Careful what you wish for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Lets be honest here. The best thing Amit did was get a championship experienced manager in Neil Warnock. After that he just backed him, but with sound financial prudence. Essentially that is all a chairman ever needs to do. There was absolutely no need for a DoF when we won the league in 2011, and there's no need for one now. The more streamlined and simpler the better and AB and NW understood that.
    Can't disagree saw something might have been on the org about the size of the non playing staff directors coaches curtacey ect that far outweighed the players

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Adel on loan
      Morrison on loan
      Crouch on loan

Sorted
      Adel and Ravel one of the same

Comment

Lets be honest here. The best thing Amit did was to appoint a championship experienced manager in Neil Warnock. After that he just backed him, but with sound financial prudence. Essentially that is all a chairman ever needs to do. There was absolutely no need for a DoF when we won the league in 2011, and there's no need for one now. The more streamlined and simpler the better and AB and NW understood that.

Comment

Players the fans will pay to go and watch
          Creative and Goal scorers both available
          Cant watch games at present as it is so painful
          We need a quick fix

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Adel is the size of 2 Ravel's at this point.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Adel is the size of 2 Ravel's at this point.
              and at least twice the player

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                and at least twice the player
                Hmmmm maybe once upon a time, a long long long long time ago
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Hmmmm maybe once upon a time, a long long long long time ago
                  look back at that video of that championship winning season. Ravel could live to be 100 and he wouldn't have a touch like that.

Comment

look back at that video of that championship winning season. Ravel could live to be 100 and he wouldn't have a touch like that.
                    Although Ravels stats for games played compared to same amount as Adel are better hmmmmm

Comment

Let's get a time machine, go back to that time, tell adel that he'll ruin his career if he gains weight and bring him back to the present where he can save us then...
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Again - "a long long long long time ago"
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Because two bad eggs are exactly what are needed in a relegation dogfight

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
                            Because two bad eggs are exactly what are needed in a relegation dogfight
                            No but a bit of quality is.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                              All good businesses listen to their customers, however they rarely take their opinions on who they should appoint to management positions and whether they should sack them. Yes, listen on ticket prices, the poor state of the toilets in the Ellerslie, explain the rationale for decisions and talk about the debt, but for gods sake take professional advice on who to hire as manager and then stick by your decision. I don't think it's a case of Tony listening too much, I think it's a case of him being a weak owner dragged from one poor decision to another because he reads the message boards and that's the last thing you need.

Warnock didn't deserve to be sacked, that was a disgraceful decision, but having done that the board needed to be strong enough to stick with Hughes, he has shown before and after QPR that he's a highly competent manager. Then get influenced to put Harry in a position where he walked (another manager with an excellent track record), appoint a rookie manager and then sack him a year later (why would you think a rookie manager would provide instant results?), replace him with a man who suddenly looks a lot better than we thought he was and finally end up in this god awful mess. The irony is that Chris Ramsay's record in this division is almost certainly better than JFH's and it's not very difficult to be better than Ollie's.

I'm even feeling sorry for Ollie. He was hired after all to make the team play more entertaining football - well he's trying.....
                              Good post

Comment

Lets be honest here. The best thing Amit did was to appoint a championship experienced manager in Neil Warnock. After that he just backed him, but with sound financial prudence. Essentially that is all a chairman ever needs to do. There was absolutely no need for a DoF when we won the league in 2011, and there's no need for one now. The more streamlined and simpler the better and AB and NW understood that.
                                Exactly Stan

Comment

Working...
                                X