• Derby into administration.

Jesus.

They're blaming it on covid.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/09/...september-2021
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

They also trying to get out of any deductions or punishment saying that the money problems isn't their fault. Covid obviously made them spend too much money! Knowing the EFL they will go unpunished saying the global pandemic was out of their control so its not their fault.

Comment

Automatic 12 point deduction so balls to em. Hopefully they get relegated and get what's coming to them. Tried to worm their way out of this and finally had to admit defeat.

Comment

Their last set of Accounts which was pre Covid showed their wage bill was 136% of revenue. So they were already losing money hand over fist. Their gate receipts for that season were £9.10m EFL won't let them off lightly because Derby took them to Court. Can see a total of 18 points for all offences here. Reading better watch out because I still think their wage bill is 204% and yet another team that sold their Ground.

Comment

They'll squirm out of it , bet they get 3 points and 6 suspended

Comment

Forest and Derby in L1

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                They'll squirm out of it , bet they get 3 points and 6 suspended
                Nah, they're done for. They've put themselves into administration so it's 12pts deduction, nothing to discuss. They are still negotiating a punishment for previous financial nonsense so whatever that outcome is will get added to the 12pts.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha!

Couldn't happen to a better club! They've been cheating for years and their fans have been lapping it up until recently and now they've suddenly turned on 'Our Mel'. No sympathy whatsoever. Made my day.

Comment

Very, very happy when I read the news.

I take it is -12 + a further -9 points for the other offences
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Feel bad for Wycombe honestly, should have been sent down straight away. Cheated for ages now, time for them to get their comeuppance!

Comment

Even tho I'm happy that Derby have what's coming to them I do not want any club to do a Bury no mater who.

Comment

Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is considering taking legal action against the club's relegation to League One after Derby announced they are due to go into administration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58622433

"I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Even tho I'm happy that Derby have what's coming to them I do not want any club to do a Bury no mater who.
                            I would like Chelsea to 'do a Bury' but ain't gonna happen ever

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              What's a "Bury" then? They cheated and overspent and got promoted at the expense of clubs who played with a straight bat. They subsequently couldn't cash all the cheques they'd written and went bust. Nobody wanted to buy them or rescue them - why would anyone be interested in buying a septic club with barely 1.5K fans attending games???? There are dozens of properly run clubs that are 10x bigger than Bury in the 5th tier or below, why should they have to watch Bury sitting smugly cheating at top table - it doesn't make sense.

I suspect most of these cheating crooked clubs hope that sentimental dewy eyed simps will rally round and not allow the clubs to fail, even when the club is guilty of systematic gross mismanagement and blatant cheating.

It's open for a Bury phoenix club to rejoin the pyramid at a bottom tier and I believe that's happened, that sounds fair enough to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X