Genuine debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine debate

So we're now about to appoint our 4th full time manager in 19 months.

On the assumption that Bernie, Flav and Amit know little about the ability, pedigree and history of potential football managers, they must be given guidance, advice and direction by someone else. My assumption is that they seek advice from Gianni?

How much exactly have these manager's cost us? I doubt we'll know the true figures, but I would imagine each would have some sort of signing on fee/golden hello, plus a healthy salary and protected employment rights? I imagine Dowie got compensation, Sousa is still fighting for his (plus associated legal costs) and it seems Magilton will be going the same way.

My question is this....are the Board giving Gianni the brief to find a specific type of manager (cheap/young/short term), or is there an open brief to just go out and find the best man we can get at any given time?

This really frustrates the hell out of me. With all the money spent on hiring and firing, plus the reputational damage to our club, in hindsight we'd have been better of just hiring a high calibre manager first off. This must have cost us a small fortune so far, and its still not getting better.

I dont know who we'll get in next, but what is the likelihood that it'll be someone genuinely capable of getting us promoted? Someone to inspire the fans, the players, our sponsors etc?

Isnt it about time we tried something different?

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

I have been debating this for the past months and have come up with only one answer.

They don't really give a ****

Comment

You are correct Clunge, we should try something different. Keep serving up the same type of manager with the same end result...sack
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

my view is that they must of been lucky making their fortunes because so far their buisiness sense has been crap.....too much money wasted trying to do things on the cheap........too many ego issues......and no balanced playing squad....makes you wonder who is really running the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post

On the assumption that Bernie, Flav and Amit know little about the ability, pedigree and history of potential football managers, they must be given guidance, advice and direction by someone else. My assumption is that they seek advice from Gianni?

How much exactly have these manager's cost us? I doubt we'll know the true figures, but I would imagine each would have some sort of signing on fee/golden hello, plus a healthy salary and protected employment rights? I imagine Dowie got compensation, Sousa is still fighting for his (plus associated legal costs) and it seems Magilton will be going the same way.

My question is this....are the Board giving Gianni the brief to find a specific type of manager (cheap/young/short term), or is there an open brief to just go out and find the best man we can get at any given time?

This really frustrates the hell out of me. With all the money spent on hiring and firing, plus the reputational damage to our club, in hindsight we'd have been better of just hiring a high calibre manager first off. This must have cost us a small fortune so far, and its still not getting better.

I dont know who we'll get in next, but what is the likelihood that it'll be someone genuinely capable of getting us promoted? Someone to inspire the fans, the players, our sponsors etc?

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
          very good post, but don't expect a reply from the ITK from this MB

Comment

Clunge

Started a similar thread earlier and totally agree with you and my point was taking into consideration the payout Dowie recieved, Sousa's pending court case (which he deserves to win) and Magilton probably lodging a similar claim against the club as Sousa has.....wouldn't it just been easier and more cost effective to just pay a top class manager £2/3 million a year to get the club promoted on a 2 year contract?

Comment

I think the problem lies as you say with the fella appointing the managers ...is it in his best interests to hire a Coppell, Curbs, Jewell or any half decent experienced British manager?

No, they would all want full control and therefore do the Director of Football out of a job ..so we are stuck with any desperate puppet that crawls out the woodwork and wants the job.

Then he'll spin it to the usual suspects (see the Pellicori signing) to tell the masses that it's not as bad as it seems!
              Last edited by eghamR; 15-12-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

;D;DCOMMON SENCE ALERT;D;D...........so

:anger:no chance

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
                  I think the problem lies as you say with the fella appointing the managers ...is it in his best interests to hire a Coppell, Curbs, Jewell or any half decent experienced British manager?

No, they would all want full control and therefore do the Director of Football out of a job ..so we are stuck with any desperate puppet that crawls out the woodwork and wants the job.

Then he'll spin it to the usual suspects (see the Pellicori signing) to tell the masses that it's not as bad as it seems!
                  you can be so cruel at times

but, you've got in in a nutshell, surely all these managers we keep appointing aren't crap!

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                    surely all these managers we keep appointing aren't crap!

I know that ...you know that ...but do the usual suspects? ...or have they been sucked in with the italian charm?

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                      you can be so cruel at times
                      But I'm usually right :boss:

Comment

I can't disagree with the good captain's analysis except to say that it is probably too late to get a really respected manager now because even a curbishley or a coppell will know that they will not be given control of transfer budgets or even team selection and will be out of a job in a few months. With each sacking we have actually got a worse manager rather than a better one. In this particular case if Magilton did headbutt a player then the board had v little choice but to get rid of him, but it is rather like the criminal who has to ask for 67 similar offences to be taken into account - hardly inspires confidence.

Comment

[QUOTE=eghamR;200044]I know that ...you know that ...but do the usual suspects? ...or have they been sucked in with the italian charm?[/QUOTE]

i prefer to call it.................bullsh!t

Comment

Got to admit I agree with the vast majority of what you say and something is definitely not right at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
                              Trouble with that theory is you would have thought someone of Flav's intelligence would have sussed this out by now ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X