No announcement yet.

Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stupid post, go away you racist.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

It was not a racial slur.

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.
      And there ladies & gentlemen, lies the problem with today's society.
      The woke justice warriors constantly throw around racial slurs, believing such remarks are not racist, but very quickly insult 1000s of England fans with a broad accusation that most fans are racist, and then doubles down with what he claims is just an insult, when said insult is directed at a white demographic based on their skin tone.

Patriotism towards your country is not racist buddy.
      Were all our grand fathers and great grandfathers just a bunch of racists, when they stormed the beaches on D day for King and country?

Canadians are very patriotic, and one of the biggest holidays over here is Canada Day on July 1st, does this mean all Canadians are also middle class racist white guys, or gammons as you like to fondly refer to when insulting a large part of a race?
      Last edited by Fraggy; 12-06-2021, 01:52 PM.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• No taking the knee nonsense before the Italy v Turkey game last night ,just 2 teams who wanted to play a game of football without any politics

Comment

• Well done them
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• did wales take the knee?

Comment

• Originally posted by wormholt View Post
              did wales take the knee?
              Wales and Switzerland took the knee.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Denmark and Finland didn't.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Wales and Switzerland took the knee.
                  i take it there was no booing......unless it was more of a baaaaa, instead of a booooo

Comment

• My girlfriend is coming over later , hopefully she'll take both knees

Comment

• Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Obviously a racist, knuckle dragging, burnt gammon according to jkfc

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Obviously a racist, knuckle dragging, burnt gammon according to jkfc
                          Danny is a good bloke.
                          Police have taken his banner off him as they claim it is political, and politics is not allowed at todays game.

You truly cannot make up this hypocrisy.
                          Police silencing a black man because he wants his voice heard. Unreal.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Typical of the filth in this country today fraggs.

Comment

• I dunno if they talked about it in the build up or afterwards cos I only tuned in at 2:55 but the TV coverage ignored the whole kneeling thing. If that was deliberate or just confused direction/editing who knows but I was personally pleased that it seemed to be just a normal anthems, coin toss and kick-off routine. Any posturing nonsense was quick and mostly off camera with no cringey lecturing prepared solidarity statement spewed out by the commentator- I thus felt relaxed and able to get on with shouting at the telly like a normal England experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

It was not a racial slur.

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.
                                And there we have it...complete denial that anything wrong has been said.
                                If I was to start abusing Muslims or Jews ,would that be acceptable? after all religion is a lifestyle choice and not a race.

Comment

Working...
                                X