No announcement yet.

Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imo it's the media that has made taking or not taking the knee an issue it not about booing the players it's about the u ,s movement behind the matter , which has no doubt already been said .
    QPR players were told they have no need to take the knee , as no other club does more to take diversity into the outside community than we do at QPR in the UK possibly the world yet the media instantly questioned our players when they took the club's advice on the matter

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Imo it's the media that has made taking or not taking the knee an issue it not about booing the players it's about the u ,s movement behind the matter , which has no doubt already been said .
      QPR players were told they have no need to take the knee , as no other club does more to take diversity into the outside community than we do at QPR in the UK possibly the world yet the media instantly questioned our players when they took the club's advice on the matter
      Please dont say the knee is guesture politics and this is more important than actions!! People will get very upset with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Your reply comes across to me as if you are defending it, in order to approve the Booing of the ####ing knee.....

Do you accept that sending a picture of a monkey to a black person is WRONG!!! What isn't there to grasp? There is no logic, nothing right, whoever the #### it is....

One guy worked for an estate agents 'said his account was hacked'

Another guy has been arrested who teaches and trains kids football.

These are English people.......
        Sorry buddy but it seems to me you jumped the gun calling out sheep on this one we wil never find utopia on racism , you can never control what a halfwit thinks or says we all have opinions right or wrong imo it's media it gives airtime that create the problem

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Sorry buddy but it seems to me you jumped the gun calling out sheep on this one we wil never find utopia on racism , you can never control what a halfwit thinks or says we all have opinions right or wrong imo it's media it gives airtime that create the problem
          Cheers, but it's just debate and I'm fine with it.

Main news on Sky Sports now that Lewis Hamilton has received racial abuse online after winning the F1 yesterday! I assume this is news because 90% of people in the UK are racist and need educating on this!!!!!

Personally, I couldn't give a #### thats hes received abuse and now it's on the telly the people who sent it must be so jumping for joy that they've upset Lewis.

Twitter, Instagram, FB - sort this #### out !!

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Cheers, but it's just debate and I'm fine with it.

Main news on Sky Sports now that Lewis Hamilton has received racial abuse online after winning the F1 yesterday! I assume this is news because 90% of people in the UK are racist and need educating on this!!!!!

Personally, I couldn't give a #### thats hes received abuse and now it's on the telly the people who sent it must be so jumping for joy that they've upset Lewis.

Twitter, Instagram, FB - sort this #### out !!
            What's it got to do with Insta Twitter or FB and why do they have to "sort it out"? Sort what out exactly? Hamilton voluntarily sets up an account and then courts followers and invites billions of strangers to write comments on his account...... I'm not seeing Insta as the issue in this set-up, it's the vainglorious narcissist chump who own the account that needs to "sort it out".

BTW..... still waiting for arrests following the deluge of racial abuse meted out after Euro final. Still, suppose it takes time to bring someone called Imran123 accessing from Pakistan to book though. Watch this space.

Comment

• Find it baffling that anyone would question players choosing to take the knee after the racist abuse given to the England players. It underlined precisely why it wasn't a pointless gesture. The idea that most of this racism comes from oversees is a convenient way for us as a country to duck responsibility. I don't think the people who defaced the Rashford mural were from overseas. The fact that racists will always be with us is absolutely no argument for not tackling it. In the 1950s in America black people weren't allowed to get on a bus. Should the black people of that era just accepted it because racism would always be with us?

I agree that there is a hell of a lot less racism about than when I was growing up in the 1970s. But without getting too political it seems to have made a bit of a comeback the last couple of years. A friend of mine was at the England match and there was an Italian family, with faces painted in the Italian flag, sitting in front of him. They weren't chanting, just keeping quiet. And a 60-year-old English guy just walked up and head butted them then started racially abusing them. I know 99.9 per cent of my fellow Britons are much better than that thug so I am not making out it is everyone, but if the good people don't call out those who are doing this kind of thing they are coming very close to condoning it. Which I don't think anyone on here would want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

What's it got to do with Insta Twitter or FB and why do they have to "sort it out"? Sort what out exactly? Hamilton voluntarily sets up an account and then courts followers and invites billions of strangers to write comments on his account...... I'm not seeing Insta as the issue in this set-up, it's the vainglorious narcissist chump who own the account that needs to "sort it out".

BTW..... still waiting for arrests following the deluge of racial abuse meted out after Euro final. Still, suppose it takes time to bring someone called Imran123 accessing from Pakistan to book though. Watch this space.
                It comes down to whether they're responsible for the contend on their platforms. It's my understanding that they are and have been deemed to be publishers not merely wild wild west platforms. There are thousands of FB police pulling posts for that reason. With racist abuse being a criminal offense then if they're publishing racist posts then they do need to sort it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...force-law.html

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Find it baffling that anyone would question players choosing to take the knee after the racist abuse given to the England players. It underlined precisely why it wasn't a pointless gesture. The idea that most of this racism comes from oversees is a convenient way for us as a country to duck responsibility. I don't think the people who defaced the Rashford mural were from overseas. The fact that racists will always be with us is absolutely no argument for not tackling it. In the 1950s in America black people weren't allowed to get on a bus. Should the black people of that era just accepted it because racism would always be with us?

