No announcement yet.

Derby into administration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial cheaters and financial dopers over several seasons. They could've just took it on the chin months ago but preferred to squirm and wriggle- they really are the pits and should be thrown out of the EFL. Hopefully their stadium will get repossessed too at some point. Rooney has conducted himself in a dignified manner though, I'll concede that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Serial cheaters and financial dopers over several seasons. They could've just took it on the chin months ago but preferred to squirm and wriggle- they really are the pits and should be thrown out of the EFL. Hopefully their stadium will get repossessed too at some point. Rooney has conducted himself in a dignified manner though, I'll concede that.
      The fact they tried to use Covid as an excuse was a disgrace , they were cooking the books 3 years before all that kicked off.

Comment

Apparently Wazza is "very close" to Barbara the tea lady though!

Comment

Derby even more in the sh1t potentially. Looking grim for them at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59995698
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I think the opposite if they can put off mike ashley from taking over, that will be a good thing for derby county.
            I'm sure an arab will come in at some point.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yes but they need someone to put money into the club now which is unlikely while there are outstanding legal issues. If they don't get some cash in soon they may be deducted a further 15 points next season.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I think the opposite if they can put off mike ashley from taking over, that will be a good thing for derby county.
                I'm sure an arab will come in at some point.
                All Mike Ashley did at Newcastle was try to run the club at breakeven. Millions were spent on players that didnt work out. Towards the end all he did was hey his loans repaid to make it more attractive to sell, which was achieved.

If I was a Derby fan I would be very pleased to see Ashley take over to ensure it's run within its means.

I believe SportDirect has a huge operations centre on Pride Park

Comment

How the F#(k are they allowed to avoid paying £20M of a tax debt, what sort of message does that send out to football clubs you dont have to pay tax if you get yourself in the ####!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    How the F#(k are they allowed to avoid paying £20M of a tax debt, what sort of message does that send out to football clubs you dont have to pay tax if you get yourself in the ####!
                    It's my understanding that under FA rules that all transfer debts have to be cleared as a priority to avoid a domino effect in the game. This goes against the general principle that HRMC gets first dibs and everyone else fights for the scraps

I'm guessing that due to the existing running costs of the club which includes player contracts the highest bidder hasnt made a big enough offer to cover the transfers and HMRC, so the taxman is being asked to take a haircut. HMRC may be happy with this if it means other clubs get money they're owed which will help them pay their bills

HMRC cant really do much because the club doesnt have any assets because the ground is owned by another company. They need to make a business decission on what to take in full and final settlement. They can't force the preferred bidder to increase the bid. With normal bankruptcies quite often there's naff all to share out. I would guess HMRC would count themselves lucky to get £20m out of £28m owed. When Leeds went bust all those years ago I seem to remember they accepted 29p in the pound.

Comment

The Fans don’t deserve this to happen BUT Derby have been pushing the rules for years now and sadly they HAVE to pay for doing that. If they don’t others will continue to do it to and then the whole of Football becomes a bigger con/joke than it currently already is. If it was a one off season they had done it for, then perhaps some leniency would be shown. Morris was just an arrogant cocky individual who thought he could throw money at it but not his own and now they will unfortunately pay for it and I hope they do, as if they side step out of it again, then it won’t deter others.

Comment

Just looking at table and they'd be 9th without points deduction. On current form they'd stay up even with the points deduction. I suspect EFL are going to step on their throats soon to ensure they die or get relegated.

Comment

Just looking at table and they'd be 9th without points deduction. On current form they'd stay up even with the points deduction. I suspect EFL are going to step on their throats soon to ensure they die or get relegated.
                          Legal claims by Boro and Wycombe for loss of earnings for Derby not having points deducted last season holding up their take over apparently

Comment

After Benitez being dismissed at Everton it could see Rooney leaving Derby and taking the reins at the toffees, looks a real possibility and who could blame him.

Comment

Apparently Derby have been given until the 1st Feburary to give proof of funds until the end of the current season.

If they dont then they could be kicked out of the league.

Despirate times for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                                Apparently Derby have been given until the 1st Feburary to give proof of funds until the end of the current season.

If they dont then they could be kicked out of the league.

Despirate times for them.
                                Perhaps they'll get transfer fee for Wazza back to Everton. That might keep them going till the end of March. I think we should offer £1m for Tom Lawrence.

Comment

Working...
                                X