Saudi supercup at HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swede View Post

Remember, this thread is not about you and your ”experiences” with farm animals.
    Come on, I don't know who told you but all Sheffield women look the same!!

Comment

This thread slipped from the top. Just keep an eye out.

Comment

Tut tut!

Comment

We sent this thread to the club and they have now reduced the cost of the tickets.
          Now everybody is happy
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

This regime is now letting women drive, that`s good. But it is a huge problem that they don`t have any jobs to drive to.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              This regime is now letting women drive, that`s good. But it is a huge problem that they don`t have any jobs to drive to.
              Yeah, that's nonsense. Women have been working in Saudi for years now!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Yeah, that's nonsense. Women have been working in Saudi for years now!
                They dont have many job opportunites.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

They dont have many job opportunites.
                  Bear in mind I recruit in the Middle East for a living Shania!

It's not an equal playing field in the workplace yet, but employment opportunities for women have come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 or 4 years!

Comment

It's not an equal playing field in the workplace yet, but employment opportunities for women have come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 or 4 years!
                    That could very well be true, Tarbie! Retail businesses is where most women have worked in so far, But these days, quite many young women with education from abroad (Britain i.e.) are now coming back to seek jobs in more progressive fields. I think equal job oppurtunities for men and women is step one away from the their dark history which include Wahabism at it`s worst. It could be that Im a tad naive here, but anyway.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Well....

”Under Saudi Arabia’s repressive guardianship system, women and girls face systematic discrimination, both in law and in practice. Women are unable to travel, engage in paid work or higher education, or marry without the permission of a male guardian. In addition, Saudi Arabian women married to foreign nationals cannot pass on their nationality to their children, unlike Saudi Arabian men in a similar situation.”

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...s-must-follow/

Comment

Well....

”Under Saudi Arabia’s repressive guardianship system, women and girls face systematic discrimination, both in law and in practice. Women are unable to travel, engage in paid work or higher education, or marry without the permission of a male guardian. In addition, Saudi Arabian women married to foreign nationals cannot pass on their nationality to their children, unlike Saudi Arabian men in a similar situation.”

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...s-must-follow/
                        Just proves you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet Swede. Have a look on LinkedIn and you'll see many thousands of women in professional jobs in Saudi.

The lady whose website I've linked below is a friend of mine. She's been a Director in IBM Saudi and has been championing jobs for Saudi women for years now.

http://www.summernasief.com/

Have a read mate, find out what's actually going on rather than just spouting hot air and disapproval.
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 04-08-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Just proves you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet Swede. Have a look on LinkedIn and you'll see many thousands of women in professional jobs in Saudi.

The lady whose website I've linked below is a friend of mine. She's been a Director in IBM Saudi and has been championing jobs for Saudi women for years now.

http://www.summernasief.com/

Have a read mate, find out what's actually going on rather than just spouting hot air and disapproval.
                          So you think a website made by herself (and her guardians?) is more reliable than a site from Amnesty.........

Comment

So you think a website made by herself (and her guardians?) is more reliable than a site from Amnesty.........
                            No, I think the fact that I know her personally, and the fact I've been doing business in Saudi for 10 years means I probably know what I'm talking about!

Comment

No, I think the fact that I know her personally, and the fact I've been doing business in Saudi for 10 years means I probably know what I'm talking about!
                              Are Human Rights Watch and Amnesty doing fake news?

Comment

Are Human Rights Watch and Amnesty doing fake news?
                                If they are saying categorically that there are not career opportunities for women in Saudi Arabia in 2018 then yes, they absolutely are mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X