Genuine debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Think a Vialli appointment would not get 100% backing for obvious reasons, would love Guillit, but his man management skills have been called into question, but the kind of name that would shake this place up.

As for the "normal" contenders, honestly would only have Coppell from that list. I know many like Curbishley, I don't. Hart has done very good things with youth set ups and was in my opinion doing well at Portsmouth considering the board sold all his players.

The problem we have is that Flavio is not a football man, he has the money yes, but F1 is his baby and he needs the man in the middle. Agreed some managers won't work under that kind of agreement, but we have to understand the set=up at the very highest level don't work solely on QPR 24/7 and you could not have someone like Curbishley going to Flavio it wouldn't work and I'm guessing trust has been installed between GP and Flavio. Thats not defending the man, just a realisation on the set-up of the club, with investment brings certain criteria and that in my view is where we are.

For how much longer?

Many clubs work with absent owners/major stakeholders but you need competent senior staff who are given full authority and are empowered to make the decisions.

Off the top of my head you have Randy Lerner at Villa, Glazer at United, Joe Lewis at Tottenham, Delia at Norwich, the Austrian fella at Saints, Fizsman at the Goons, the Bolton owner etc. who are more than happy to be major shareholders, working on the majority of their time on their other businesses but employ a competent CEO and management structure to do this for them.

FB is a autocrat who won't allow this. This is his failure - you can't expect football to work like F1.....

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      Including Ferguson there's no way we'd pay the wages of any of those and/or give them the transfer budgets that they'd want
      I dont believe burley and coppell would want "silly" wages. They already have a half decent squad so won't need to spend a great deal to strengthen.

They have also worked at similar clubs to ourselves and worked on similar budgets.

Therfore, I think you are defending what will turn out to be another poor appopintment

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
        I dont believe burley and coppell would want "silly" wages. They already have a half decent squad so won't need to spend a great deal to strengthen.

They have also worked at similar clubs to ourselves and worked on similar budgets.

Therfore, I think you are defending what will turn out to be another poor appopintment

I'm not defending it Terry
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I'll repeat... of course you wont find a manager that everyone will agree on, and Curbishley, Coppell might not want to work under this regime anyway... but that is just massively reducing our chances of success (and increased ££revenue), purely to maintain the positions of the current board, and their current jobs/roles.
          Whatever people may think of those blokes... that is just plain wrong.

But an appointment of Ferguson, Burley, Coppell, Keegan, Johnson etc... would be met with far more approval that Paul Hart, Mick Harford or Steve Cotterill would. Fact.

It seems to me that the club are being run with maintaining positions in the boardroom as their priority, rather than what's best for the football club, and it's prospects for success on the pitch.
          Not saying "get rid of GP", but maybe adjust his role to allow a better manager to work in the structure?

And on top of that, it's been proved so far to be a complete false economy.
          Get a better manager in, and trim the squad down... that would SAVE money.

All very odd, but not surprising.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

If Gianni is bringing in these players requested by the manager then what's wrong with that, I'm sure we'll get them much cheaper than what the manager would pay, however if he is buying without their knowledge than that's different.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Think a Vialli appointment would not get 100% backing for obvious reasons, would love Guillit, but his man management skills have been called into question, but the kind of name that would shake this place up.

As for the "normal" contenders, honestly would only have Coppell from that list. I know many like Curbishley, I don't. Hart has done very good things with youth set ups and was in my opinion doing well at Portsmouth considering the board sold all his players.

The problem we have is that Flavio is not a football man, he has the money yes, but F1 is his baby and he needs the man in the middle. Agreed some managers won't work under that kind of agreement, but we have to understand the set=up at the very highest level don't work solely on QPR 24/7 and you could not have someone like Curbishley going to Flavio it wouldn't work and I'm guessing trust has been installed between GP and Flavio. Thats not defending the man, just a realisation on the set-up of the club, with investment brings certain criteria and that in my view is where we are.
              Although i understand your view, I don't accept that there needs to be a "middle man". most clubs owners do not come from a sporting background and are certainly not "football men".

There should be no reason why someone like curbs could not approach Flavio. 100% trust need to be put into the manager, thats the only way we will stabalise and improve.

Surely now, With flavs massive ego taking a battering and after a series of unsuccessful managerial appointments, a string of underperforming loaness and permanent signings, Flavio must be questioning whether Gianni is actually up to the job??

I

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                I'm not defending it Terry

You are. You are saying that Paul Hart is the best appointment possible with the money we have to spend. Or am i wrong?

Comment

Although i understand your view, I don't accept that there needs to be a "middle man". most clubs owners do not come from a sporting background and are certainly not "football men".

There should be no reason why someone like curbs could not approach Flavio. 100% trust need to be put into the manager, thats the only way we will stabalise and improve.

Surely now, With flavs massive ego taking a battering and after a series of unsuccessful managerial appointments, a string of underperforming loaness and permanent signings, Flavio must be questioning whether Gianni is actually up to the job??

