Take a bow, Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    None of our strikers get enough service, not just CW. We don't create enough, end of.
    I agree with that your spot on but when chances are created their wasteful include other outfield players in that too. For me Chance el Kayati missed first half he should of buried at this level

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I give up mate if you don't think the header was a easy chance. He missed the goal never even hit target. Think had one chance Huddersfield he put wide and last home game had two chances he screwed up
      Really don't think it was where he was. I certainly would have expected him to have got it on target, sure. I'm not fan boy, just giving the fella a break. Especially when compared to the non effort so many others put in. The Polish winger never broke sweat last night, but no one slates him. But by all means give up, if you want

So easy for the usual suspects (not you, West) to slate Washington, but endlessly praise the a rse aching, ball breaking, brain numbing unadultered s hit we've been watching under Jimmy.... And think his s hit tactics last night were spot on brilliant.

Comment

I think we all just need to settle here and realise we haven't got prem quality anymore and the Charlie Austin's about the place to finish the chances we've been treated to the last few seasons.

We've bought from League 1 to develop players and turn them into something. You aren't going to see Washington etc. finishing the chances Charlie Austin finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Really don't think it was where he was. I certainly would have expected him to have got it on target, sure. I'm not fan boy, just giving the fella a break. Especially when compared to the non effort so many others put in. The Polish winger never broke sweat last night, but no one slates him. But by all means give up, if you want

So easy for the usual suspects (not you, West) to slate Washington, but endlessly praise the a rse aching, ball breaking, brain numbing unadultered s hit we've been watching under Jimmy.... And think his s hit tactics last night were spot on brilliant.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

None of our strikers get enough service, not just CW. We don't create enough, end of.
            And yet Sylla and Polter have goals this season. You take the chances you have and if you don't you can't complain that you don't get opportunities. It's not about being at Austin levels of finishing, but it's about finishing what you have. His shots are straight at the keeper or wide. Not championship standard.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              And yet Sylla and Polter have goals this season. You take the chances you have and if you don't you can't complain that you don't get opportunities. It's not about being at Austin levels of finishing, but it's about finishing what you have. His shots are straight at the keeper or wide. Not championship standard.
              Yeah, do you know why Nasser? Because the only chances we do create are ones lumped into the box for a striker of 6 plus to get on the end of. He ain't got a hope of scoring with those tactics.
              'It's not about being at Austin levels of finishing, but it's about finishing what you have'' - Right, well you've clearly missed my point there...

'His shots are straight at the keeper or wide' Have you listened to yourself sometimes Nasser?
              He might not be Champ standard, as you say - But again, as I've said, we now buy players from lower leagues to develop them. CW is one of these...

He is not the finished article by any stretch and we did buy him as the finished article. We bought him to develop him.

Comment

Yeah, do you know why Nasser? Because the only chances we do create are ones lumped into the box for a striker of 6 plus to get on the end of. He ain't got a hope of scoring with those tactics.
                'It's not about being at Austin levels of finishing, but it's about finishing what you have'' - Right, well you've clearly missed my point there...

'His shots are straight at the keeper or wide' Have you listened to yourself sometimes Nasser?
                He might not be Champ standard, as you say - But again, as I've said, we now buy players from lower leagues to develop them. CW is one of these...

He is not the finished article by any stretch and we did buy him as the finished article. We bought him to develop him.
                When I say wide, I mean wide of the target, not of the keeper...

It's almost an impossibility to keep making the same points I've made about CW for the last 4 months over and over and over again, literally exactly the same points every time, giving explanation after explanation, proof after proof, only for the same people to keep saying "Oh but he deserves a chance" or "Oh but they don't play to his strengths". What's wrong with saying it hasn't worked out, looking to sell and buying someone more in tune with our style of play and with more ability and room for growth.

Comment

You're a muppet mate.

Comment

You're a muppet mate.
                    You're probably right, but I always loved muppets as a kid tbh.

Comment

When I say wide, I mean wide of the target, not of the keeper...

It's almost an impossibility to keep making the same points I've made about CW for the last 4 months over and over and over again, literally exactly the same points every time, giving explanation after explanation, proof after proof, only for the same people to keep saying "Oh but he deserves a chance" or "Oh but they don't play to his strengths". What's wrong with saying it hasn't worked out, looking to sell and buying someone more in tune with our style of play and with more ability and room for growth.
                      Well just stop making the same point then, accept that some people disagree and move on

Comment

What's wrong with saying it hasn't worked out, looking to sell and buying someone more in tune with our style of play and with more ability and room for growth.
                        Same could be said about El Khayati and the manager himself, could it not?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          V-show-ek. The wife is polish. W is a V and the l isn't actually an l but a letter not in our dictionary that's pronounced w.
                          Fair play bakes, I'm just glad I wasn't corrected and made myself look a bit of a muppet
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Same could be said about El Khayati and the manager himself, could it not?
                            I agree about El K, don't think he should play starting at all but at least he's effective at times off the bench. Dunno how the manager is the same though. He's in tune with the style of play because it's how he wants to play and he's got plenty of room for growth.

Comment

What style of play is he in tune with? Slow sidewards passing by players out of position?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                What style of play is he in tune with? Slow sidewards passing by players out of position?
                                Oh, he plays Cousins wide a few times and played perch there once with validation. If you think playing Onuoha at right back is playing him out of position, the idea of versatility is lost on you. Playing CW wide with roaming yesterday made sense, Nasser has said that he plays anywhere in the 3 behind the striker and going back to cousins, 2 years ago, when he was first named Charlton poty, he played 24 matches out wide and 23 in the middle. Versatile players exist, fluidity demands that there are players capable of taking multiple roles in a side. Not everyone has to, but when you have a skill set that suits multiple roles, you're taught from a young age to play in multiple roles. Hence why Barcelona have a history of youth players taking very random positions on the pitch (strikers play full back for example sometimes). It's to ensure that when they grow older, should they have the technical and physical ability of either a winger or a striker, they'll be able to play both roles because they've got the mentality to do so. That explains why Cousins is asked to take that role, that explains why Onuoha is asked to take that role, why Henry can play midfield and full back, why perch can play full back, centre back, winger or midfield and be competent in those roles based on what they're asked to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X