Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieng

Just read an article on Newsow about the known rumours about interest in Dieng from Arsenal, Palace and Leeds. But it also suggested that if we cashed in we should go for Smithies, who is now reserve keeper at Cardiff.

It would be a shame to see Dieng go, but to get £10-15m for him and pick up Smithies for £1m would be decent business. Smithies is 31yrs and will have one year left on his contract come the summer.

That deal could free up cash to sign the loan guys and perhaps one other including extra wages needed for these guys. At 31yrs Smithies would still have another three good seasons in him.

A sensible option in my opinion without too much drop in quality.

Being a gk, I'd argue Smithies has a good 6 or 7 seasons left.

Comment

It would be a Real shame, but the situation we find ourselves in , it’s Good business.
      F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

If we intend to go up we keep Dieng. I liked Smithies but this lad is better, and young. Constantly selling our young talent is great for the books but at some point if we want to push on sustainably we have to hang on to them and build.

If we're happy as a club where top 10 Championship is enough then get him sold.

Comment

Why do people keep insisting that Dieng is young?
          He is the oldest 'keeper we have. Older than both Lumley and Kelly.

Comment

26 is younger than 31, and a shed ton younger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              If we intend to go up we keep Dieng. I liked Smithies but this lad is better, and young. Constantly selling our young talent is great for the books but at some point if we want to push on sustainably we have to hang on to them and build.

I agree that if we are looking to go up we should be keeping him, however, I would consider selling him for £12 -15m, especially if we can keep him on loan for next season, and use the money to buy Johansen, Austin, Field and Di Wijs. Also use any left over money to add a bit more pace in our attack.

Signing Smithies for £1m looks like a goo deal if we can get him.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

In an ideal world I'd love to keep Dieng if the owners are in a position to put in more money to fund the buying of the loan lads. But I suspect that putting in nearly £1m a month as they do is enough for them.

For the greater good of the squad we would get more quality across the whole first team if a £10m+ offer came in for Dieng. This is our stated strategy too, so we must expect at least one departure every season.

We could keep Dieng and send these loan players back, but I think we know that would cause relegation.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree that if we are looking to go up we should be keeping him, however, I would consider selling him for £12 -15m, especially if we can keep him on loan for next season, and use the money to buy Johansen, Austin, Field and Di Wijs. Also use any left over money to add a bit more pace in our attack.

Signing Smithies for £1m looks like a goo deal if we can get him.
                  To be honest and i will upset a lot of supporters here but i personally think Chaz has done his job and i would be reluctant to sign him beyond this season

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post

To be honest and i will upset a lot of supporters here but i personally think Chaz has done his job and i would be reluctant to sign him beyond this season
                    Despite Charlie Austin’s goals and presence being a major influence on gaining safety I think it would be too big a gamble financially to bring him here permanently next season.
                    Charlie and Dykes is not a good combination up front as seen by Charlie dropping deeper, if Dykes continues his current form in leading the line I would think he may benefit from having a more mobile striker along side him.
                    Big kudos to King Charlie for what he achieved for us this season.

Comment

QPR goalkeeper Seny Dieng has been rewarded for his fine form with Rangers by being called up to represent Senegal over the international break.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...l-call-220321/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        QPR goalkeeper Seny Dieng has been rewarded for his fine form with Rangers by being called up to represent Senegal over the international break.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...l-call-220321/
                        Well done young man, fully deserved.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I thought he was Swiss?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                            He's Senegalese in the same way that Lyndon Dykes is Scottish.

Well, not the same way but there are many ways that a player can play for a country that isn't their true nationality.
                            Should av picked England then

Comment

I'd prefer it if he wasn't going off on international duty. I know fatigue is not such an issue with goalies but I don't trust the covid protocols in foreign countries: all these footballers gadding about the world and coming together is asking for problems I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                              X