Taking The Knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Decent post.... I think that as England fans are generally viewed as a tad right of centre and racist, anything thing that they do, will be viewed as such.

Like you, It really doesn't bother me if players want to use their profile to highlight issues but it shouldn't become a standard part of the pre match ritual as it soon begins to lack real heart and meaning.

Again, good post and good to see a reasoned view on the situation rather than most of the previous posts by high blood pressured gammons hurtling towards a heart attack......
    So what would your description of a gammon be?
    Could easily be construed as an insult on the hue of a persons skin colour.
    A little ironic no?

“gammon” is a contemptuous label for middle-aged white men with pink faces.

“I’m appalled by the term ‘gammon’ now frequently entering the lexicon of so many . “This is a term based on skin colour and age – stereotyping by colour or age is wrong no matter what race, age or community.”

Comment

It's just a troll sm.
      Probably one if it's on twitter that has, #bekind in its bio

Comment

Ffs John Barnes has stated on twitter that taking the knee must stop.
        Guess what, he has been labelled with a racial slur by pro knee takers.
        That is the sort of person I was suggesting our troll would be on twitter.
        Totally disgusting and totally unacceptable.
        Twitter needs to be shut down

Comment

Johnny KFC, where are you, throwing shi ty little insults, you really are a stupid woke moron, come on where are you mr Nazi.

Gammon, egg, beans and chips for my tea tonight, smashing aye.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            The Daily Telegraph is reporting that Brentford Football Club will not be taking the knee next season.

Hopefully, other British clubs will have the bottle to stand up to the marxist racists.

I think other clubs will follow suit. Thing is they need to make it clear it's their stadium and their home game and instruct ref to start game directly with no delay or accommodation made to visiting team to pause and genuflect. If visiting team want to kneel down in formation they can do it after the game or in the warm-up.
            The Bees stance is pointless if there's still a delay and a pause caused by one team.
            BTW.... Croatia won't be kneeling on Sunday. Well that's what they said today anyway.

Comment

From what I'm understanding having listened to TR and read online, this England team, unlike any other going into a tournament, has managed to get half the country wanting them to fail.
              What an ignorant bunch of wokies.
              Oh btw GB news goes to air for the first time on Sunday​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                From what I'm understanding having listened to TR and read online, this England team, unlike any other going into a tournament, has managed to get half the country wanting them to fail.
                I've been looking forward to GB News for so long. If you want a comparison to the BBC and even SkyNews UK then follow Sky New Australia on FB and watch out for Alun Jones. Sky UK would never have his equivalent on air even for balanced reporting because of the woke backlash. He is a breath of fresh air. You can probably YouTube him and listen to what he has to say on Harry and Markel, BLM etc. They seem to have free speech over there covering left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I won’t support the England football team until Gareth Wokegate has departed, or apologies, prefer he just fu cked off.

I am really looking forward to GB News, Andrew Neil and co ripping the woke to shreds.

I love Talk Radio, we have it playing all day in the house, lively debate and at times very funny and in the main, very anti woke.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I've been looking forward to GB News for so long. If you want a comparison to the BBC and even SkyNews UK then follow Sky New Australia on FB and watch out for Alun Jones. Sky UK would never have his equivalent on air even for balanced reporting because of the woke backlash. He is a breath of fresh air. You can probably YouTube him and listen to what he has to say on Harry and Markel, BLM etc. They seem to have free speech over there covering left and right.
                    Just hoping they don't let us down.
                    They have a couple of ex sky presenters I have seen.
                    They are running a preview ad on sky 515 with the news presenters talking about what is coming.
                    I don't expect or want a totally right wing news and I'm sure we they won't deliver that.
                    Just want the news not channel opinion

Comment

YouGov Report:

England, from a survey of 547 football fans, 54 per cent said they support players and staff taking a knee to support the Black Lives Matter movement. Half of these people (27 per cent) said they strongly support it, with the other half somewhat supporting it. Some 39 per cent of football fans in England said they opposed players taking a knee while seven per cent said they did not know. In the last fortnight, England players faced boos from some of their own fans attending their final two Euro 2020 warm-up games at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...hey-support-it

This poll confirms it's an action that has very little core support. According to the views of Mr Lineker 39% of the population are racist. And he's still getting paid by the tax payer. The man should be sacked because he's meant to be impartial when you work at the beeb.

Comment

YouGov Report:

England, from a survey of 547 football fans, 54 per cent said they support players and staff taking a knee to support the Black Lives Matter movement. Half of these people (27 per cent) said they strongly support it, with the other half somewhat supporting it. Some 39 per cent of football fans in England said they opposed players taking a knee while seven per cent said they did not know. In the last fortnight, England players faced boos from some of their own fans attending their final two Euro 2020 warm-up games at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...hey-support-it

This poll confirms it's an action that has very little core support. According to the views of Mr Lineker 39% of the population are racist. And he's still getting paid by the tax payer. The man should be sacked because he's meant to be impartial when you work at the beeb.
                        Is this the “firm stance from balanced information and opinion” that you mentioned in your post to me?

