Genuine debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
    So we're now about to appoint our 4th full time manager in 19 months.

On the assumption that Bernie, Flav and Amit know little about the ability, pedigree and history of potential football managers, they must be given guidance, advice and direction by someone else. My assumption is that they seek advice from Gianni?

How much exactly have these manager's cost us? I doubt we'll know the true figures, but I would imagine each would have some sort of signing on fee/golden hello, plus a healthy salary and protected employment rights? I imagine Dowie got compensation, Sousa is still fighting for his (plus associated legal costs) and it seems Magilton will be going the same way.

My question is this....are the Board giving Gianni the brief to find a specific type of manager (cheap/young/short term), or is there an open brief to just go out and find the best man we can get at any given time?

This really frustrates the hell out of me. With all the money spent on hiring and firing, plus the reputational damage to our club, in hindsight we'd have been better of just hiring a high calibre manager first off. This must have cost us a small fortune so far, and its still not getting better.

I dont know who we'll get in next, but what is the likelihood that it'll be someone genuinely capable of getting us promoted? Someone to inspire the fans, the players, our sponsors etc?

Isnt it about time we tried something different?

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
    Great post Mr Clunge!

We all ask the same question why didn't they just get the right man in from the word go?

Why do they want to do things on the cheap when in actual fact it's costing us more?

Truth is they have they money and we don't, they must know something we don't, I wish we knew the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      Got to admit I agree with the vast majority of what you say and something is definitely not right at QPR.
      have you lost your "rose tinted glasses Paul"

some of us have been saying this for at least 3 years

hard to admit for some tho

Comment

What strikes me is that the men at The helm of our club are/were quite successfull in the F1. Flavio and Ecclestone, I mean. So accordingly, what is the real reason behind their "failure" or wrongdoings in the "footballbusiness"?:surrender::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
          What strikes me is that the men at The helm of our club are/were quite successfull in the F1. Flavio and Ecclestone, I mean. So accordingly, what is the real reason behind their "failure" or wrongdoings in the "footballbusiness"?:surrender::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:
          That's the answer we are all looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Truth is they have they money and we don't, they must know something we don't.
            Myu, has it occurred to you that maybe they just havent the faintest clue about how to run a CCC football club? See my post here: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=41327

Comment

and the person they have put their trust in, hasn't either, just a thought

sooner or later the penny will drop......................hard

Comment

Nice post and missed that one.

I think football is not on their top list, it's a place to get away and see where it takes them with little money, I don't know?

Comment

Really dont get it at all, buy a club invest a load of money spend a fortune hiring and sacking rubbish managers WHY???????
                  The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

I dont think the calibre/reputation of manager will effect the end result much whilst the current conditions remain at the club

we needed to strengthen the squad in certain areas and didnt do it (yet again) and there is still the sporting director in the middle, until these issues are resolved any manager will face the same problems probably with the same outcome.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Good post..I think its more lets see who is out of work (by definition they are not going to be the best candidates) and I suspect Flav will give the final say after interviewing the prespective managers, on who gets the job. It is getting frustrating and would imagine Gianni Paladini is responsible for drawing up a list and introduing them to the owner.

We are in the championship and led to believe with the appointment of Dowie the players were consulted and wanted him even though managers like mcClaren and Ince threw their hats into the ring. I would love to see an appointment that will blow us away, but whilst we are in the championship cannot see it happening. Sure Flavio took advice on Sousa from one International manager and decided to go for it. We could not forseee the lastest incident involving magilton, but my guess is that they were becoming disilluisioned anway (don't know for a fact). What we lack is patience and so many times offer a knee jerk reaction, when waiting a little bit longer would be far more sensible.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by GARO1967 View Post
                        Really dont get it at all, buy a club invest a load of money spend a fortune hiring and sacking rubbish managers WHY???????
                        It's a question I get asked at work, a lot.

I'd imagine that many Rangers fans are given the same question by friends who support other clubs, football fans in general?

It really is a puzzle that I haven't worked out yet - and I've tried.
                        Just doesn't make any sense at all, does it?
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Name me the biggest manager in the championship??

Would you say roy Keane??
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Name me the biggest manager in the championship??

Would you say roy Keane??
                            I'd say he's the biggest name, yes.
                            And for what it's worth, I think he'll get it right there... sooner than people think.

Most impressive CV?
                            I'd say Dave Jones and Billy Davies, when you look at their achievements over a few years in THIS division.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Neil Warnock
                              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Dave Jones has been at cardiff, how many years?? He has never got them promoted

Think we carried a poll on here about Billy davies and not many wanted him, but now he is doing well in the league// um.

The names you mention are championship managers and thats what we;ve had, just because we have rich owners, does not mean we could attract an well renowned manager, that comes in the Premiership.

Comes down to the fact, we don't give them long enough

Comment

Working...
                                X