No announcement yet.

Take a bow, Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Validation for what? Cousins wide? Onuhua at right back is ok because he can cause less damage there.What are you on about Barcelona for when we are churning out shite and also have Henry in midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Validation for what? Cousins wide? Onuhua at right back is ok because he can cause less damage there.What are you on about Barcelona for when we are churning out shite and also have Henry in midfield.
      He explained why he played Perch winger against Newcastle when people complained he was out of position, that's the validation. Onuoha is better than people give him credit for but if I keep defending him, people have a hissy fit and you'd think I have a personal preference for him and a personal dislike of our other options. Cousins played as a wide midfielder primarily in his first POTY winning season at Charlton so people complaining that he's being played out of position isn't necessarily accurate, he's just playing in a different position. Now, how competent he's looked there, to be honest he's barely looked better in the middle than out wide.

I'm going on about Barcelona not in comparison to us, but as an explanation as to why players are taught at a young age to play in every position. Henry midfield isn't playing him out of position but we have better options and I do disagree with JFH's choice there.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        He explained why he played Perch winger against Newcastle when people complained he was out of position, that's the validation. Onuoha is better than people give him credit for but if I keep defending him, people have a hissy fit and you'd think I have a personal preference for him and a personal dislike of our other options. Cousins played as a wide midfielder primarily in his first POTY winning season at Charlton so people complaining that he's being played out of position isn't necessarily accurate, he's just playing in a different position. Now, how competent he's looked there, to be honest he's barely looked better in the middle than out wide.

I'm going on about Barcelona not in comparison to us, but as an explanation as to why players are taught at a young age to play in every position. Henry midfield isn't playing him out of position but we have better options and I do disagree with JFH's choice there.
        You make fair points but mate but u overcomplicate things unnecessarily sometimes. Football is a simple game played by morons. Play players in the positions they are most comfortable and competent in and the world and everything in it will be yours

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          You make fair points but mate but u overcomplicate things unnecessarily sometimes. Football is a simple game played by morons. Play players in the positions they are most comfortable and competent in and the world and everything in it will be yours
          I get what you mean and at times, I think it's the right outlook. But I've always found two ways of looking at things: 1) Simplify things till you don't need to think about it; 2) Think about things till you can't simplify them anymore. With that I mean, if you can cover as much ground as possible with what you think, there are fewer chances to get it wrong. I think both ways work and you get to see a lot by looking at things from both ways.

For example, as you say, play players in the positions they're most comfortable in can be true for some, but we wouldn't see Bale doing what he does if positions weren't tried out. There are so many players who benefit from analysis and there are so many who benefit from just going with the gut that I think neither side of the argument is wrong, but both see things in differently.

That's what I love about football, the discussion, the disagreements. Hell, even people who love the detail of it disagree, just as people who go with the less complicated ideas disagree with each other. But can you imagine if we came here every week and everyone said the same thing. I've been told by a few that I'm the reason that some of the vocal people from the past have left, because I tend not to agree with them. But I personally respect the people who stay and disagree with me here a lot more, at least they are principled in what they believe. And those disagreements fuel thought. So maybe it is a simple game played by morons, but we here show that it doesn't have to be watched by morons.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            Well just stop making the same point then, accept that some people disagree and move on

Comment

Fair points. I think you're guilty of over analyzing sometimes, but I like your opinion.

Think you're wrong about CW and also JFH tho ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                And some......

Comment

Fair points. I think you're guilty of over analyzing sometimes, but I like your opinion.

Think you're wrong about CW and also JFH tho ;)
                  And I have no issue with you thinking that mate haha, I like it in fact, it's important to get both sides of the coin. That's the point, that's why I make my point over and over again. There are people around this post who are saying that I should accept that people disagree and move on and stop making the point for my side. But the thing is, the other side of the discussion keeps making their point.

For example with Washington, every week there are new calls to give him a start for the same reason. Now I disagree with that personally, but if I don't say anything, you get new viewers to the site coming and seeing one post supporting him, and then more people who are vocal agreeing, and you get no balance.

A lot of people are influenced by the opinions of the loudest around them. With yesterday's match, there are plenty who view this site as a way of seeing fans' opinions of what happened. When they click on, they'll see a thread called "Take a bow, Conor Washington" and an op praising the work of CW. Fair enough, entitled to their opinion. I make a thread giving my opinion and call it "Review of QPR vs Sunderland" and give CW a 6, which just means he put in an average performance and didn't really add anything to the game.