I
                  should be as obvious as a sledghammer in the mush...if all this investment is supposed to lead to the promised land....why **** about trying to get there?
                  :devil::devil:

Comment

You are. You are saying that Paul Hart is the best appointment possible with the money we have to spend. Or am i wrong?

Well, yes. But I'm not saying it as "he's the best we can get", i'm saying that "he's the best they're willing to get us"
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Must be if that's our budget.

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                        have you lost your "rose tinted glasses Paul"

some of us have been saying this for at least 3 years

hard to admit for some tho

No rose tinted glasses for me my friend as I only say it as I see it and how some are trying to bump up the anti Gianni witch hunt is staggering and I thought I had seen all the straws they have clutched in the past.

I know for a fact that the moaning few (who hardly if ever attend games if at all) allege via pm and private e-mails that I and others have received gold badges,free season tickets and various other incentives to support the position of Gianni Paladini and I can state hand on heart it is a load of ****** and I challenge anyone to publish the allegations in public using their full name.

I have been attending QPR game for forty years and seen countless Chairman and Board members come and go and the bottom line is they are only temporary guardians until the next lot breeze in promising the earth to us.

I don't have any particular problem at all with Gianni and actually find him a very decent guy but I will always want the best for QPR and if he is responsible in anyway for something that is harming or hindering the club then prove it to me and I will call for his head.

The problem is that so much crap has been written about him which is not true in particular by one compulsive obsessive so called fan who is intent on ignoring any positive news that I tend to focus on the good and positive side more and the bottom line is I am grateful to still be able to actually go and watch QPR play rather then an AFC QPR which some were openly advocating as a good option.

All I ask is that the ones who want Gianni out actually provide some hard facts and not insinuations about bungs from BASE etc or free Mercedes and training ground lock outs.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

No rose tinted glasses for me my friend as I only say it as I see it and how some are trying to bump up the anti Gianni witch hunt is staggering and I thought I had seen all the straws they have clutched in the past.

I know for a fact that the moaning few (who hardly if ever attend games if at all) allege via pm and private e-mails that I and others have received gold badges,free season tickets and various other incentives to support the position of Gianni Paladini and I can state hand on heart it is a load of ****** and I challenge anyone to publish the allegations in public using their full name.

I have been attending QPR game for forty years and seen countless Chairman and Board members come and go and the bottom line is they are only temporary guardians until the next lot breeze in promising the earth to us.

I don't have any particular problem at all with Gianni and actually find him a very decent guy but I will always want the best for QPR and if he is responsible in anyway for something that is harming or hindering the club then prove it to me and I will call for his head.
                          The problem is that so much crap has been written about him which is not true in particular by one compulsive obsessive so called fan who is intent on ignoring any positive news that I tend to focus on the good and positive side more and the bottom line is I am grateful to still be able to actually go and watch QPR play rather then an AFC QPR which some were openly advocating as a good option.

All I ask is that the ones who want Gianni out actually provide some hard facts and not insinuations about bungs from BASE etc or free Mercedes and training ground lock outs.
                          Does presiding over managerial merry go rounds and purchasing players over the head of the manager count and rejecting players on free transfers that the manager has identified as a requirement then bringing in substandard versions in identical positions for more money count? Or the Padula fiasco? Or even the court case?

Gianni is a nice guy, a very good cheerleader for the club BUT in his current position, he is not positively enhancing the club or bringing anything to the table. In my opinion, it's the reverse and preventing the club improving on and off the field. Again, IMO, GP is perfectly suited to an honoury presidential role or international relations.......not at the forefront of football operations.
                          Last edited by Nodge70; 16-12-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            If Gianni is bringing in these players requested by the manager then what's wrong with that, I'm sure we'll get them much cheaper than what the manager would pay, however if he is buying without their knowledge than that's different.
                            Did Magilton decide he wanted pellicori to come and trial with us or was he gianni's suggestion?

Comment

I actually don't think faurlin or Pellciori were MAGILTON's choices. One has worked and the other has turned out to be a shocker. I also never believe Pelicori was viewed as a replacement for Blackstock, a player i maintain to this day we should NOT have sold. Pellicori wasa risk, but when you've scored in the Italian league like Pellicori it could have worked, it hasn't. He won't be here much longer so not as if he is here for 3 years.

I do think and believe mMagilton wanted Willams and Reid though and again looks as if one will work, so whilst its easy to point the finger, not sure all clubs don;t have a couple of players that don't make the grade.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                                Does presiding over managerial merry go rounds and purchasing players over the head of the manager count and rejecting players on free transfers that the manager has identified as a requirement then bringing in substandard versions in identical positions for more money count? Or the Padula fiasco? Or even the court case?

Gianni is a nice guy, a very good cheerleader for the club BUT in his current position, he is not positively enhancing the club or bringing anything to the table. In my opinion, it's the reverse and preventing the club improving on and off the field. Again, IMO, GP is perfectly suited to an honoury presidential role or international relations.......not at the forefront of football operations.
                                I would get rid completely nodge. Whilst he has been at the club we have become a non proffesional and controversial laughing stock which gets worse every season

It needs to be addressed Immediately to try and restore the image of the club.

If its not too late that is

Comment

Working...
                                X