Careful what you wish for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Lets be honest here. The best thing Amit did was to appoint a championship experienced manager in Neil Warnock. After that he just backed him, but with sound financial prudence. Essentially that is all a chairman ever needs to do. There was absolutely no need for a DoF when we won the league in 2011, and there's no need for one now. The more streamlined and simpler the better and AB and NW understood that.
    Absolutely this.

The Mittal family with their holding represent the only way of blocking TF, because no one is going to come charging over the hill in search of a buy out. Will they stick or twist? Given that the value of their holding is being disastrously compromised, I'm a little surprised they haven't either sold out or attempted a take over. Then again they can afford to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Absolutely this.

The Mittal family with their holding represent the only way of blocking TF, because no one is going to come charging over the hill in search of a buy out. Will they stick or twist? Given that the value of their holding is being disastrously compromised, I'm a little surprised they haven't either sold out or attempted a take over. Then again they can afford to do nothing.
      They have lost a lot of money over the last couple of years ( dropping steel price ) think they have bigger problems than risk losing more on us

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        They have lost a lot of money over the last couple of years ( dropping steel price ) think they have bigger problems than risk losing more on us
        yeah last i heard he down to his last like 16 billion
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Nas. Please explain what you by it paid off? Because right now I cannot see anything since he took that leads me to believe that his way has paid off. Maybe you can go deeper with the stats part?
          It paid off because we stayed up that season... something that wouldn't have happened under the prior regime... I'm talking purely regarding that season and that can be seen in the context of my post.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas, The worst thing that ever happened to us was to stay up as that is the summer that we launched our aeroplane's and we signed cesar, park and boswinga. Hindsight is a wonderful thing so relegation in 2012 with no huge earners or relegation in 2013 with 90k a week goalkeepers. What do you think is more relevant to our current situation now?The only thing they can be blamed for is selling to Fernandes but then those two are far too sharp for this clown.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Nas, The worst thing that ever happened to us was to stay up as that is the summer that we launched our aeroplane's and we signed cesar, park and boswinga. Hindsight is a wonderful thing so relegation in 2012 with no huge earners or relegation in 2013 with 90k a week goalkeepers. What do you think is more relevant to our current situation now?The only thing they can be blamed for is selling to Fernandes but then those two are far too sharp for this clown.
              You put good a good case forward there mate. Perhaps had we dropped the handbreak would have gone on earliar and we could have grown slowly instead of trying to force it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                You put good a good case forward there mate. Perhaps had we dropped the handbreak would have gone on earliar and we could have grown slowly instead of trying to force it
                Exactly. What was TF supposed to do? He's paid a fortune to get the club. We're in the Prem. T&C hold him to ransom till there's only 10 days left in the transfer window. Most clubs that go up, try their luck so as not to get caught with the big contracts. If you stay up, as like Bournemouth or drop first time like Burnley, you build slowly. No damage.

It would have taken a brave man to tell the fans, 'We're loaded, we've got millions, but we're not spending now'. Tony had the money to take the gamble so went for it. We were right behind him, Mark Hughes, the messiah, what can go wrong? We fans began to find out how big of a crook these managers were, him and Redcrapp. TF needed help with the footballing side of things, so now we have LF. Jury is still out on this. So now the fans, have no patience with anybody, maybe that's a reason why good managers don't want to come here, we'll drive them out. We need a DOF, TF needs one. Whether it's LF is another matter. Football is a very murky business, ask Sugar. Let's have constructive criticism, not bile. Ollie is right, don't boo my players. We fans are poison to them.

So for me, we made our bed with TF, we went along with it, it didn't work out and we see out the hard times together. Would you sack your wife for being conned?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  Exactly. What was TF supposed to do? He's paid a fortune to get the club. We're in the Prem. T&C hold him to ransom till there's only 10 days left in the transfer window. Most clubs that go up, try their luck so as not to get caught with the big contracts. If you stay up, as like Bournemouth or drop first time like Burnley, you build slowly. No damage.

It would have taken a brave man to tell the fans, 'We're loaded, we've got millions, but we're not spending now'. Tony had the money to take the gamble so went for it. We were right behind him, Mark Hughes, the messiah, what can go wrong? We fans began to find out how big of a crook these managers were, him and Redcrapp. TF needed help with the footballing side of things, so now we have LF. Jury is still out on this. So now the fans, have no patience with anybody, maybe that's a reason why good managers don't want to come here, we'll drive them out. We need a DOF, TF needs one. Whether it's LF is another matter. Football is a very murky business, ask Sugar. Let's have constructive criticism, not bile. Ollie is right, don't boo my players. We fans are poison to them.

So for me, we made our bed with TF, we went along with it, it didn't work out and we see out the hard times together. Would you sack your wife for being conned?
                  No, but I'd divorce her.

#alwaysthevictimitsneverhisfault

Comment

Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                      Wow
                      What part?

I'm trying to think of what's more delusional... questioning his failures and inability to run a football club or not questioning him at all, toeing the party line accepting it, whilst forking out £500 for a season ticket?

Comment

• The divorce bit! So it was nothing to do with us fans at all? I don't remember 'the take us down right now to save the club' protests when he took over.

Comment

The divorce bit! So it was nothing to do with us fans at all? I don't remember 'the take us down right now to save the club' protests when he took over.
                          I think we're on about two separate times here - my question is still valid though if you fancy answering it.

Comment

• Yes he's made mistakes like the rest of us, so have we as supporters. I take the long term view which I may not live to see. Stadium and training ground is more important to the clubs future even if run by a 'bumbler' as some want to believe.

I want him to stay, others don't. I see no Briatore style discontent from 12000 home supporters, only on here from just a few. I'm glad they don't run the club, give me Tony any day. So we can agree to disagree I suppose. They will still get my money. Tony's loyal, I'm loyal.

Comment

Stadium and training ground
                              If we carry on like this for much longer we'll need to downsize, never mind a new stadium.....

With TF so often the cart is put in front of the horse. Stability first, world domination a very distant second would be a good mantra. Unfortunately plans for the latter were being made far in advance of securing the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                I think Lakshmi Mittal's net worth is about a quarter of what it was at it's peak. It still sits at around $6bn though which is more than 10 times what TF is worth!

These Indian businessmen are shrewd though and won't throw their money around like some businessmen from the West might do. I'd very much doubt the Mittal's are thinking about a significant investment in QPR any time soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X