Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your forgiven matey
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

You would of thought England players would of been ok as no bugger got near him all night he zipped around like a blue bottle.

dunno if it’s me but I’ve just not got into this tournament, normally I’d watch at least a game a day but can’t be bothered. Probably down to the fact England are so bloody boring to watch.
      Its this ridiculous group set up with only 8 teams going home - there's been very little peril and barely any jeopardy to many games. Hopefully it'll buck up a bit now. I'm probably gonna watch more of the Scotland game tonight purely because it's winner takes all as opposed to England's virtual dead rubber. I'm peed off it'll be a cruddy standard definition picture on ITV 4 though cos I've watched quite a few games in UHD on the Iplayer and have thus become accustomed to a glorious clear picture.

Comment

• Good goal, but this crappy slow 1 touch passing along the back is shite its like watching a game of subuteo.

Comment

• Dykes has been anonymous for the Scots tonight.
          But at least he'll get a bit of a holiday

Comment

• Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
            Good goal, but this crappy slow 1 touch passing along the back is shite its like watching a game of subuteo.
            Watching paint dry is far more exciting.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• I watched the Scotland game and they gave it everything they had but lost to a top side. The Scots really did put a shift in.

Comment

• England are the most disappointing national team ever. They just, just about made some exciting things happen in the last world cup and instead of building on that, have reverted to type, playing dull, possession based, defensive football that is the opposite of what most of the players do at club level. We have some of the best players in the world and have for years yet cannot get past the fear of losing, probably thanks to our wonderful print and TV press.

If we continue to play this way we'll lose as soon as we come up against any team whatsoever with attacking bite.

Over analysing, over thinking, over playing. Shame as a I thought we had something with Southgate in charge, at least the personnel is there to flip it on it's head if they want to.

And yes, qualified top of the group, but hardly a stellar considering the performances and opposition faced.

Now watch they'll go bloody win the ####### thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Chilwell and Mount now officially out of the England team and must quarantine till next week. But the FA on working on parameters to allow the great and good to enter the country so the Final can be held ar Wembley! Utter madness!!

Complete and utter nonsense.

Gilmour hugged on the pitch with Mount and Chilwell so they had to isolate. Yet the whole of the Scottish squad most probably all hugged and celebrated their draw with England in their changing room and none of them had to isolate.

Nothing much about protecting us from Covid makes sense.

Here's just a few examples.

The UK Government wouldn't grant permission for UEFA's delegates to enter the UK without quarantine rules adhered to for the Champions League final to be played at Wembley, but it was ok for the G7 hundreds to converge on Cornwall.

Up until very recently people returning to the UK from 'Green' countries were joined in the Border control areas at airports by those from 'Red countries as they didn't have a way of separating them.

At my brother's recent wedding, we went to a pub and had to sit on separate tables and were told by the landlord that we had to stay in our groups of 6. The bride and groom had to stay on their own table away from us!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Dykes has been anonymous for the Scots tonight.
                    But at least he'll get a bit of a holiday
                    Good that Scotland are out along with Finland, as both Dykes and Hamalainen will now get a few weeks holiday before they return for pre season training. Glad we don't have any more on international duty so there should be less disruption to their preparations for next season.

As for the England game, a good 1st half, but the second was dull and way too many short passes going backwards and sidewards with very little attacking threat - a bit like QPR in the 2020 part of last season!

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Complete and utter nonsense.

Gilmour hugged on the pitch with Mount and Chilwell so they had to isolate. Yet the whole of the Scottish squad most probably all hugged and celebrated their draw with England in their changing room and none of them had to isolate.

Nothing much about protecting us from Covid makes sense.

Here's just a few examples.

The UK Government wouldn't grant permission for UEFA's delegates to enter the UK without quarantine rules adhered to for the Champions League final to be played at Wembley, but it was ok for the G7 hundreds to converge on Cornwall.

Up until very recently people returning to the UK from 'Green' countries were joined in the Border control areas at airports by those from 'Red countries as they didn't have a way of separating them.

