Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Is this the “firm stance from balanced information and opinion” that you mentioned in your post to me?

Interpreting a poll which obviously shows a majority support or ambivalence to football players taking the knee and spinning it as some sort of moral victory to the minority booing?

I don’t think your view is considered, but I won’t insult you for it.
    Nice retort Sir.

By posting this poll I was merely trying to highlight that being against 'taking the knee' is not down to a few crack pots and racists booing at games, or a few keyboard warriors, but 39% of the sample.

Yes, most agree or dont care, but this poll confirms a big population of football fans don't like it. Hardly taking people on a journey and surely enough to indicate that this will not be on place next season. Hopefully the Euros will be the end of this and a different campaign can be rolled out. Carrying on with it will alienate a huge supporter base.

Thank you for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Nice retort Sir.

By posting this poll I was merely trying to highlight that being against 'taking the knee' is not down to a few crack pots and racists booing at games, or a few keyboard warriors, but 39% of the sample.

Yes, most agree or dont care, but this poll confirms a big population of football fans don't like it. Hardly taking people on a journey and surely enough to indicate that this will not be on place next season. Hopefully the Euros will be the end of this and a different campaign can be rolled out. Carrying on with it will alienate a huge supporter base.

Thank you for your comments.
      Fair comment.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I think the important message has been diluted by incorporating the knee thing into the standard ‘pre match’ routine (so am I one of the 39%?)
      but I can accept that it is important to numerous players and understand why they continue to do it.

Booing, which incidentally won’t be done by all the 39%, reeks of an ulterior motive.

The ‘we’re only booing the Marxism’ is the new ‘I only read playboy for the the articles’ isn’t it?

Comment

Fair comment.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I think the important message has been diluted by incorporating the knee thing into the standard ‘pre match’ routine (so am I one of the 39%?)
        but I can accept that it is important to numerous players and understand why they continue to do it.

Booing, which incidentally won’t be done by all the 39%, reeks of an ulterior motive.

The ‘we’re only booing the Marxism’ is the new ‘I only read playboy for the the articles’ isn’t it?
        As with Brexit, if you were racist you'd vote against the union, but that didnt make all Brexiteers racists. Of course there will be some racists in that 39%, they do exist and will always exist. Overall, I think you're in the don't mind category.

I have thought about what I'd do on match day and I think I would boo at my first game and then leave it at that. I dont want to boo QPR players every game in such an important season. But I need to voice my disapproval.

I think most of the 39% would be well aware of the BLM agenda, especially the USA core organisation. I dont think players can hide behind the UK version 'appearing' less political. It is still an authorised affiliate of the USA organisation.

As long as these young lads have been educated on both sides of the arguement there's not much can be done. They know the downsides. Personally, I think Les will take them all aside and convince them this has run its course and will now cause more harm than good. Players and fans need to be on the same page next season to give us a good go at promotion. This sideshow needs to stop for that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          YouGov Report:

England, from a survey of 547 football fans, 54 per cent said they support players and staff taking a knee to support the Black Lives Matter movement. Half of these people (27 per cent) said they strongly support it, with the other half somewhat supporting it. Some 39 per cent of football fans in England said they opposed players taking a knee while seven per cent said they did not know. In the last fortnight, England players faced boos from some of their own fans attending their final two Euro 2020 warm-up games at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...hey-support-it

This poll confirms it's an action that has very little core support. According to the views of Mr Lineker 39% of the population are racist. And he's still getting paid by the tax payer. The man should be sacked because he's meant to be impartial when you work at the beeb.
          Three things cross my mind.... 547 is a really poxy low number, the survey was done in March and what the hell is a "football fan"? I think the survey is virtually worthless in terms of the mood right now approaching the euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Three things cross my mind.... 547 is a really poxy low number, the survey was done in March and what the hell is a "football fan"? I think the survey is virtually worthless in terms of the mood right now approaching the euros.
            I’ve had it on the QT that the survey was done at the Guardian and BBC news rooms, Lord Linkear of Leicester has been reportedly been booing out of his regal rectum in the BBC toilets.

The Match of the Day team hate BLM and their Kentucky Fried Chicken soldiers.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Scotland WILL NOT be a pathetic bunch of kneeling virtue signalling wokies.

Comon the Scots

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Scotland WILL NOT be a pathetic bunch of kneeling virtue signalling wokies.

Comon the Scots
                That aged well!

You’ll be supporting North Korea at this rate…..

From Scottish national team;

’in light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms’ ….. sounds familiar

Comment

I'm hearing the poxy jocks have now decided to kneel v England.
                  Hope they get pelters for it too

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Decent post.... I think that as England fans are generally viewed as a tad right of centre and racist, anything thing that they do, will be viewed as such.

Like you, It really doesn't bother me if players want to use their profile to highlight issues but it shouldn't become a standard part of the pre match ritual as it soon begins to lack real heart and meaning.

Again, good post and good to see a reasoned view on the situation rather than most of the previous posts by high blood pressured gammons hurtling towards a heart attack......

So what would your description of a gammon be?
                    Could easily be construed as an insult on the hue of a persons skin colour.
                    A little ironic no?

“gammon” is a contemptuous label for middle-aged white men with pink faces.

“I’m appalled by the term ‘gammon’ now frequently entering the lexicon of so many . “This is a term based on skin colour and age – stereotyping by colour or age is wrong no matter what race, age or community.”
                    Still not had the justification for the racial slur that you seem to think is acceptable?

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Still not had the justification for the racial slur that you seem to think is acceptable?
                      You won’t get it from him, the likes of Johnny KFC don’t know why they are racists, but like slagging others who they think are racists just too hide their own guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

You won’t get it from him, the likes of Johnny KFC don’t know why they are racists, but like slagging others who they think are racists just too hide their guilt.
                        Top and most truthful post of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

It was not a racial slur.

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

It was not a racial

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.
                            What a stupid post, you are a real woke disgrace, go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Top and most truthful post of the thread.
                              Thank you sir

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

What a stupid post, you are a real woke disgrace, go away.
                                Watch your blood pressure Dave……..

Comment

Working...
                                X