No announcement yet.

Saudi supercup at HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a farking football game Swede get over yourself. The players are hardly the ones at the top of the crime chain are they. We've had these teams play at Rangers for years. So perhaps the board should put a block on any person from the muslim or islamic faith ever setting foot inside LR. Get a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      It's a farking football game Swede get over yourself. The players are hardly the ones at the top of the crime chain are they. We've had these teams play at Rangers for years. So perhaps the board should put a block on any person from the muslim or islamic faith ever setting foot inside LR. Get a grip.
      Well that would be blatant discrimination. Where do you draw the line? Rainbow,? anything anyone disagrees with. The stadium would be empty I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        It's football........ we're therefore allowed to play the "football family" card that transcends politics, terrorism, torture, bigotry, hatred blah blah blah. With those admission prices we should offer to host Saudi games every week and pay off our fine 9 years early.
        Or hold on to the cash. The income is the club's, not the owners. It boosts income, and increases the headroom for FFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

No, of course I wouldn't. But it's a moot point cos neither you, I, or Tony Fernandes was even born when Hitler was in charge of Germany. And I'll continue reject your point that there are any similarities between Nazi Germany and the current Saudi regime.

Serious question, have you even traveled to the Islamic world? Do you know anything about what makes a devout Muslim tick, and how they choose to live their lives?
          Ok, so money doesn’t always talk. That’s good. Money shouldn’t talk this time either, for the same reasons as we should say no to a (yes) hypotetical question from a short narcissist with a black moustache.

And yes...I have been in the Islamic world and there are millions of good people there, but now we are talking about the regime - and there is the problem.

Comment

No, of course I wouldn't. But it's a moot point cos neither you, I, or Tony Fernandes was even born when Hitler was in charge of Germany. And I'll continue reject your point that there are any similarities between Nazi Germany and the current Saudi regime.

Serious question, have you even traveled to the Islamic world? Do you know anything about what makes a devout Muslim tick, and how they choose to live their lives?
            https://ahtribune.com/politics/2022-...sm-nazism.html

Comment

Ironic that an American publication is talking about another regime being evil and tyrannical, don't you think?!!

Comment

Ironic that an American publication is talking about another regime being evil and tyrannical, don't you think?!!
                If you read the article you can see what they say about the US gov. Herald Tribune is independent.

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-yo...l?guccounter=1

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    We have, as you say, invited teams - and visited teams - from the a whole array of countries with questionable leaders stretching from the USSR, China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and we always will.

The difference is that when we played Al Ahly, for example, people went to the pub before the match, had a laugh, moaned about their wife/job and then went to the match. There were no protests, there was no 'should we be playing them?' and the only reason anyone stayed at home was because it was during the holidays or a 'pointless friendly'.

Social media has a lot to answer for.

Comment

If Sheikh El Money bought the club and stuffed a squillion in the bank would you all stop coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        If Sheikh El Money bought the club and stuffed a squillion in the bank would you all stop coming?
                        He'd still be hampered by FFP.

Comment

My comment was more about the principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            My comment was more about the principle.
                            I know, mine was about reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

He'd still be hampered by FFP.
                              Not unless he factored in FFP fines as cost of doing business.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

The Saudis is a member of the UN (and by that commited to uphold human rights standards) = they have said ok to the standards of the UN, so the subjective and cultural aspects are not valid.
                                Plenty of UN members - even members of the security council - have human rights problems. Everyone still conforms to their core cultural and political beliefs, unfortunately. Being a member of the UN is no guarantee of moral probity.

And the UK and USA - both full security council members - have a long history of arming Saudi Arabia.

Are you as upset with them as you are with the Saudis?

Comment

Working...
                                X