That's how I felt. 4 posts in, you get two posts in a row about how I just dislike Conor and I'm wrong about him having an average game and how there has to be a scapegoat. So all of a sudden, what I saw at the game is invalid because some think that my opinion is skewed by a personal dislike of him.

Despite being one of the most positive people on here, I'm being called out for "making CW a scapegoat". I just don't get that. Someone coming onto the site and viewing that is gonna see two people calling me out and just assume I'm wrong because of the numbers in disagreement. So I do research and give detail and keep doing it because giving balanced views is very important on a forum.

Comment

Ha. Yeh I get what u mean, nothing wrong with differing viewpoints mate. opinions are like ########s, everyone's got one ;)

For the record I think CW can come good, not saying he will but I think he can and its far too early to throw him on the scrapheap. JFH I'm in the other camp, would love to see him come good but I just don't see it. I don't think he has it in him tbh.... But again, that's just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong, just what I think.

I'm a big fan of Sandro and I fight his corner cos I think he should be playing, plenty on here think the opposite and that's ok, doesn't mean I think they're right but that's their opinion. I'm also old and ugly enough to realize that because I like certain players sometimes things they do cloud my judgment, I understand this, and think u may also have to say the same about players u like/dislike, they cloud your judgement, in this case with CW whom u don't really like and NEK whom u do.

To err is human.

I hope that all made sense. I'm on my phone ;)

Comment

Ha. Yeh I get what u mean, nothing wrong with differing viewpoints mate. opinions are like ########s, everyone's got one ;)

For the record I think CW can come good, not saying he will but I think he can and its far too early to throw him on the scrapheap. JFH I'm in the other camp, would love to see him come good but I just don't see it. I don't think he has it in him tbh.... But again, that's just my opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong, just what I think.

I'm a big fan of Sandro and I fight his corner cos I think he should be playing, plenty on here think the opposite and that's ok, doesn't mean I think they're right but that's their opinion. I'm also old and ugly enough to realize that because I like certain players sometimes things they do cloud my judgment, I understand this, and think u may also have to say the same about players u like/dislike, they cloud your judgement, in this case with CW whom u don't really like and NEK whom u do.

To err is human.

I hope that all made sense. I'm on my phone ;)
                      Oh I think NEK shouldn't start for us ever. I think the same for him as I do for CW. NEK can be thrown on late and maybe have an impact, I want to see the same from CW. Ipswich last year springs to mind when you compare both of them. CW wasn't doing it, NEK came on and changed the game. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, he runs out of steam too early but he's shown that when he comes on as a sub, he can have an impact. For me, CW hasn't shown that he can have an impact as a starter or a sub. That's not to say that I think NEK is better than him, they're both pretty poor imo, but if I was gonna bring one on late in a game where we need a goal, NEK has logically earned that right over CW. CW should be used as a sub when we're comfortable in the lead. When we can afford to maybe throw him on and see if he can score a goal when he isn't under crazy pressure to do so. If he does that, then he moves up to the level of impact sub. After that, if he does have an impact in that role, he earns a starting spot. That's how I think it should be done.

We all want him to succeed but if we keep forcing him to and putting him under pressure to, we're literally giving him no chance. We'll have a game where we will dominate and go 2 goals up or so. Bring him on in the 65th minute or so, gives him 25 to show off with a confident team around him who can feed him guaranteed passes. If he performs, we work from that.

With Sandro, I get why people want him to play, but at the same time, I understand why he isn't playing. I don't agree with the method by which he isn't playing as I think the current order of starting for the "Defensive midfield role" should be Ariel, Sandro, Henry. At the start of the season it was Henry, Ariel, Sandro and I understood that. But now Henry moves down after the performances, I see Ariel as the fair starter. He came here under the pretence that Sandro would leave and as a result, should be above him by that logic. That's Jimmy's logic too from what I can gather.

Comment

I think NEK should be playing for the reserves and be brought back to the first team if he does well with them.

Comment

Nasser makes the same points every day, just in a differently worded 10 paragraphs that surely no-one can be a3sed to read.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Nasser makes the same points every day, just in a differently worded 10 paragraphs that surely no-one can be a3sed to read.
                            I am happy to carry on reading his posts if it is ok with you.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              I am happy to carry on reading his posts if it is ok with you.
                              You sure lad? Every one is like a farking novel.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                You sure lad? Every one is like a farking novel.
                                Every Forum needs a Statto

Comment

Working...
                                X