No announcement yet.

Take a bow, Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know CW needs development and work - We didn't buy him as a finished article. I'm with 77 on his views of Conor tonight, one of his better performances I thought. Always gives effort which is one thing we've asked for in recent years.

I thought he was very positive with his movement last night, made some great runs and picked the ball up in some great positions, driving at the defence, which is what we've all wanted to see from him.

I feel that JFH applied him much better last night, sticking him up off Sylla. It proved to me that he needs to play with someone to get that confidence up.

Much improved IMO - I personally think he will come good. Has a fantastic attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
      I must of saw a different game at Loftus Road tonight. Manages to run around a lot without being effective and should of at least got his header on target. Was a perfect delivery for him to at least make the keeper save it
      Agree totally everyone about me saying how poor we thought he was, couldn't score in a brothel, missed a sitter of an header,made quite a few wrong choices electing to shoot when could've played others in

Comment

Got to be honest, impressed with Washington last night. 1000% should have got that header on target at the very least.

Up against Denayer? Belgium International I think. Looked faster and stronger than him.

The thing that impresses me the most is that he is still willing to take a player on, still willing to shoot on sight. Would have thought his confidence would be completely gone by now but he's hanging on in there!
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          Got to be honest, impressed with Washington last night. 1000% should have got that header on target at the very least.

Up against Denayer? Belgium International I think. Looked faster and stronger than him.

The thing that impresses me the most is that he is still willing to take a player on, still willing to shoot on sight. Would have thought his confidence would be completely gone by now but he's hanging on in there!
          This. Gotta give him a shot with Cilla, either playing with him, off him, or, should clueless continue with his 4231, dropping wither left or right depending on who else is playing. Then we can see if he can make the step up.

Comment

Has he had four or five games on trot now??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Has he had four or five games on trot now??
              Only playing up by himself. He can't play there in the silly way we play 4231; way, way too deep, never playing early balls forward and through, always passing sidewards and backwards, or hoofing it up to him with his back to the goal. Don't get me wrong; he may never make the step up and he may be as pants as many think, but he deserves a shot after last night. Polter was completely anonymous when coming on.

Comment

Shodipo Chery Washington
                ----------Polter or Sylla-----------

Comment

But he's had chances in most those matches and squandered them

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    But he's had chances in most those matches and squandered them
                    Which chances? Far post header wasn't a sitter last night.

Comment

The guy gets no service at all to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        It was definitely an easy header if you place it to at least get on target.

22 seconds in, a striker has to get that on target.

He ran a lot but didn't actually accomplish much.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          I give up mate if you don't think the header was a easy chance. He missed the goal never even hit target. Think had one chance Huddersfield he put wide and last home game had two chances he screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            The guy gets no service at all to be fair
                            That's just not true, in fact, only Sylla and Nasser have had fewer minutes between their shots in the league this season for us. Conor gets chances and doesn't take them. And for a striker, all the work you do outside the box is useless if that ball doesn't end up in the back of the net.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Conor gets chances and doesn't take them. And for a striker, all the work you do outside the box is useless if that ball doesn't end up in the back of the net.
                              100% spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                That's just not true, in fact, only Sylla and Nasser have had fewer minutes between their shots in the league this season for us. Conor gets chances and doesn't take them. And for a striker, all the work you do outside the box is useless if that ball doesn't end up in the back of the net.
                                None of our strikers get enough service, not just CW. We don't create enough, end of.

Comment

Working...
                                X