Chery offski - now official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I do agree he's been disappointing this season mate. But there's no doubting his talent and am sure it'll be another Matty Phillips situation once he leaves.
    Apart from the fact Chery is nearly 29 whilst Phillips is still only 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
      Apart from the fact Chery is nearly 29 whilst Phillips is still only 25.
      That's precisely my point! At 28 he's now at his peak as a pro.

Comment

But with ever diminishing value as a result. Quality business by the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
          Think some under value our players, 4 mill seems about right in the current market. Like him or not, some of his goals have been among the few highlights over the last couple of seasons
          There's a lot of hyperbolic valuation here for some reason. Chery is definitely worth at least the 4mil we sold him for, Polter is worth more than people want to believe, as are most of our players.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Christ if he's at his peak now I'd have hated to see him when he was learning his trade. Poor free kicks, poor corners, hides in games and sulks around the pitch. He's not a team player and personally think we've been carrying him for too long. It was like playing with 10 men at times. Won't be sad to see him go at all and at 4 million plus it gives us a few quid to find a replacement who wants to be here and play for qpr. Phillips has gone onto better things in the premier league at least he had the ambition to move forward with his career. Tc is clearly motivated my the coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
              But with ever diminishing value as a result. Quality business by the club.
              Oh I'm certainly not arguing it's the wrong time to sell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                Christ if he's at his peak now I'd have hated to see him when he was learning his trade. Poor free kicks, poor corners, hides in games and sulks around the pitch. He's not a team player and personally think we've been carrying him for too long. It was like playing with 10 men at times. Won't be sad to see him go at all and at 4 million plus it gives us a few quid to find a replacement who wants to be here and play for qpr. Phillips has gone onto better things in the premier league at least he had the ambition to move forward with his career. Tc is clearly motivated my the coin.
                Does the exact opposite of that, he gets far too involved all over the pitch when he should just sit in the hole. He's not a team player? Yet he's played the most key passes per game of any championship player this season.

There are definite criticisms of his performances this season. But there should be little to no doubt that he's a good player who's running through a poor spell.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Chery, whom we should sell, never hides in games. Always shows for the ball. And, in our set up, gets way too much of it and little comes of it. Read an interview with him where it became clear, his having a very rough upbringing, that providing financially for his family was his primary objective, so it's unsurprising he's gone for the readies. Fair enough.

Comment

• Not sure he has been given a fair chance to shine this season. Him and Luongo should have been played together, IMO. Anyway, he now seems to be on his way to China.

It is what it is.. oh well, life goes on..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Chery, whom we should sell, never hides in games. Always shows for the ball. And, in our set up, gets way too much of it and little comes of it. Read an interview with him where it became clear, his having a very rough upbringing, that providing financially for his family was his primary objective, so it's unsurprising he's gone for the readies. Fair enough.
                      Holy cow, I actually agree with everything you've said 100%. His issue is dropping so deep to get the ball, he can't make as many cutting passes like the one he did for Polter in Ollie's first game in charge (if I'm not mistaken).

Comment

• He was worth keeping imo. Certainly good enough for us. Maybe he just didn't fit in Ollie's plans.

Can't say I'm that impressed with the fee considering we're selling him to a Chinese club. It's about market value.

Whether the move was right depends on who we replace him with.

Comment

• Clearly puts money above anything else does Chery.

Thought he wanted to crack it in the Prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                            He was worth keeping imo. Certainly good enough for us. Maybe he just didn't fit in Ollie's plans.

Can't say I'm that impressed with the fee considering we're selling him to a Chinese club. It's about market value.

Whether the move was right depends on who we replace him with.
                            Keep a player whos said he desperately wants to leave? That never works

Comment

• He was offered a new contract earlier in the season but refused because he wanted more money (wrong sort), not surprising he is moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Holy cow, I actually agree with everything you've said 100%. His issue is dropping so deep to get the ball, he can't make as many cutting passes like the one he did for Polter in Ollie's first game in charge (if I'm not mistaken).

Lolol the bloke cant even kick the ball properly in this spell hes having and his age playing on virtual bowling greens thats poor!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X