No announcement yet.

Holloway post-match interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair play to Holloway. End of "issue".

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Not seen mate thanks for pointing this out. If he’s apologised fair enough line drawn in the sand and we move on and hopefully he engages brain before his mouth in future.

Will need to register and watch it does he come across genuine?
      Here's a full transcript mate. Imagine it in your finest Bristolian accent and decide for yourself

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3704306.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Wests, this was released at 4pm. Maybe you missed it? He said sorry:

Not a sincere apology to me, doesn't explain his stay away comment which for me turned it from a rant to being something personal. Loved Olly but lost respect for him since his return. His comments use to be mad but funny, now the pressure seems to get to him, all 3 Brentford games he has made very stupid after match comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Very genuine and had a special word for Pinkie and the support he has shown in these difficult times. Says he may well be family but his support has gone beyond the call of family duty. Funnily enough he finished by asking Pinkie to stop hiding in the hedge outside his house the whole time. It was frightening away the local song birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Not a sincere apology to me, doesn't explain his stay away comment which for me turned it from a rant to being something personal. Loved Olly but lost respect for him since his return. His comments use to be mad but funny, now the pressure seems to get to him, all 3 Brentford games he has made very stupid after match comments.
            I have to agree. But it is what it is. It might be explainable by his not being the most articulate of people. He has much to prove in the next couple of games. Perhaps he might start by dropping Forrest Gump, starting Smith and playing Wszolek as a winger in front of a RB for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Comes across as someone who realises he overstepped the mark by quite a margin and is doing quite a bit of backtracking. Is it a little condescending? Can't help but think it was forced upon him by the club, had to eat humble pie, and didn't like the taste of it.

Comment

• Watched it and for me it’s not genuine as keeps reinforcing his point that he’s right with what he came out with but will take it at face value

Comment

• Makes no odds about the apology as clearly his card has been marked over this and rightly so. Looks like a man that has lost the plot and that will eventually be his downfall.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If the comments were in heat of battle or post then will be very easy for him to apologise and say that. Simples.

He has the power to make this go away but is he prepared to eat humble pie???? If he’s not it confirms what his true opinion of fans is which is I don’t give a t oss based on last nights interview
                    Why is it westy, hes put up with loads disrespecting him and alot on here, fair play to him, hes fighting his corner really and he shouldnt have to! its like in our own support theres opposition like another side instead of all one!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I was disappointed with his comments last night however after sleeping on it, I think we should all just move on. He made those comments in the heat of battle, they pretty much interviewed him within a few breath's after the final whistle. No one can question that he cares and I think we shouldn't all be so delicate. His comments have caused a real mixed reaction but we don't need a divided fan base. Beat Preston and I think it backs up the harsh reflection in my eyes.
                      Some of the wisest words on here today.
                      He’s bonkers but he genuinely loves the club and he loves his players.
                      In the heat of the moment it’s easy to overstep the mark, I know I have more than once over the years when it comes to football.
                      Criticise him for lack of tactical nous but not for his passion.
                      Football without passion is, well, let’s face it, not proper football.

He’s apologised now so time to move on.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Why is it westy, hes put up with loads disrespecting him and alot on here, fair play to him, hes fighting his corner really and he shouldnt have to! its like in our own support theres opposition like another side instead of all one!
                        He should be fighting his corner pinks as he put himself in it through his mouth and his poor management same way JFH put himself in corner with show me the money.

I don’t think it’s genuine as it’s an apology with a BUT included as he’s still trying make his point but that’s just my perception. When my kids do something wrong and say sorry but throw a but in, in my book that’s not a meaningful apology from them. But as said will take at face value and more be on.

Ultimately his outburst could end up being advantageous as he’s put huge pressure on himself so he either really ups his game in results tactics and performance (we win) or things stay as they are and he’s out of a job (we win) so alls well that ends well. For the once the bumbling fools mouth might have proved useful

Comment

Gosh I really hope he reads us on here.....

Comment

disrespecting him
                            a manager has to earn respect, he has to prove himself up to the job. Forget the fans, his real problem will be loosing the respect of the players. If it can happen to Mourinho it can happen to Ollie.

Comment

• Changes nothing for me,damage limitation exercise for him, never engages his brain before spouting rubbish, passionate ? sure, as are most fans, sick of chest beating, poor tactics and bizarre formations.

Did not want Holloway and will still be glad when he departs, I will credit him for installing a fighting spirit, however at Forest that soon fizzled out.
                              He meant what he said, fine I respect that, I mean what I say, the sooner he jogs on a takes Bircham with him the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                a manager has to earn respect, he has to prove himself up to the job. Forget the fans, his real problem will be loosing the respect of the players. If it can happen to Mourinho it can happen to Ollie.
                                And has he done now? no and half that rant was for him and the players i would imagine!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X