Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    YouGov Report:

England, from a survey of 547 football fans, 54 per cent said they support players and staff taking a knee to support the Black Lives Matter movement. Half of these people (27 per cent) said they strongly support it, with the other half somewhat supporting it. Some 39 per cent of football fans in England said they opposed players taking a knee while seven per cent said they did not know. In the last fortnight, England players faced boos from some of their own fans attending their final two Euro 2020 warm-up games at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...hey-support-it

This poll confirms it's an action that has very little core support. According to the views of Mr Lineker 39% of the population are racist. And he's still getting paid by the tax payer. The man should be sacked because he's meant to be impartial when you work at the beeb.
    Three things cross my mind.... 547 is a really poxy low number, the survey was done in March and what the hell is a "football fan"? I think the survey is virtually worthless in terms of the mood right now approaching the euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Three things cross my mind.... 547 is a really poxy low number, the survey was done in March and what the hell is a "football fan"? I think the survey is virtually worthless in terms of the mood right now approaching the euros.
      I’ve had it on the QT that the survey was done at the Guardian and BBC news rooms, Lord Linkear of Leicester has been reportedly been booing out of his regal rectum in the BBC toilets.

The Match of the Day team hate BLM and their Kentucky Fried Chicken soldiers.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Scotland WILL NOT be a pathetic bunch of kneeling virtue signalling wokies.

Comon the Scots

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Scotland WILL NOT be a pathetic bunch of kneeling virtue signalling wokies.

Comon the Scots
          That aged well!

You’ll be supporting North Korea at this rate…..

From Scottish national team;

’in light of divisive and inaccurate comments being perpetuated by individuals and groups, whose views we denounce in the strongest terms’ ….. sounds familiar

Comment

I'm hearing the poxy jocks have now decided to kneel v England.
            Hope they get pelters for it too

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Decent post.... I think that as England fans are generally viewed as a tad right of centre and racist, anything thing that they do, will be viewed as such.

Like you, It really doesn't bother me if players want to use their profile to highlight issues but it shouldn't become a standard part of the pre match ritual as it soon begins to lack real heart and meaning.

Again, good post and good to see a reasoned view on the situation rather than most of the previous posts by high blood pressured gammons hurtling towards a heart attack......

So what would your description of a gammon be?
              Could easily be construed as an insult on the hue of a persons skin colour.
              A little ironic no?

“gammon” is a contemptuous label for middle-aged white men with pink faces.

“I’m appalled by the term ‘gammon’ now frequently entering the lexicon of so many . “This is a term based on skin colour and age – stereotyping by colour or age is wrong no matter what race, age or community.”
              Still not had the justification for the racial slur that you seem to think is acceptable?

Comment

Still not had the justification for the racial slur that you seem to think is acceptable?
                You won’t get it from him, the likes of Johnny KFC don’t know why they are racists, but like slagging others who they think are racists just too hide their own guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

You won’t get it from him, the likes of Johnny KFC don’t know why they are racists, but like slagging others who they think are racists just too hide their guilt.
                  Top and most truthful post of the thread.

Comment

It was not a racial slur.

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

It was not a racial

A gammon is not a race, it is a lifestyle choice (the high blood pressure?) which is why it cannot be a racist term, which would require discrimination, prejudice or antagonism against a person on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group.

If anything, calling someone a gammon is an insult…..not even a really good one to be honest…..but amazing to see how many on here identify with it.
                      What a stupid post, you are a real woke disgrace, go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Top and most truthful post of the thread.
                        Thank you sir

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

What a stupid post, you are a real woke disgrace, go away.
                          Watch your blood pressure Dave……..

Comment

• Another stupid post, go away you racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

It was not a racial slur.

And there ladies & gentlemen, lies the problem with today's society.
                              The woke justice warriors constantly throw around racial slurs, believing such remarks are not racist, but very quickly insult 1000s of England fans with a broad accusation that most fans are racist, and then doubles down with what he claims is just an insult, when said insult is directed at a white demographic based on their skin tone.

Patriotism towards your country is not racist buddy.
                              Were all our grand fathers and great grandfathers just a bunch of racists, when they stormed the beaches on D day for King and country?

Canadians are very patriotic, and one of the biggest holidays over here is Canada Day on July 1st, does this mean all Canadians are also middle class racist white guys, or gammons as you like to fondly refer to when insulting a large part of a race?
                              Last edited by Fraggy; 12-06-2021, 01:52 PM.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• No taking the knee nonsense before the Italy v Turkey game last night ,just 2 teams who wanted to play a game of football without any politics

Comment

Working...
                                X