I agree that there is a hell of a lot less racism about than when I was growing up in the 1970s. But without getting too political it seems to have made a bit of a comeback the last couple of years. A friend of mine was at the England match and there was an Italian family, with faces painted in the Italian flag, sitting in front of him. They weren't chanting, just keeping quiet. And a 60-year-old English guy just walked up and head butted them then started racially abusing them. I know 99.9 per cent of my fellow Britons are much better than that thug so I am not making out it is everyone, but if the good people don't call out those who are doing this kind of thing they are coming very close to condoning it. Which I don't think anyone on here would want to do.
                  Stan I've posted this once, and I'll post it again, for you.
                  There was no racist graffiti on the rashford mural.

As for the booing of the knee it's because they are using the black lives matter symbol.
                  Would you be ok with the boy scouts adopting the Nazi salute instead of the three fingers one?
                  It's black lives matter territory they have to choose a different way.
                  Are QPR, Les Ferdinand etc racist?
                  They don't agree with the kneeling.

Comment

• BLM is a political statement for change
                    sport and politics don’t mix, for those that say it’s because three black lads missed penalties they look abuse. Pearce, Southgate and waddle had bags over there heads for an advert they got abuse however social media is a vehicle for it to be spread. They want x amount of Twitter etc followers come of the bloody thing simple.

play your sport then do politics imo and don’t do social media. I managed a kids team I banned our kids posting anything on a final we were in opposition posted we’re going to thrash you etc as they were a league above us we won 3-2 I printed all there bits off gave each kid a copy and said prove them wrong we promptly posted a pic with trophy. If BLM sports stars honestly believe they can change in for a shock they will get some support but a lot of animosity at the same time

Comment

It comes down to whether they're responsible for the contend on their platforms. It's my understanding that they are and have been deemed to be publishers not merely wild wild west platforms. There are thousands of FB police pulling posts for that reason. With racist abuse being a criminal offense then if they're publishing racist posts then they do need to sort it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...force-law.html
                      Nobody will ever be successful in making FB et al legally responsible for the garbage circulated by their users. The key aspect is users. The "news" that FB steals and circulates is subject to this publisher debate but that has nothing to do with user-to-user content. Anyway, in the unlikely event anyone got close to blaming FB theyd just pull the plug. Be quite funny to see them announce that due to nasty comments being made to Messrs Rashford and Hamilton they are suspending all UK operations for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                        BLM is a political statement for change
                        sport and politics don’t mix, for those that say it’s because three black lads missed penalties they look abuse. Pearce, Southgate and waddle had bags over there heads for an advert they got abuse however social media is a vehicle for it to be spread. They want x amount of Twitter etc followers come of the bloody thing simple.

play your sport then do politics imo and don’t do social media. I managed a kids team I banned our kids posting anything on a final we were in opposition posted we’re going to thrash you etc as they were a league above us we won 3-2 I printed all there bits off gave each kid a copy and said prove them wrong we promptly posted a pic with trophy. If BLM sports stars honestly believe they can change in for a shock they will get some support but a lot of animosity at the same time
                        Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Nobody will ever be successful in making FB et al legally responsible for the garbage circulated by their users. The key aspect is users. The "news" that FB steals and circulates is subject to this publisher debate but that has nothing to do with user-to-user content. Anyway, in the unlikely event anyone got close to blaming FB theyd just pull the plug. Be quite funny to see them announce that due to nasty comments being made to Messrs Rashford and Hamilton they are suspending all UK operations for the foreseeable future.
                          I think the Govt are trying to put something into UK Law. But I agree, trying to successfully prosecute a US firm will be very difficult, especially if their Govt threatens trade sanctions etc.

These sports stars want those platforms for their marketing purposes. If they hate the product then all the football players should delete their accounts in a coordinated approach, that's action as opposed to a knee gesture. If its costing the platforms money with these guys binning their product they'll soon act. But will the sports stars do this if it costs them money, I doubt it, and the result is we'll have to listen to this as 'news' for many years to come. It's doing my ####ing head in. Bleat bleat bleat!

Comment

I think the Govt are trying to put something into UK Law. But I agree, trying to successfully prosecute a US firm will be very difficult, especially if their Govt threatens trade sanctions etc.

These sports stars want those platforms for their marketing purposes. If they hate the product then all the football players should delete their accounts in a coordinated approach, that's action as opposed to a knee gesture. If its costing the platforms money with these guys binning their product they'll soon act. But will the sports stars do this if it costs them money, I doubt it, and the result is we'll have to listen to this as 'news' for many years to come. It's doing my ####ing head in. Bleat bleat bleat!
                            This is the online harms bill you are talking about.
                            Unfortunately they have sold this bill to the public as what you think it is(stopping racist abuse ,homophobia, protecting children from predators etc)however it is a complete Trojan horse as its true purpose is to silence and censor any dissenting voices against the governments narrative regardless if it is true or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

This is the online harms bill you are talking about.
                              Unfortunately they have sold this bill to the public as what you think it is(stopping racist abuse ,homophobia, protecting children from predators etc)however it is a complete Trojan horse as its true purpose is to silence and censor any dissenting voices against the governments narrative regardless if it is true or not.
                              I'm not sure what it's called. I saw Patel and Jonstone going on a out some act but hoping the platforms would sort their act out themselves. Apart from that I dont know anything about it.

Comment

• In a woke world it's good to see some commonsense occasionally!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...87065.html?amp

Comment

Working...
                                X