What clubs in Championship have so far spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What clubs in Championship have so far spent

Interesting topic on talk sport website re clubs in championship in the close season, was surprising that Derby fulham and a few others have spent nothing as well. Now i will be the first to admit they probably have better squads and in Derby changed manager etc.

Is this a sign that clubs are starting to live within the FFP rules or one that like the general economy is feeling the pinch football clubs are starting to realise 50k wages per week are simply unsustainable.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/5...ansfer-window/

Interesting, lots havent spent much if any...

Brentford realistically the only club with Bristol City who are to spend having been in the champ for so long give the fact they've actually made a profit on players.

The other clubs have been relegated so have parachute payments.

Comment

According to this, Millwall paid 1.3m for Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by HA2Ranger View Post
        Yeah right. and hull paid 400k for Ingram. I will take this article with a large pinch of salt

Comment

Sky has Luke Freeman as a "Player In" on Sky Sports News at £5 Mlllion....a net spend list would mean more I think (Sales v Purchases)

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Sky has Luke Freeman as a "Player In" on Sky Sports News at £5 Mlllion....a net spend list would mean more I think (Sales v Purchases)
            100% agree. Meaningless without listing what these clubs got in.

Comment

I can remember when I was younger how I so wanted QPR to spend £1m on a player like
              my mates teams seem to.
              Think I'm right was it Wegerle our first one mill player?
              But I am so proud to see us with just a 60k outlay great work.....#traditionalQPR

Comment

I believe it's stating Wall paid £1.3 for Bovardson & Smith combined

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I can remember when I was younger how I so wanted QPR to spend £1m on a player like
                  my mates teams seem to.
                  Think I'm right was it Wegerle our first one mill player?
                  But I am so proud to see us with just a 60k outlay great work.....#traditionalQPR
                  I have never been so excited and in a state of total disbelief when we signed Tony Curry. I was only young but have never had that feeling since. I was in a state of shock.....

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    Interesting, lots havent spent much if any...

Brentford realistically the only club with Bristol City who are to spend having been in the champ for so long give the fact they've actually made a profit on players.

The other clubs have been relegated so have parachute payments.
                    Yep, FFP is having the desired effect (protecting the big clubs from competition by keeping smaller clubs "in their place").

Comment

Actually regards my above question, probably was Ned Zelic QPR's first £1m signing ......wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Actually regards my above question, probably was Ned Zelic QPR's first £1m signing ......wasn't it?
                        Osborn, Zelic and Hatley all came for £1M + in 95/96 with Hatley costing the most at just over £1.5M.
                        Like you, I was also excited at the prospect at QPR spending £1M, especially as it felt like a lifetime since Trevor Francis became the first £1M player.

There was also that great business with Clive Allen back in the 80s, when we made a few bob outta Palarse and the Gooners.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Bristol City have recruited well....could be a good season for them IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Osborn, Zelic and Hatley all came for £1M + in 95/96 with Hatley costing the most at just over £1.5M.
                            Like you, I was also excited at the prospect at QPR spending £1M, especially as it felt like a lifetime since Trevor Francis became the first £1M player.

There was also that great business with Clive Allen back in the 80s, when we made a few bob outta Palarse and the Gooners.
                            Allen was a homing striker weren't he, Oldest scam in the book

Comment

He sure was Dave.
                              wasn't he the first player we sold for £1M?
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X