Now the transfer window is closed some facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    We have a wage cap, thats why its so hard to attract premiership players.

Bent was on premiership wages and has taken well over 50% pay cut to be here. he just wants to play football

Surely that's rubbish. The player is contracted to Birmingham so will be paid what his contract stipulates. We may contribute something towards his salary but there's no way Birmingham can cut his money.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
      Surely that's rubbish. The player is contracted to Birmingham so will be paid what his contract stipulates. We may contribute something towards his salary but there's no way Birmingham can cut his money.
      I make you correct good sir. Egham by the way thanks for that big summary of missed oppertunities, I've always wanted someone who was ITK to do something like that but they never do which made me lose a lot of faith and trust in them as it came across as if they just rambled total toss.

Comment

Thanks for the info - but why do the club not tell us this? Maybe they can't mention all of it, but surely something can be said

Ian

Comment

Goddard - wise words on Adel. And flounce is the neatest description of him I have ever heard. Ponce is another. Big girly flouncy ponce.

Comment

egham
            great post
            Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

good post egham thanks for that- bit miffed about Kitson tbh. so close yet so far. he would have been a good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChelmsfordRs View Post
                Some guy I know became matey with an ex QPR player who ended up at Gillingham, he told him he was on £15k PW.

Bare in mind this player left before Flavio & Co came to town and Gillingham have f-all money, his story has the distinct whiff of BS.

If you were a footballer and a mate (or team mate) asked you how much you were earning would you tell the truth ? Some of these guys have such big egos that I suspect they BS quite a lot.
                Must be Foz who told you that about the Maldon Boy Mr S R????

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  He won't..

Just another Sousa admirer who went and watch all the games under him
                  Pete, stop it...

...you don't need to be a 'Sousa admirer' to note that his contract was terminated for disclosing 'sensitive information' and the stuff that's posted on here MUST come from senior staff in exactly the same way.

You can't sack (or terminate, whatever way Flabio wants to term it) ONE individual for doing something and turn a blind eye to others doing it. It rapidly becomes constructive dismissal, which means that the club will be liable to pay Mr Sousa (note the respect there...) compensation.

If the real reason was the dross on the pitch, then the board should have had to balls to sack him, not fabricate a pile of poo...

...now leave it, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                    Pete, stop it...

...you don't need to be a 'Sousa admirer' to note that his contract was terminated for disclosing 'sensitive information' and the stuff that's posted on here MUST come from senior staff in exactly the same way.

You can't sack (or terminate, whatever way Flabio wants to term it) ONE individual for doing something and turn a blind eye to others doing it. It rapidly becomes constructive dismissal, which means that the club will be liable to pay Mr Sousa (note the respect there...) compensation.

If the real reason was the dross on the pitch, then the board should have had to balls to sack him, not fabricate a pile of poo...

...now leave it, eh?

I just think its unbelievably ironic that the people/persons who campagined so vehemently to remove Sousa, are in fact providing such a clear cut defence for his unfair dismissal.

In my experience, if this case is heard outside of an Industrial Tribunal and in a normal court, threads like this can only help Sousa gain even more financial compensation than he could of ever expected.

I do not blame anybody posting these threads. The club must beware of the confidential information seeping from its highest officials and fully endorse it as their way of communicating with the fanbase, or they would of stopped it by now.

What is even more amazing, is at a time when the club is supposed to be cost cutting, it allows these potentially financially damaging situations to continue. Surely any spare funds could be spent on players etc?

One last thing on the disscusion of players contracts and personal details on this and other forums. There is nothing that upsets and angers them more, and the players I have spoken to would rather you turned up and booed them, than sit online talking total rubbish about their personnal financial and contractual details.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                      Are you saying that we wanted him out, and Spurs basically dug their heels in and said "No thanks, you keep him" ?

I don't blame Tottenham for that, especially as they are lining up an acadamy boss... Paul Hart, hardly sensible to have those two at the same club, is it?
                      And all he's done is write Spurs off and keep mentioning how he wants to go to Spain next year.

I don't need to be told how talented he is, the bloke has ability coming out of his ears, I know that.... but I wish he'd take his nutmegs, hissy fits and poxy attitude, pack his bags and flounce off to Malaga or somewhere on the first flight.
                      The bloke is pure trouble, and not worth it. Give me Lee Cook, or a younger Gareth Ainsworth over him anyday of the week. Worth 10 of him.

Bench him Mick... and if he doesn't like it, invite him for a little chat in the nearest car park.
                      Talented no doubt - Aer Lingus Gatwick to Malaga online price £0, just taxes - I'll pay

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                        Are you saying that we wanted him out, and Spurs basically dug their heels in and said "No thanks, you keep him" ?

I don't blame Tottenham for that, especially as they are lining up an acadamy boss... Paul Hart, hardly sensible to have those two at the same club, is it?
                        And all he's done is write Spurs off and keep mentioning how he wants to go to Spain next year.

I don't need to be told how talented he is, the bloke has ability coming out of his ears, I know that.... but I wish he'd take his nutmegs, hissy fits and poxy attitude, pack his bags and flounce off to Malaga or somewhere on the first flight.
                        The bloke is pure trouble, and not worth it. Give me Lee Cook, or a younger Gareth Ainsworth over him anyday of the week. Worth 10 of him.

Bench him Mick... and if he doesn't like it, invite him for a little chat in the nearest car park.
                        Now Cook is back, he is done at W12 and if Spurs do not want him back, it just underlines what a nasty piece of work he is, but there are still some (male posters) that would happily have his babies.

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                          I just think its unbelievably ironic that the people/persons who campagined so vehemently to remove Sousa, are in fact providing such a clear cut defence for his unfair dismissal.

In my experience, if this case is heard outside of an Industrial Tribunal and in a normal court, threads like this can only help Sousa gain even more financial compensation than he could of ever expected.

I do not blame anybody posting these threads. The club must beware of the confidential information seeping from its highest officials and fully endorse it as their way of communicating with the fanbase, or they would of stopped it by now.

What is even more amazing, is at a time when the club is supposed to be cost cutting, it allows these potentially financially damaging situations to continue. Surely any spare funds could be spent on players etc?

One last thing on the disscusion of players contracts and personal details on this and other forums. There is nothing that upsets and angers them more, and the players I have spoken to would rather you turned up and booed them, than sit online talking total rubbish about their personnal financial and contractual details.

I wonder why that might might be? It couldn't possibly be because the vast majority of them are ludicrously overpaid could it? If it was up to me, I would have every player's wages publicised so that the people who pay them, the fans, could see just how much money some of these wasters are ripping the Club off for. Might even generate a bit more effort from some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            Now Cook is back, he is done at W12 and if Spurs do not want him back, it just underlines what a nasty piece of work he is, but there are still some (male posters) that would happily have his babies.
                            He's a nice enough kid but Spurs have no interest in his progress here. Just looking to get shot to the highest bidder.

Comment

Nodge he is very arrogant, so I am not sure about that.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think Nodge may just have more of an insight on that one..
                                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                                X