Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

I agree. Just makes us look small booing another team's national anthem or the stuff that was posted about that little German girl who cried when her country lost. As a nation we can get up ourselves so quickly. Plus we don't seem to give much credit to the opposition - eg against Germany they kicked the ball out twice when our players had cramp/ minor injury - but no one applauded the gesture - can't imagine us returning the favour. One of the things I've always liked about QPR is we are quite modest. Always better to be that way then surprise a team when you beat them imho. Don't think class comes into it - its just about being a decent human being, whatever your background.
    The Italians and Ukrainians booed our National Anthem and its coming home in Rome.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

It's an English disease which hasn't been caught by the Welsh or Scots.

So what do you call this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHLh9sHA4M

Are you going to give us the shocked routine again?

Comment

It's an English disease which hasn't been caught by the Welsh or Scots.

Oh dear, the Scots have the disease as well, £4000 fine, that is about 5p each for those who booed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...artan-10884650

Perhaps a little more research is required before you post total ######## would be in order.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

In one of the last home international games at Hampden Park, the BBC / ITV camera went down to pitch level pointing at a Scottish player, behind him, and it was very clear, dozens of rocks and bottles were being slung by the ever so friendly Jocks at the England supporters behind the goal.

Not a word said by the TV team.
          I can't believe some of the stuff I read on here sometimes dave.

Comment

• No other country at this competition has been fined for their fans booing.
            Absolute joke of a governing org.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I can't believe some of the stuff I read on here sometimes dave.
              Yes, it is strangely bewildering when there are thousands of .youtube clips of all nationalities, colours religion and creeds kicking and booing the #### out of each other at football.

Comment

He's not QPR and never made a first team appearance
                “I watching with my brother, Steve, who was a part-time member of the staff, and I said to him: ‘Wow, that’s Ian Wright,’” Gallen says. “I was thinking: ‘He’s a bit small but that finishing and the speed …’ I told the club secretary, Terry Springett, that we had to sign him right away. That’s when we got Raheem’s mum in, we discussed our plan for him and we were able to get him on a five-year registration contract.”

The length of the deal protected QPR and it meant that, when Liverpool took him away as a 15-year-old, the London club collected a big fee. “I’m told it added up to more than £10m,” Gallen says.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Oh dear, the Scots have the disease as well, £4000 fine, that is about 5p each for those who booed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...artan-10884650

Perhaps a little more research is required before you post total ######## would be in order.
                  Twas a wind up......

Comment

• There is a marked lack of bunting, flags and England paraphernalia where I live. I must have passed several thousand houses driving about earlier teaching my daughter to drive but can only recall a handful of gaffs that had flags and whatnot on display. Nothing on cars either - none of those St.George flags clipped to windows. Admittedly Merseyside is somewhat ambivalent about being English but in past several tournaments there's been far far more St.Georgery about than this time round. Is this typical of rest of England...... what's it like round your neck of the woods? I'd score Liverpool region as 1/10 in the bunting stakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      There is a marked lack of bunting, flags and England paraphernalia where I live. I must have passed several thousand houses driving about earlier teaching my daughter to drive but can only recall a handful of gaffs that had flags and whatnot on display. Nothing on cars either - none of those St.George flags clipped to windows. Admittedly Merseyside is somewhat ambivalent about being English but in past several tournaments there's been far far more St.Georgery about than this time round. Is this typical of rest of England...... what's it like round your neck of the woods? I'd score Liverpool region as 1/10 in the bunting stakes.
                      Agree, I live in Shirley Croydon & same here & haven’t found hardly any shops selling flags which is strange

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        There is a marked lack of bunting, flags and England paraphernalia where I live. I must have passed several thousand houses driving about earlier teaching my daughter to drive but can only recall a handful of gaffs that had flags and whatnot on display. Nothing on cars either - none of those St.George flags clipped to windows. Admittedly Merseyside is somewhat ambivalent about being English but in past several tournaments there's been far far more St.Georgery about than this time round. Is this typical of rest of England...... what's it like round your neck of the woods? I'd score Liverpool region as 1/10 in the bunting stakes.
                        Have to say I've seen the same, lack of thinking about it.
                        I remember past tournaments where the roads were littered with those flags that had broken off the cars and st George flags were very prominent.
                        Good point Abs

Comment

Twas a wind up......

You swine

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

“I watching with my brother, Steve, who was a part-time member of the staff, and I said to him: ‘Wow, that’s Ian Wright,’” Gallen says. “I was thinking: ‘He’s a bit small but that finishing and the speed …’ I told the club secretary, Terry Springett, that we had to sign him right away. That’s when we got Raheem’s mum in, we discussed our plan for him and we were able to get him on a five-year registration contract.”

The length of the deal protected QPR and it meant that, when Liverpool took him away as a 15-year-old, the London club collected a big fee. “I’m told it added up to more than £10m,” Gallen says.
                            Still isn't QPR LRL in my book

Comment

Oh so you never hammered John Terry?
                              Totally disgusted with the atmosphere v Chelsea at LR the first time we played them back in the prem?
                              The atmosphere that won us that game imo.
                              You really are soppy ####
                              Dave I want you to take this in the right way but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask you to apologize to Stainrod for the above post? He is a very loyal hardcore rangers man and I too might not always agree with him, allbeit we have been of late you should definitely show the man some respect. I'd imagine you had a good few beers when posting it but an apology means we can all move on.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Seeing as you put it so nicely weare, I apologize unreservedly for my remark towards stan.
                                sorry stan

Comment

Working...
                                X