How many points to stay up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Will be 52 points that goes down in 3rd from bottom. So 53 to stay up for sure. I reckon it will be Luton, Barnsley and Hull who go !
    Middlesbrough are free Falling, can see them going

Comment

Hard to say. Think luton, boro possibly and stoke. Barnsley are weird. So many goals in them but crap at the vack. Looking forward to that 5-3 in our favour. Think 52 should be safe.

Comment

56, I think. If Boro lose tonight it will surely benefit us and we can relax..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Here are the teams/points for team finishing 6th and team taking last relegation spot over past 5 years:

2019: Derby 74 Rotherham 40
          2018: Derby 75 Barnsley 41
          2017: Fulham 80 Blackburn 51 (Forest had 51pts too but stayed up on GD)
          2016: Sheff Wed 74 Charlton 40
          2015: Ipswich 78 Millwall 41

My favourite season was 2013 though...... Leicester in 6th with a paltry 68pts and Peterboro relegated with 54pts. Only 14 points difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Here are the teams/points for team finishing 6th and team taking last relegation spot over past 5 years:

2019: Derby 74 Rotherham 40
            2018: Derby 75 Barnsley 41
            2017: Fulham 80 Blackburn 51 (Forest had 51pts too but stayed up on GD)
            2016: Sheff Wed 74 Charlton 40
            2015: Ipswich 78 Millwall 41

My favourite season was 2013 though...... Leicester in 6th with a paltry 68pts and Peterboro relegated with 54pts. Only 14 points difference!
            This season appears very similar at this stage ,Wigan were relegated on 54 points as well I think inbetween

Comment

Boro have come from a goal down to be leading against Forest tonight,a very typical score line at 5he moment.bottom teams are beating top teams every week.
              it just means we must continue picking up points as gap at the bottom is not being extended.

Comment

We still have to play 4 out of bottom 6 away. And Barnsley at home. Not sure if this is a good thing or not considering our usual form against bottom teams. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                  Boro have come from a goal down to be leading against Forest tonight,a very typical score line at 5he moment.bottom teams are beating top teams every week.
                  it just means we must continue picking up points as gap at the bottom is not being extended.
                  Just 8 points off the drop now..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    We still have to play 4 out of bottom 6 away. And Barnsley at home. Not sure if this is a good thing or not considering our usual form against bottom teams. Onwards and upwards.
                    On current form id prefer to be playing against teams near the top.

Comment

2-2
                      R's

Comment

How Boro got a point out of that I don’t know. Forest battered them second half just couldn’t put ball in net, until the Keeper had a mare thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

This season appears very similar at this stage ,Wigan were relegated on 54 points as well I think inbetween
                          Peterboro went down on 54 points

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                            Reckon this season will need 53 points to stay up. 2 more wins in 10 games for us

What do others think will be the required number of points for safety?
                            we are 9 points from the play offs, 10 points from the relegation zone.
                            10 games to go, that is 30 points. why look to the bottom.
                            lets be a bit more positive...….jesus, how depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

we are 9 points from the play offs, 10 points from the relegation zone.
                              10 games to go, that is 30 points. why look to the bottom.
                              lets be a bit more positive...….jesus, how depressing.
                              The passion and attacking display I saw on Saturday does not reflect a team struggling for points. Even with our leaky defence there enough skill and desire to get the points needed. I'm not in the slightest bit worried about relegation.

Comment

I think Luton will drop possibly with Hull and Charlton, Wierdly I think Barnsley look stronger than most teams in bottom 3 personally id sooner see Middleborough drop, 1, its a sheet hole 2,they went big on CF and can't score for toffee most games and 2, Woodgate way out of his depth

Comment

Working...
                                X