Interpreting a poll which obviously shows a majority support or ambivalence to football players taking the knee and spinning it as some sort of moral victory to the minority booing?

I don’t think your view is considered, but I won’t insult you for it.

Comment

I have done my best to not comment on this thread, as I know it would of triggered a couple of members and turned the thread into a total meltdown.

But I would like to point out, that the only racist comments on this multi page thread, came from a left leaning member.

I didn't do what we would do if the racist comment was aimed at a person of colour, as I believe our friend on the left, is entitled to his opinion, and his opinion reflects his true colours.

Also, stating most England supporters are racist, really sums up the mindset of those that lean to the far left. Way to represent buddy

In reference to blm, words escape me. Everyone and their dog know they are a Marxist organization (check their websites), they are corrupt (one of founding members in America has stood down claiming he could no longer be part of a corrupt organization).

Sasha Johnson; who I truly hope has a full recovery from that cowardly shooting, kept harping on about white privilege and white man bad, but forgot to mention she was raised by a white foster mum, who afforded her a university education.

As a society, within my lifetime, we have come a long way in addressing racism. Being raised in the 70s and 80s in Stonebridge, I witnessed racism towards black people on a daily basis.
                          I believe great strides have taken place to address racism, and I always understood, we would have to stay vigilant to insure the work that had been done and was still continuing, does not get side tracked.

However, since the George Floyd incident last year, blm, antifa, hope not hate and other marxist and far left groups have set race relations back decades, have created unrepairable divides within famlies, have split communities, and left a sense of fear wherever they go.
                          Mr.Marx would be very proud of you and the chaos and destruction you have caused.

It was quite enjoyable to see the faces of the far left while supporting a free Palestine protest, when Pro Palestine protesters pulled out flags with swastikas and had banners that stated hitler should of killed more jews.

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Is this the “firm stance from balanced information and opinion” that you mentioned in your post to me?

Interpreting a poll which obviously shows a majority support or ambivalence to football players taking the knee and spinning it as some sort of moral victory to the minority booing?

I don’t think your view is considered, but I won’t insult you for it.
                            Nice retort Sir.

By posting this poll I was merely trying to highlight that being against 'taking the knee' is not down to a few crack pots and racists booing at games, or a few keyboard warriors, but 39% of the sample.

Yes, most agree or dont care, but this poll confirms a big population of football fans don't like it. Hardly taking people on a journey and surely enough to indicate that this will not be on place next season. Hopefully the Euros will be the end of this and a different campaign can be rolled out. Carrying on with it will alienate a huge supporter base.

Thank you for your comments.

Comment

Nice retort Sir.

By posting this poll I was merely trying to highlight that being against 'taking the knee' is not down to a few crack pots and racists booing at games, or a few keyboard warriors, but 39% of the sample.

Yes, most agree or dont care, but this poll confirms a big population of football fans don't like it. Hardly taking people on a journey and surely enough to indicate that this will not be on place next season. Hopefully the Euros will be the end of this and a different campaign can be rolled out. Carrying on with it will alienate a huge supporter base.

Thank you for your comments.
                              Fair comment.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I think the important message has been diluted by incorporating the knee thing into the standard ‘pre match’ routine (so am I one of the 39%?)
                              but I can accept that it is important to numerous players and understand why they continue to do it.

Booing, which incidentally won’t be done by all the 39%, reeks of an ulterior motive.

The ‘we’re only booing the Marxism’ is the new ‘I only read playboy for the the articles’ isn’t it?

Comment

Fair comment.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, I think the important message has been diluted by incorporating the knee thing into the standard ‘pre match’ routine (so am I one of the 39%?)
                                but I can accept that it is important to numerous players and understand why they continue to do it.

Booing, which incidentally won’t be done by all the 39%, reeks of an ulterior motive.

The ‘we’re only booing the Marxism’ is the new ‘I only read playboy for the the articles’ isn’t it?
                                As with Brexit, if you were racist you'd vote against the union, but that didnt make all Brexiteers racists. Of course there will be some racists in that 39%, they do exist and will always exist. Overall, I think you're in the don't mind category.

I have thought about what I'd do on match day and I think I would boo at my first game and then leave it at that. I dont want to boo QPR players every game in such an important season. But I need to voice my disapproval.

I think most of the 39% would be well aware of the BLM agenda, especially the USA core organisation. I dont think players can hide behind the UK version 'appearing' less political. It is still an authorised affiliate of the USA organisation.

As long as these young lads have been educated on both sides of the arguement there's not much can be done. They know the downsides. Personally, I think Les will take them all aside and convince them this has run its course and will now cause more harm than good. Players and fans need to be on the same page next season to give us a good go at promotion. This sideshow needs to stop for that alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X