No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads were willing to defend continuous six defeats on the bounce but suppose that’s because they liked the manager

Comment

Just read a article where Holloway questions whether McClaren knew the full strength of the situation. McClaren looks lost but you have to feel for him as clearly he has not been told exactly where we are as a club. Even the loan situation is turning into a farce as yesterday highlighted how woeful we are.

Comment

if he didnt know the full situation god forbid he might just
        walk

Comment

McClaren has been around the block abit, I’m sure he knew what he was getting into. I know I’ve heard from many people in the game that he’s quite deluded and thinks he’s one of the best coaches in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            if he didnt know the full situation god forbid he might just
            walk
            I think this is the situation.

Can see him walking soon because of it.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Keep it in proportion Foxy he did very well from January onwards
              Yes, when he was ordered to change the formation and drop the WB's. TF has even admitted that.

Comment

He must be ####ed off that we cannot even get a loan deal done.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Keep it in proportion Foxy he did very well from January onwards
                  Someone did very well to manage Ollie from January ...

Maybe that person should be in charge!

No opinion either way on Mac appointment but someone else has already pointed out the much better defensive options Ollie had. Say rear of Smithies, Furlong, Bidwell, Robinson and Ned. That's actually not bad at all at this level. Mac only has Bidwell out of those. Our backline League One at best. No excuse at all for shipping 7 goals but I do expect this side to concede a ton of goals if at least two half decent loan signings not brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yes, when he was ordered to change the formation and drop the WB's. TF has even admitted that.
                    Stan you and Foxy don't know that it's just your assumption Ollie is the kinda fella that can't be told anything obstinate and stuck in his ways

Comment

,I never wanted Holloway back as manager as it rarely works going ie G Francis but supported him as we've been turning over too many managers and jobs take time to work and likewise I will support S Mc for the same reasons , but I find it hilarious that we get a wholesale trouncing and punters find an excuse to knock an EX manager

Comment

Everyone agrees to the fact the back line is weaker now than under Holloway. That's indisputable. Also Holloway would struggle with this defensive five. But McClaren's outright stupidity is to assume you can play out from the back when you have players at your disposal that are not suited for it. To play tikki-takka around your own box with sub standard players has a risk profile that is absolutely unacceptable. Everyone can see this for themselves, save for Les and a minority of our fans that think McClaren was a smart appointment and now try to defend their position. How anyone could even think for a second McClaren was a better answer for QPR than Holloway is beyond me. Holloway is not one of UKs best manager, but he is a upper half Championship manager, that got very decent results with what he had at his disposal, and improved from one year to the next and thereby created a sort of stability we desperately needed. McClaren hasn't shown anything the last ten years to indicate he was a good choice as manager given QPRs challenges. I have backed a lot of decision the board has made the last couple of years and I actually felt we were heading in the right direction, but this McClaren appointment is the most bizarre decision we have taken over the years - it is right up there with the stupid signings of costly players some years ago.

It isn't McClaren fault. He isn't better. I don't want to have a dig at him. He was desperately looking for a job and someone gave him a way back into football management than he was dreaming of. I don't think the club has been hiding the financial constraints either - Hoos comes across as a very honest and good guy and I cannot think he hasn't been transparent. It is simply a football decision QPR got absolutely desperately wrong, despite all the applause from a section of the fans.

The responsibility lies with Les and the board, that failed to analyze the qualities we should be looking for in a manager. Holloway did well and there was no reason to sack him. However, if ambitions were higher than a manager of Holloway's caliber, we should look at someone who has demonstrated he can get a lot out of a situation with limited resources and play a brand of football suited to what we have. Take Lagerbäck as an example, the coach that took Iceland, a country with 300.000 people, to major championships. Now he has taken over Norway, a team with equally limited players as Iceland, and now he has four wins in a row against better footballing nation. The football isn't pretty to the eye, but very effective, and his motivational skills are superb. That's the profile QPR should be looking for if we wanted to replace Holloway. We can give McClaren another ten matches to show what he can do, but we all know the end result.
                        Last edited by QPROslo; 19-08-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          Everyone agrees to the fact the back line is weaker now than under Holloway. That's indisputable. Also Holloway would struggle with this defensive five. But McClaren's outright stupidity is to assume you can play out from the back when you have players at your disposal that are not suited for it. To play tikki-takka around your own box with sub standard players has a risk profile that is absolutely unacceptable. Everyone can see this for themselves, save for Les and a minority of our fans that think McClaren was a smart appointment and now try to defend their position. How anyone could even think for a second McClaren was a better answer for QPR than Holloway is beyond me. Holloway is not one of UKs best manager, but he is a upper half Championship manager, that got very decent results with what he had at his disposal, and improved from one year to the next and thereby created a sort of stability we desperately needed. McClaren hasn't shown anything the last ten years to indicate he was a good choice as manager given QPRs challenges. I have backed a lot of decision the board has made the last couple of years and I actually felt we were heading in the right direction, but this McClaren appointment is the most bizarre decision we have taken over the years - it is right up there with the stupid signings of costly players some years ago.

It isn't McClaren fault. He isn't better. I don't want to have a dig at him. He was desperately looking for a job and someone gave him a way back into football management than he was dreaming of. I don't think the club has been hiding the financial constraints either - Hoos comes across as a very honest and good guy and I cannot think he hasn't been transparent. It is simply a football decision QPR got absolutely desperately wrong, despite all the applause from a section of the fans.

The responsibility lies with Les and the board, that failed to analyze the qualities we should be looking for in a manager. Holloway did well and there was no reason to sack him. However, if ambitions were higher than a manager of Holloway's caliber, we should look at someone who has demonstrated he can get a lot out of a situation with limited resources and play a brand of football suited to what we have. Take Lagerbäck as an example, the coach that took Iceland, a country with 300.000 people, to major championships. Now he has taken over Norway, a team with equally limited players as Iceland, and now he has four wins in a row against better footballing nation. The football isn't pretty to the eye, but very effective, and his motivational skills are superb. That's the profile QPR should be looking for if we wanted to replace Holloway. We can give McClaren another ten matches to show what he can do, but we all know the end result.
                          I agree about Lagerback, but you can`t dismiss the fact that Olli in the end was forced to change formation and players.

QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Ollie in his prime maybe upper half Championship but not been that for years. Nobody would touch him at this level until Uncle got bowled over by his enthusiasm. I doubt anyone will touch him again. Was absolutely dire for us until he was forced into making changes and effectively someone else was managing him.

Not convinced by Mac appointment. My hope was he would be a good fit for a club with DoF set up. First three games poor. If he starts doing Ollie six game losing runs needs to go in my view.

Comment

https://www.football.london/queens-p...-brom-15046853

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Just read a article where Holloway questions whether McClaren knew the full strength of the situation. McClaren looks lost but you have to feel for him as clearly he has not been told exactly where we are as a club. Even the loan situation is turning into a farce as yesterday highlighted how woeful we are.
                                I have also read that article. Scary reading..and , I think Olli is spot on with his assumption sadly
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X