good wingback or 2 in January regardless.

Comment

Loads of centre backs are slow it doesn't actually matter, they're not meant to be wingers afterall. It's a hallmark of a duff team if CBs are made to look slow - it means the shape/set-up is all wrong. I'm sure the legendary speed merchants John "JT" Terry and Wes Morgan are more than happy to show you their Champions medals if you ask them.
                  Anyway, Hammers already have that Dawson bloke doing a grand job without him having any pace. Moyes clearly backs himself to be able to work with defenders who cant run the 100m in 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Loads of centre backs are slow it doesn't actually matter, they're not meant to be wingers afterall. It's a hallmark of a duff team if CBs are made to look slow - it means the shape/set-up is all wrong. I'm sure the legendary speed merchants John "JT" Terry and Wes Morgan are more than happy to show you their Champions medals if you ask them.
                    Anyway, Hammers already have that Dawson bloke doing a grand job without him having any pace. Moyes clearly backs himself to be able to work with defenders who cant run the 100m in 10 seconds.
                    Good point Alan McDonald or Steve Bruce wouldn’t win many races but top defenders all the same .

Comment

Harry's Speed.....

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/harr...-speed.453118/

Comment

Callum Elder at Dull City looks a very decent player from what I’ve seen. Young, Attacking LB, great cross on him, good at set pieces, big unit, what is there not to like? You’d hope if they look like going down they might sell. Would be a very decent addition in the LWB area as a ready made replacement for Wallace when he retires. Ideally I’d like to point out a good RWB, but from the Championship and potentially within our budget, no one immediately springs to mind tbh.

Comment

I think he is at his level at the moment, he would struggle in the prem for sure, I agree with the idea of maybe getting someone with a bit of pace in next to him to help him out a bit, I can't see him going anywhere unless it's for stupid money, which in this day and age is always a possibility

Comment

And Stainrod is right, I know this is a forum and folks are entitled to express an opinion, but the amount of negative comments on the team and individual players in every topic seem to be constant at the moment, we are in a decent enough place right now, there has been some blips and bloopers recently admittedly and it's frustrating, but on the whole we have been doing ok, better than we have been for quite a while, so I don't get all the moaning

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                              And Stainrod is right, I know this is a forum and folks are entitled to express an opinion, but the amount of negative comments on the team and individual players in every topic seem to be constant at the moment, we are in a decent enough place right now, there has been some blips and bloopers recently admittedly and it's frustrating, but on the whole we have been doing ok, better than we have been for quite a while, so I don't get all the moaning
                              completely agree - we are probably having our best season since warnock

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                                Exactly! This is one of poorest forums for being so negative & stupid comments & that’s why I hardly comment on here now

Comment

Working...
                                X