X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Why?
    Why keep him fit?
    Let the bloke sort out his own regime, let him sit there till June.
    Hopefully his "big clubs" coming for him will see his behavior and attitude and maybe find a better fit for their squad
    Why let him sit there when we are still paying him full wages?

I'd play him and make him work for it and he does give us 100%.

Comment

Squad looking dangerously thin now

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Neither am I but I think we both know you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on .
        We're a football club and he's an employee. He's under contract with us so I would expect that we would have a duty to provide him with the tool to do his job. If we expelled him from the club's facilities surely he could sue us for not looking after him. I'm no lawyer either, but you dont need to be one to tie someone in legal proceedings. Layers can make it up as they go along too.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

because it sends out the wrong message. If we di that then the players have the power not the club. Contracts are supposed to mean something. Signing one means you are committed and want to be here. Not signing one means you will be off the first chance you get. You cant run a club with players who arent ooking to be here for longer than 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            If as Mem has mentioned in the match thread, that he has been axed from the squad for not signing a new contract, then good for the club.
            The decent thing for a player to do, imo is to not leave his current employer out of pocket.
            If he is good enough for a move, other clubs will show an interest.
            If he's not he is still employed with a watertight contract.
            To not sign is greed, and a out of touch attitude towards the club and supporters who pay his wages.
            If he continues to not sign then I don't see why QPR should train him and keep his fitness up for another club to benefit.
            Football needs to change, as Gary Neville has been saying since the pandemic, that has highlighted the chasm even more.
            It is not a normal business and it should not be treated in the same way.
            The PFA is too powerful as are agents and changes need to be made, to ensure the survival of the English leagues and it's ancient clubs, with roots in the local areas.
            Clubs like QPR who bring players on when the players need training and game time will have to stop doing so if the players have short memories and don't respect what the club has done for them, and when that happens you then have no players coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
              Squad looking dangerously thin now
              Possibly a reason for not abandoning him just yet?

Comment

Bosman ruling was 1995, ages ago basically.... You cannot let a player go into the final year of their contract, it's asking for trouble. Before their final year you have to either give them a new contract or sell them.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Really pissed off with Bright ( if true ) ,unless he does sign he shouldn't be allowed near our first team again,let him play with the kids

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Clubs like QPR who bring players on when the players need training and game time will have to stop doing so if the players have short memories and don't respect what the club has done for them, and when that happens you then have no players coming through.
                    Agree

Comment

Would like to know more before I put my 2 bob's worth in

Comment

MW interview confirmed he was left out due to contract discussions. He said his head needs to be clear, in other words if he’s staying great if he’s not we aren’t playing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

But there again these players are earning less money than established players because they're learning the game. I guess the art is getting them on a decent length contract when their potential is recognised but the club still has the upper hand. When a player gets established in the last year of their contract it's too late to cash in, but they have played for the club for the wages agreed, so can walk away without any moral dilemma. It's good that the likes of Niko has sign a three deal as he gets established and we've got that extra one year option if he comes good.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Letting good players run down their contracts while playing is the way to end a football club. Clubs like QPR can only be run sustainably over time by selling good players and create profit from transfers. In reality, if we allow good players to run down their contracts and leave on a free we pass on all potential transfer fees to these players. They will get great sign on fees and better salaries and we will get nothing.

QPR have therefore only one option, if they fail to force a sale or a contract renewal with one year left of the contract, and that is to send a clear signal to all other players: If you resist being sold and if you resist signing a new contract, you won't play. It is not good for a player's development to be left out for months, and it is important other players that would like to undermine the club understand it.

Ideally, if someone wants to take BOS in January and offer us a tiny nominal fee (£250.000 as in the case of Manning), we might actually be better off saying no thanks, and let the player rot for another six months. We loose the transfer fee and we have to pay salaries for another six months, but it sends out the right signal to all other players that QPR mean business. It is a short term pain, long term gain.

While the Bosman ruling from 1995 makes a lot of sense, it has shifted the power too much in the favor of players. As Dave says, football isn't just an ordinary business. Bigger clubs gain from these situations (Celtic or Rangers will get BOS for free), smaller club never. I think there should be a tribunal setting a fee for players that leave after end of contract, just like there is a standard compensation for U21 players that move club.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Letting good players run down their contracts while playing is the way to end a football club. Clubs like QPR can only be run sustainably over time by selling good players and create profit from transfers. In reality, if we allow good players to run down their contracts and leave on a free we pass on all potential transfer fees to these players. They will get great sign on fees and better salaries and we will get nothing.

QPR have therefore only one option, if they fail to force a sale or a contract renewal with one year left of the contract, and that is to send a clear signal to all other players: If you resist being sold and if you resist signing a new contract, you won't play. It is not good for a player's development to be left out for months, and it is important other players that would like to undermine the club understand it.

Ideally, if someone wants to take BOS in January and offer us a tiny nominal fee (£250.000 as in the case of Manning), we might actually be better off saying no thanks, and let the player rot for another six months. We loose the transfer fee and we have to pay salaries for another six months, but it sends out the right signal to all other players that QPR mean business. It is a short term pain, long term gain.

While the Bosman ruling from 1995 makes a lot of sense, it has shifted the power too much in the favor of players. As Dave says, football isn't just an ordinary business. Bigger clubs gain from these situations (Celtic or Rangers will get BOS for free), smaller club never. I think there should be a tribunal setting a fee for players that leave after end of contract, just like there is a standard compensation for U21 players that move club.
                              I think you are correct in turning down nominal bids and then let the player rot in the youth teams. The clubs need to get back some of the power from players and their agents (I think with BOS it is most likely his agent who is calling all the shots and refusing a deal.

Tbh I think our team is weak even with him in it, so dropping him isn't going to make a great deal of difference. Having Eze, in the team gave more freedom to BOS and Chair to shine. Without him we only see glimpses of how they played last season.

​​​​​​​Drop him and play Chair Willock and Adomah behind Dykes, Bonne or both of them.

Comment

The club should think carefully before acting punitively towards players who won't sign a new contract. Players are well within their right not to sign a new contract and it doesn't reflect well on the club that they have to effectively bully a player into staying. First and foremost - the player and club must honour the existing contract, BOS has played this season and hasn't done any worse than other players.

Comment

Working...
                                X