Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Any chance you can post what you heard/read
    Pretty much what I posted above mate. There was money to spend even before the Smithies sale, we just ain't got our act together. McLaren doesn't have a clue about any players in our price range. I'd believed that Les was in charge of the transfers, but what I've heard tonight suggests that's a stretch too. As bad as Holloway was on a match day, we've missed him in the transfer market this summer........and everyone on here knows that I don't praise that man easily.

Comment

• If IH is still on the payroll for the last year of his contract bring him back in as a consultant. If SM resigns on that basis so be it....

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        If IH is still on the payroll for the last year of his contract bring him back in as a consultant. If SM resigns on that basis so be it....
        Don't see that helping mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

No neither do i

Comment

• It doesn't matter who goes out, nothing will save this season.

Comment

• I'm sceptical on this though I do believe there's been a bo//ox up this summer

Comment

It will if it gets SM out and we get back to basics and a few seasons more in the Championship. A bit of a Rodney / Gerry move!!

Comment

Pretty much what I posted above mate. There was money to spend even before the Smithies sale, we just ain't got our act together. McLaren doesn't have a clue about any players in our price range. I'd believed that Les was in charge of the transfers, but what I've heard tonight suggests that's a stretch too. As bad as Holloway was on a match day, we've missed him in the transfer market this summer........and everyone on here knows that I don't praise that man easily.
                  Got to wonder what they hell they talked about during his interview then.

Comment

• They ########ted him to get him in

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Got to wonder what they hell they talked about during his interview then.
                      The suggestion that I heard tonight was McLaren exaggerated his knowledge of this level of the English game. But that's by the by, the real problem here is that were are running a DoF set-up but still relying on the manager to sign players. Regardless of who the manager is, Les should have had targets lined up for all the gaps we had in the squad.

Comment

• Tarbie. We are all over the place on and off the field and that has been highlighted by the result yesterday on the pitch coupled with a faliure to get a couple of loans in sharpish. Angel Bloody Rangel.

Comment

The suggestion that I heard tonight was McLaren exaggerated his knowledge of this level of the English game. But that's by the by, the real problem here is that were are running a DoF set-up but still relying on the manager to sign players. Regardless of who the manager is, Les should have had targets lined up for all the gaps we had in the squad.
                          No that was is Penrice job he reports his findings to the manager and the dof

Comment

Exaggerated his knowledge? What were they interviewing for, the IT guy? I would have thought, “if you got the job, what players would you be interested in....given our limited budget” Ie. Name some players.

im reading between the lines but maybe it’s a DoF vs manager issue. And McLaren is trying to show who is boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                              Could be a clash of minds. Les, Lee and Penrice wanting to sign players but Steve saying he doesn't want them. Whatever is going on it doesn't bode well
                              That's the kind of story a manager puts about as preparation for him jumping ship.....

If there's a struggle, who will Amit back? Les or Steve? Les is the biggest f uck up with a track record which is a crock of s hit, so let's hope it's Steve, eh?

Comment

• If true no wonder we are such a shambles on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X