No announcement yet.

Now the transfer window is closed some facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good read, but know a few people at spuds in there coaching/scouting setup and they have already given up on adel. spuds were alse told when they signed him he was a 'bad egg'

Comment

Good post and interesting reading.

I would guess that Vine is almost certainly earning more than £10k pw. He was supposed to be on more than £25K at Birmingham. I doubt very much he would have left them for QPR and taken a 66% pay cut. He would surely have had a pay rise in 2009 as part of his contract, so if he is on £10K now, he would have been earning less in 2008.

Don't forget, at the time of his signing, QPR were agreeing silly money to sign players like Agyemang and Hall on more than £10K pw, so why would Vine drop from around £25k to £9k.

I think Cook must also be on at least £10k (probably a bit more, seeing as he was on a good contract at Fulham). Although I think he is very likely to have been more than willing to take a big cut to rejoin QPR and kick start his career again.

Buzsaky couldn't have been earning very much at Plymouth. They don't pay that well and he was an unknown (at least in England), when he joined them. I guess he would have been tempted to join QPR with a 'double your money' offer, of around £8k pw, So with annual increases that would take him on around £10K now.

Same thing with Gorkss, I don't think he was earning much at Blackpool, so even doubling his salary is unlikely to take him on much more than £10K pw.

Not sure that Ramage was earning much at Newcastle as he was a squad player only.
      Last edited by stanistheman; 02-02-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamhoop View Post
        1. kitson, agreed deal with stoke but the player didnt bother to turn up.
        2. cousin deal agreed with hull and the players agent but were warned that if a permie came in from another club would favour that.
        3. priskin was all but in a hoops shirt last week only for keane to change his mind at the last minute.
        4.routledge was on his way to boro to have a medical with sean saiko coming the other way and 1.75m, but newcastle came in at the last minute with 2m plus 500k if they go up.
        5. now fitz aggy and routledge gone only one player at the club isnt inline with wage cap at the club(which the board would really do themselves a favour by explaining to the fans)
        6. reason quashie deal took so long was last time nigel was at the club is attitude was disgusting, and we had him for a couple of weeks to see if it had improved.
        7. voltz hasnt played football in a very long time been suffering with a broken peubic bone(ouch!!) so will need months to get match fit so give him time if he signs.
        8. clynes bid was rejected as wolves bid over a mill, but the player snubbed them and we still remain confident for a deal in the future as have a special relationship with his agent(base) .
        9. adel spurs asked us our feeling regarding asking to cut adels loan short if needed and would give us the option on other players, we agreed but people from spurs have watched adel recently and havnt seen any change from the player!
        now for all you idiots that want to #### people off on the messageboard who dare to post gossip...
        cant speak for everyone but i know everything i post im told is by the same source and am told in good faith so if you dont like it dont read it!!
        Are you feeling a little unhappy by chance? It's a hard life being ITK, but hey, someone has to do it.

Comment

Nice one. Liked the bit about the board. But is it any of our business?

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
            Dean Brill good pal of mine still close with vine from luton days...anyways told me his on around the 20k mark :waaaht::waaaht::horror:
            Some guy I know became matey with an ex QPR player who ended up at Gillingham, he told him he was on £15k PW.

Bare in mind this player left before Flavio & Co came to town and Gillingham have f-all money, his story has the distinct whiff of BS.

If you were a footballer and a mate (or team mate) asked you how much you were earning would you tell the truth ? Some of these guys have such big egos that I suspect they BS quite a lot.

Comment

Cheers Egham, a bit of honesty, just wish our board could do the same,
              Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

I'm sure this thread has just made Sousa at least an additional £50k, so well done all.

All this thread does is show us that dispite us signing two new players yesterday and ppl feeling a bit positive, we still have the most unprofessional and shambolicly run club in English football.

The information gratefully recieved from egham, and the detail on marcus bent from qbp, can only come from the top 3 or 4 officials at the club. If this thread is to be believed, this is now their favoured and only method of communication with the fans, and is fully endorsed by the club. I think we should have a sub-section of this board, so the ITK choosen few can send our questions and concerns back up the pipe to our leaders.

Sousa, get the champers ready

Comment

Good post.

Channel 4 news last night reported that £30 million changed hands in January as opposed to nearly £200 million last January.

£2.5 million for Routledge is a lot of money in this financial climate, we got nearly 10% of the entire money that changed hands across the UK for him,

Has financial reality set in Football?

Next, hopefully will be players wages.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Nice one Egham. A really interesting read. I recall FB raising wage cap as a topic in the close season but it didn't really get debated on here. Let's face it most people assume that the Boards wealth should be an automatic trigger to over paying on transfer fees and wages.
                    Yep, they got stuff wrong with contract lengths in the past and maybe with wages but who on here really knows how much people earn. Anyone chav enough to boast about their income doesn't get my trust anyway!
                    Out of interest, do you know if is true the Heaton deal fell down because he isn't tall enough!
                    That is one area I believe we have really lost out in and would love to see Rangers get a propoer keeper now Coton is on the staff!
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

agree bluehoop i think its the best thing they have done since they been here putting a wage cap.saves the club from getting into any trouble by offering silly money to players that shouldnt be earning it.as long as they have put a decent cap on it where we can attract decent championship players im happy.
                      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

9. adel spurs asked us our feeling regarding asking to cut adels loan short if needed and would give us the option on other players, we agreed but people from spurs have watched adel recently and havnt seen any change from the player!
                        Are you saying that we wanted him out, and Spurs basically dug their heels in and said "No thanks, you keep him" ?

I don't blame Tottenham for that, especially as they are lining up an acadamy boss... Paul Hart, hardly sensible to have those two at the same club, is it?
                        And all he's done is write Spurs off and keep mentioning how he wants to go to Spain next year.

I don't need to be told how talented he is, the bloke has ability coming out of his ears, I know that.... but I wish he'd take his nutmegs, hissy fits and poxy attitude, pack his bags and flounce off to Malaga or somewhere on the first flight.
                        The bloke is pure trouble, and not worth it. Give me Lee Cook, or a younger Gareth Ainsworth over him anyday of the week. Worth 10 of him.

Bench him Mick... and if he doesn't like it, invite him for a little chat in the nearest car park.
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

richmond
                          All day long fella!!!

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                            I'm sure this thread has just made Sousa at least an additional £50k, so well done all.

All this thread does is show us that dispite us signing two new players yesterday and ppl feeling a bit positive, we still have the most unprofessional and shambolicly run club in English football.

The information gratefully recieved from egham, and the detail on marcus bent from qbp, can only come from the top 3 or 4 officials at the club. If this thread is to be believed, this is now their favoured and only method of communication with the fans, and is fully endorsed by the club. I think we should have a sub-section of this board, so the ITK choosen few can send our questions and concerns back up the pipe to our leaders.

Sousa, get the champers ready

How come Sousa will get another £50k?

Comment

He won't..

Just another Sousa admirer who went and watch all the games under him
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Surely that's rubbish. The player is contracted to Birmingham so will be paid what his contract stipulates. We may contribute something towards his salary but there's no way Birmingham can cut his money.

Comment

Working...
                                X