No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three games way too early. Another three defeats would do it for me. Don't get the Ollie comments. If mac did go why replace one carp manager with another?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Three games way too early. Another three defeats would do it for me. Don't get the Ollie comments. If mac did go why replace one carp manager with another?
      Infortunately there’s a group of Qpr fans (quite a few) that believe that we need to be managed and run by ex qpr players because they can “bring our rangers back” and know what being at qpr is. Therefore, you will always have these pro Holloway commments after games because this group has not got over his sacking.

Comment

Behave your self Jim it's about what's happening at their club and they have every right complain after that sort of debacle , Jim it's simple McLaren can't do anything with this squad of players
        who could ?? Go on Jim say we will turn things around IF GET SOME LOAN PLAYERS but we've already plssed 9 points up the wall with a terrible goal difference , not saying S MC should go but this proves Holloway sacking wasn't down to points or football , some say Les is the only one with football knowledge on the board well it's about time he started useing any footballing knowledge he might have

Comment

Ollie was a carp manager, ridiculous formations, poor selections and erratic behaviour. Just because mac has had a carp start doesn't validate Holloway. Maybe they are vith notvery good.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Behave your self Jim it's about what's happening at their club and they have every right complain after that sort of debacle , Jim it's simple McLaren can't do anything with this squad of players
            who could ?? Go on Jim say we will turn things around IF GET SOME LOAN PLAYERS but we've already plssed 9 points up the wall with a terrible goal difference , not saying S MC should go but this proves Holloway sacking wasn't down to points or football , some say Les is the only one with football knowledge on the board well it's about time he started useing any footballing knowledge he might have
            I don’t disagree with any of that but don’t agree with all this Holloway would do better and we should get Holloway back.

Comment

Said it at the time that I felt it was a stupid moment to get rid of Ollie and gamble on McLaren and obviously seen nothing to change my mind.

Wasn't Ollie's biggest fan at times during his second stint but at least he had an average team scrapping for points. McLaren now has the same team minus three of it's better players and is attempting a style of football most of them will never be good enough for.

No help in the transfer market so why not keep on a manager that is used to those circumstances in Ollie rather than expecting McLaren to 'take the club forward'. If you're in a fight then you need a manager that has a fighting mentality.

To me the board got it all wrong, again.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I don’t disagree with any of that but don’t agree with all this Holloway would do better and we should get Holloway back.
                No Jim we shouldnt bring Holloway back as manager would he have done better that's debatable and hyaphetical me I think Holloway would have achieved a minimum of 2 points from the first 2 games just a worthless opinion that has no relivance

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

No Jim we shouldnt bring Holloway back as manager would he have done better that's debatable and hyaphetical me I think Holloway would have achieved a minimum of 2 points from the first 2 games just a worthless opinion that has no relivance
                  Things are not looking good but we’ve had 3 league games. Holloway lost 6 in a row at the beginning and that was with a better squad. We need to see how we are after 10 games. Days like yesterday make it difficult to look that far ahead though.

Comment

Ollie had Smithies, Ned and Robinson at his disposal and in all fairness if McClaren had them three I think results might of been different.

The Ollie sacking was weird considering the clubs current predicament and in my opinion Ollie is a better fit for this team with the restrictions we have at the club.

Ollie done a very good job last year and I don’t really get the amount of stick he gets.

Comment

SM has had zero backing from the board. Indeed the squad he's inherited is far weaker than last season's. Obviously he cannot be blamed for any of that, and how vital would such factors be to ANY incoming championship manager?

You need to treat the root cause of the problems, not the symptoms. Sacking SM would only be the latter, so would effectively be pointless, short-sighted and impetuous.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Ollie had Smithies, Ned and Robinson at his disposal and in all fairness if McClaren had them three I think results might of been different.

The Ollie sacking was weird considering the clubs current predicament and in my opinion Ollie is a better fit for this team with the restrictions we have at the club.

Ollie done a very good job last year and I don’t really get the amount of stick he gets.
                        You deserve stick for putting this subject on the forum after 3 games & starts everyone off, complete ******

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

You deserve stick for putting this subject on the forum after 3 games & starts everyone off, complete ******
                          Not really, when the clubs an absolute mess lost three games on the bounce and just shipped in 7 goals, marking our worst ever start to a season then it’s a reasonable questions to ask. Not just QPR fans thinking it but media agencies such as sky, talk sport are all saying should he go or is he already in danger of being sacked.

Pundits, ex footballers are all saying what an odd appointment and this is set up to end in disaster. So as a fan why can’t I ask the question?

McClaren has consistently diasapointed in his last few roles as a manager and they have all ended in disaster. Is that what you want for QPR?

Are you the type who likes to put your head in the sand and think time is a magical healer? Why waste another 2 months on a manger who thinks our back four a capable of knocking the ball arond the back like we are Man City.

The board are a joke, and the appointment of McClaren was another typical poor decision. I’m calling it as I see it and couldn’t give a F*** if your put our by it.

Comment

West Brom are strong and are probably going to beat most teams at home this season (granted not by scoring 7 - our capitulation was disgraceful). What it has done is given the whole club a big wake up call - it's now crystal clear we need to pull our socks up sharpish. The players need to give 100% effort and focus on the pitch as a bare minimum, they will quite rightly be under intense scrutiny from the fans over these nect to games - I hope they've got the minerals and pride to give us something to be prooud of.
                            Apparently there's a lot of work going on to get decent loan rangers in, sooner rather than later please. I don't know how much we are allowed to spend on loan signings but we need to spend every available penny on getting the best we can.

Also, our first 2 games were narrow defeats so I don't think all is lost. I say we stick with SM for a couple of months initially, see how the players react to that defeat and what he can do once the loan players are at his disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Ollie was a carp manager, ridiculous formations, poor selections and erratic behaviour. Just because mac has had a carp start doesn't validate Holloway. Maybe they are vith notvery good.
                              Keep it in proportion Foxy he did very well from January onwards

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post
                                West Brom are strong and are probably going to beat most teams at home this season (granted not by scoring 7 - our capitulation was disgraceful). What it has done is given the whole club a big wake up call - it's now crystal clear we need to pull our socks up sharpish. The players need to give 100% effort and focus on the pitch as a bare minimum, they will quite rightly be under intense scrutiny from the fans over these nect to games - I hope they've got the minerals and pride to give us something to be prooud of.
                                Apparently there's a lot of work going on to get decent loan rangers in, sooner rather than later please. I don't know how much we are allowed to spend on loan signings but we need to spend every available penny on getting the best we can.

Also, our first 2 games were narrow defeats so I don't think all is lost. I say we stick with SM for a couple of months initially, see how the players react to that defeat and what he can do once the loan players are at his disposal.
                                Yes Jim make you right I'm tipping them to go back up not because they tuned us up ! But because they finished very well last season when their manager took over , but Jim we also finished very well last season and our manager walked

Comment

Working...
                                X