We wanted Warnock out, we got it.
    We wanted Hughes, we got it
    We wanted Hughes out, we got it.
    We wanted Redknapp, we got it.
    We wanted Redknapp gone, we got it.
    We wanted big names, we got them.
    We wanted Ramsay gone, we got it.
    We wanted younger players, we got them.
    We wanted a young up and coming manager, we got it.
    We wanted hasselbaink gone, we got it.
    We wanted heart and soul back, we got it through bringing back Ollie and bircham.

As a collective fan base we have virtually got everything we've been asking for and yet we are worse now than when briatore left who could not give a stuff about fans.

So, question is, with fans being so vocal and social media being such a big influence these days, are we proving that fans should never influence the club?
    I've been stewing over this original post for a while now and I don't think it's nearly as black and white are you make it out.

We wanted Briatore out......yes we did, and rightly so. The guy was a scumbag and a narcissist of the highest order. As useless as TF is as a chairman at least he isn't a horrible specimen of a man like Tango and Cash clearly are!

We wanted Warnock out.......not sure we did actually. I think most bought into the mindset that the club might be in a situation where they should be aiming higher but I don't think anyone I know was calling for Warnock's head.

We wanted Hughes....yes we did. Proper Premier League manager and a step up from Warnock. I stand by that too, doing a great job at Stoke right now. What we didn't ask for was for him to be given hundreds of millions of quid to chuck around without any due diligence. Hughes' failings were down to poor decisions higher up the food chain. It may not have been apparent then, but to me it is crystal clear now.

We wanted Hughes out.....yes we did. Doesn't matter what club you're at, you can't spend what he spent and deliver the results that he did. Something was clearly broken and these days, that means the manager had to go.

We wanted Redknapp....yes we did. Just 12 months earlier the whole country wanted him for England manager so who could blame us? For me though, I think it was clear pretty early he was only there for the cash. I said it play-off final day, win or lose it's time for a change and I stand by that. Fresh blood at that time was what was needed.

As for Ramsey, should never have been appointed. Should have hired Clement or someone similar and began a process of rebuilding.

As for player signings, yeah we wanted to see young players. Having seen the club spunk a couple hundred mil on aiding the retirement fund of the likes Bosingwa, Park, Cesar, Cisse etc of course we wanted to see younger players with a future. Nobody wanted a hiring process as stingy as what we got though.

I've said it a few times, imagine we'd had the 250m or so that Tony has spent spread over the last 5 seasons evenly. Imagine we'd only signed players that were properly scouted and had good future ahead of them. Imagine if we'd bought players when they were cheap and sold them when they were vaulable and started seeing some return on our investments.

Personally I liked the Hasselbaink appointment at the time and perhaps with the funds he needed to sign the players he wanted, the whole thing might have been a different story. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and when the fans turn on a manager like we did with JFH you don't leave the board much of an option. Hiring Ollie and Birch was a huge mistake though.

As for wanting "heart and soul back", yeah, maybe. I only know 1 guy that was happy with that appointment though and I told him to his face he was kidding himself. Awful appointment and only a fool could argue otherwise in my opinion.

Point I'm trying to make with this whole thread is regardless if the board listened to what the fans wanted and acted, the execution of it has been really very poor. And aside from that, I don't want the board to listen to the fans, half of them are halfwits. I want the board to be intelligent, successful human beings capable of making the right decisions 9 times out of 10. I'm sorry, but aside from Amit Bhatia, I don't know of anyone at board level at this club in the last 10 years fits that description!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 30-12-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      I've been stewing over this original post for a while now and I don't think it's nearly as black and white are you make it out.

We wanted Briatore out......yes we did, and rightly so. The guy was a scumbag and a narcissist of the highest order. As useless as TF is as a chairman at least he isn't a horrible specimen of a man like Tango and Cash clearly are!

We wanted Warnock out.......not sure we did actually. I think most bought into the mindset that the club might be in a situation where they should be aiming higher but I don't think anyone I know was calling for Warnock's head.

We wanted Hughes....yes we did. Proper Premier League manager and a step up from Warnock. I stand by that too, doing a great job at Stoke right now. What we didn't ask for was for him to be given hundreds of millions of quid to chuck around without any due diligence. Hughes' failings were down to poor decisions higher up the food chain. It may not have been apparent then, but to me it is crystal clear now.

We wanted Hughes out.....yes we did. Doesn't matter what club you're at, you can't spend what he spent and deliver the results that he did. Something was clearly broken and these days, that means the manager had to go.

