Derby into administration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    If there is one club, after Chelsea, I would like to see go bust, it is Derby County.

And their scussy supporters can do one, especially the #### iI had a stand up row with the pub in Marylebone station after Wembley, fu ck em.
    I'm sure they have some good fans, I just haven't met them, every one of them I chatted with when I came over for the Wembley final was a dick, on top of that we had one at our hotel try to start a fight with us, goodbye!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

They will suspend some of the points at the appeal

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
        I hope not. The rule has been in place for a long time - Administration = 12 pts deduction. They can't be seen to be making exceptions.

Having said that, the EFL have been shown to be farkin useless so you may be right.
        Regretfully, I think you could be right too.

But, I just can't see how they can let Derby off because of Covid. Surely every club has been hit, and can blame their precarious position on the Virus. That being so, why can't any club that subsequently goes into Administration say "OK, so we may have gone into Administration, but if it hadn't been for Covid we would have been in a stronger position, and not have had to go into Administration."

It therefore gives any clubs ready made and applied excuse to void the points deduction.

Comment

Most EFL clubs, including us. were able to take a loan from the EFL and work out a timetable for repayment. Derby were unable to access a loan as they had no means of paying it back. This could be the basis of their appeal.

Comment

Can see the EFL caving in on this, which is Bollo(ks they've been at it for last 3 years not the last 18 months, there should be no ground given on this the penalty should stand, if i were the Wycombe & Sheff Wed chairman i'd be going to the EFL for compensation, as its only that Derby have been Dodgy that they were relegated, especially Wycombe, Sheff Wed have already had a points deduction

Comment

Good. Have they got a decent full back we can have????

Comment

Shame they couldnt hold back on some point deductions until they're in L1

Comment

No sympathy at all for them, cheating is cheating, be it on the field of play, or in financial matters, suck it up!!!!

Comment

Normally, I would feel sorry for the clubs fans, but not in Derby’s case.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Looks like derby have accepted the 21 point deduction they have withdrawn their appeal for the 12 point deduction they were given a short while back so it looks like Wayne Rooney's league 1 derby county that's if he don't jump ship ......

Comment

Serial cheaters and financial dopers over several seasons. They could've just took it on the chin months ago but preferred to squirm and wriggle- they really are the pits and should be thrown out of the EFL. Hopefully their stadium will get repossessed too at some point. Rooney has conducted himself in a dignified manner though, I'll concede that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Serial cheaters and financial dopers over several seasons. They could've just took it on the chin months ago but preferred to squirm and wriggle- they really are the pits and should be thrown out of the EFL. Hopefully their stadium will get repossessed too at some point. Rooney has conducted himself in a dignified manner though, I'll concede that.
                          The fact they tried to use Covid as an excuse was a disgrace , they were cooking the books 3 years before all that kicked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Apparently Wazza is "very close" to Barbara the tea lady though!

Comment

I think the opposite if they can put off mike ashley from taking over, that will be a good thing for derby county.
                              I'm sure an arab will come in at some point.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                I think the opposite if they can put off mike ashley from taking over, that will be a good thing for derby county.
                                I'm sure an arab will come in at some point.
                                All Mike Ashley did at Newcastle was try to run the club at breakeven. Millions were spent on players that didnt work out. Towards the end all he did was hey his loans repaid to make it more attractive to sell, which was achieved.

If I was a Derby fan I would be very pleased to see Ashley take over to ensure it's run within its means.

I believe SportDirect has a huge operations centre on Pride Park

Comment

Working...
                                X