At my brother's recent wedding, we went to a pub and had to sit on separate tables and were told by the landlord that we had to stay in our groups of 6. The bride and groom had to stay on their own table away from us!
                      And a gathering I was trying to organise we were told that a single group could not a separated into mini-groups of six? Lockdowns will end soon because there will be riots. It's all political because of the perceived lateness of going into lockdown so dont want to be criticised against for too many more deaths. The result is being too cautious.
                      Last edited by SheepRanger; 23-06-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                        England are the most disappointing national team ever. They just, just about made some exciting things happen in the last world cup and instead of building on that, have reverted to type, playing dull, possession based, defensive football that is the opposite of what most of the players do at club level. We have some of the best players in the world and have for years yet cbuannot get past the fear of losing, probably thanks to our wonderful print and TV press.

If we continue to play this way we'll lose as soon as we come up against any team whatsoever with attacking bite.

Over analysing, over thinking, over playing. Shame as a I thought we had something with Southgate in charge, at least the personnel is there to flip it on it's head if they want to.

And yes, qualified top of the group, but hardly a stellar considering the performances and opposition faced.

Now watch they'll go bloody win the ####### thing.

Agree with much of that, but no, they won't be winning the Euros. I think they have the attacking talent to give a great game to whoever they get in the last 16.

France, Portugal or Germany (even Hungary have a chance if they beat Germany and France beat Portugal) will not enjoy being attacked by the likes of Grealish, Sterling, Saka, Sancho, Rashford, Foden and Kane. Trippier, Shaw, James, or Walker as attacking full backs or wingbacks can pose real attacking threats if the shackles are released.

England can still keep a back 3, 4 or 5 with the CBs and holding midfielders but allow the others to attack their opponents with swift passing moves and dribbles. The wide players need to get crosses into the box far more frequently for Kane and he needs support from the other attackers in the side.

However, I suspect Southgate will play it safe and England will probably have an 'honourable' defeat against one of the big 3 from Group F.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Good that Scotland are out along with Finland, as both Dykes and Hamalainen will now get a few weeks holiday before they return for pre season training. Glad we don't have any more on international duty so there should be less disruption to their preparations for next season.

As for the England game, a good 1st half, but the second was dull and way too many short passes going backwards and sidewards with very little attacking threat - a bit like QPR in the 2020 part of last season!
                          Thomas is in the Welsh squad, but doubt he'll get any game time and hasnt been a starter for us. But will probably be heading home on Sat after the Denmark game! I cant see us winning that one.

Comment

• Playing for England does not seem a priority for most of the players. They do it mainly for marketing purposes and to increase their worth for club contracts. They earn too much money at their clubs to risk injury during internationals. They must ensure they're fit for the start of next season and the champions league games which will start again very soon.

The lower quality players in the other home nation teams see internationals as the pinnacle of their careers and a chance to showcase their abilities to get moves to bigger clubs and earn more money out of the game. England players dont need that exposure as much so you'll never see the same intensity in games from these players.

Comment

• England can concentrate as much as they like on lockdowns as we ain’t playing in any other country after next game fully expect to get knocked out 1-0. Seen more creativity in a kids nursery session and more spirit in a bottle of spring water.

we won’t lose by many as we’re pretty tight as you’d expect playing 6 defenders

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                                Playing for England does not seem a priority for most of the players. They do it mainly for marketing purposes and to increase their worth for club contracts. They earn too much money at their clubs to risk injury during internationals. They must ensure they're fit for the start of next season and the champions league games which will start again very soon.

The lower quality players in the other home nation teams see internationals as the pinnacle of their careers and a chance to showcase their abilities to get moves to bigger clubs and earn more money out of the game. England players dont need that exposure as much so you'll never see the same intensity in games from these players.
                                I used to think that aswell, but after our performance in the World Cup i just think the players are hamstrung by management that doesn't play to their strengths.

Comment

Working...
                                X