We wanted Redknapp....yes we did. Just 12 months earlier the whole country wanted him for England manager so who could blame us? For me though, I think it was clear pretty early he was only there for the cash. I said it play-off final day, win or lose it's time for a change and I stand by that. Fresh blood at that time was what was needed.

As for Ramsey, should never have been appointed. Should have hired Clement or someone similar and began a process of rebuilding.

As for player signings, yeah we wanted to see young players. Having seen the club spunk a couple hundred mil on aiding the retirement fund of the likes Bosingwa, Park, Cesar, Cisse etc of course we wanted to see younger players with a future. Nobody wanted a hiring process as stingy as what we got though.

I've said it a few times, imagine we'd had the 250m or so that Tony has spent spread over the last 5 seasons evenly. Imagine we'd only signed players that were properly scouted and had good future ahead of them. Imagine if we'd bought players when they were cheap and sold them when they were vaulable and started seeing some return on our investments.

Personally I liked the Hasselbaink appointment at the time and perhaps with the funds he needed to sign the players he wanted, the whole thing might have been a different story. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and when the fans turn on a manager like we did with JFH you don't leave the board much of an option. Hiring Ollie and Birch was a huge mistake though.

As for wanting "heart and soul back", yeah, maybe. I only know 1 guy that was happy with that appointment though and I told him to his face he was kidding himself. Awful appointment and only a fool could argue otherwise in my opinion.

Point I'm trying to make with this whole thread is regardless if the board listened to what the fans wanted and acted, the execution of it has been really very poor. And aside from that, I don't want the board to listen to the fans, half of them are halfwits. I want the board to be intelligent, successful human beings capable of making the right decisions 9 times out of 10. I'm sorry, but aside from Amit Bhatia, I don't know of anyone at board level at this club in the last 10 years fits that description!
      need I add anymore

Comment

• I see Tony's venture into sports in that he thought it would be a good advertising vehicle for his airline. And it's cost him, F1 and now us. But he hasn't whinged or thrown the toys, apart from letting Caterham go, he said he's a stayer and investor, I believe him. A man of principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
          I see Tony's venture into sports in that he thought it would be a good advertising vehicle for his airline. And it's cost him, F1 and now us. But he hasn't whinged or thrown the toys, apart from letting Caterham go, he said he's a stayer and investor, I believe him. A man of principle.
          Effort and good will only gets you so far though mate!

Comment

• The sad thing is as Chairman he has learnt #### all since he took over!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              The sad thing is as Chairman he has learnt #### all since he took over!
              The thing is with TF for me, is that there is absolutely no denying he hasnt tried his hardest with qpr. And for that I really cant hate him as much as everyone else does. I know its soft in the head, but I cant.

What gets on my nerves is that after all this time, he's still trying to learn. I just want to shake the carnt, tell him to wise up, sort it out and crack on.............. But still cant hate him.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Nick. I do not hate the man just think he is a useless ####ing chairman who will never learn anything and he is the major reason we are in the #### we are in.

Comment

• Tony has to have a football man to rely on whether we like it not, we know it, he knows it. Who do you trust out there? Come on you wise guys, put your necks on the line and come up with the right man first time. No-one can speculate on why this or that manager turned us down, or what money or wages were available, it's secret.

Comment

• We do not need a dof but if you want a football man with him then why not Warnock who was with us in Nov 2015

Comment

• For me Roy Hodgeson comes across as a descent man who T F could trust and rely on and who knows the game from top to bottom

Comment

• Decent shout dogs and there will be others more qualifield than the current dof.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Nick. I do not hate the man just think he is a useless ####ing chairman who will never learn anything and he is the major reason we are in the #### we are in.
                          Fair enough 73. Just mental with all the managers we've had, how it all turns to poison just because of 1 man.... dont forget prior to Warnock single handedly saving the club, we were pretty much poison too.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            For me Roy Hodgeson comes across as a descent man who T F could trust and rely on and who knows the game from top to bottom
                            Said this way back and got shot down for my troubles.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Nick, Whatever you say about the previous owners and whether you like them or not they put their hands in their pockets for players that were good value and they also had a plan to get promotion. Right now what is the current chairman and dof plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                For me Roy Hodgeson comes across as a descent man who T F could trust and rely on and who knows the game from top to bottom
                                Fair shout, as a manager or dof?

Comment

Working...
                                X