Austin Coming Home ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Austin was our original pressing striker so I don't know where that idea's come from... Give him a few months to get his fitness, playing off the bench while he does extra sessions in training, letting Polter run wild for that time... then unleash him.
    One of those rare occasions where I'm gonna have to agree with you Nas!

Comment

Austin was our original pressing striker so I don't know where that idea's come from... Give him a few months to get his fitness, playing off the bench while he does extra sessions in training, letting Polter run wild for that time... then unleash him.
      That was when he was fit, he hasn't been fully healthy for over a year now. And it wasnt any serious injury , it's all been.little niggles and stuff that have been keeping him out. F when he comes back I can't see him putting his body on the line in the same way as Polter does, firstly because he will be worried of getting injured again and secondly he will see it as a step down. Like someone else said it was clear he wanted to be elsewhere as did Phillips last season, Fer too and that shows to everyone, fans, his teammates. As we have seen in first two.games, football isn't all about ability it is about effort in training and working your #### off on match day. Polter does both, to.improve overall in training and I don't think he could.give anymore during the match. Austin certainly doesn't do the first one, reminds me.of the sturridge scenario where it is like you have to play sometimes even with niggles. Look at Hill last year, forget the games but he played with a groin injury.

Comment

Give him or any other a few months to get fit ! My @rse our season is underway no room for any passengers for a few months everybody pays their way with effort

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Give him or any other a few months to get fit ! My @rse our season is underway no room for any passengers for a few months everybody pays their way with effort
          It's not about making him a passenger, but give him a while to get the same training that we gave everyone else, same as we're doing with CW, give him the occasional appearance off the bench, in cups alongside CW, then unleash him as the regular if Polter burns out... Imagine the look on a managers face when they hear Polter's been rested only to find out he's been replaced by CA...
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It's not about making him a passenger, but give him a while to get the same training that we gave everyone else, same as we're doing with CW, give him the occasional appearance off the bench, in cups alongside CW, then unleash him as the regular if Polter burns out... Imagine the look on a managers face when they hear Polter's been rested only to find out he's been replaced by CA...
            Because Austin would go out on loan to be on the bench in the Championship....

Think everyone should stop this nonsense about Austin "coming home"

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              That was when he was fit, he hasn't been fully healthy for over a year now. And it wasnt any serious injury , it's all been.little niggles and stuff that have been keeping him out. F when he comes back I can't see him putting his body on the line in the same way as Polter does, firstly because he will be worried of getting injured again and secondly he will see it as a step down. Like someone else said it was clear he wanted to be elsewhere as did Phillips last season, Fer too and that shows to everyone, fans, his teammates. As we have seen in first two.games, football isn't all about ability it is about effort in training and working your #### off on match day. Polter does both, to.improve overall in training and I don't think he could.give anymore during the match. Austin certainly doesn't do the first one, reminds me.of the sturridge scenario where it is like you have to play sometimes even with niggles. Look at Hill last year, forget the games but he played with a groin injury.
              I still recall a supposedly disinterested Austin scoring every 114 minutes in the championship last season... I also recall that when he played well, Chery played even better (Rotherham comes to mind)... my point anyway is that I reckon he'd still do a fantastic job for sure.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Because Austin would go out on loan to be on the bench in the Championship....
                He knows himself he wouldn't be able to play regularly with our style without proper conditioning.

Comment

This just isn't going to happen is it? Sure, we would like Chas back but ffs he will play in the Prem for any half decent side who fancies him and let's be honest there will be a few of those.

Comment

He knows himself he wouldn't be able to play regularly with our style without proper conditioning.
                    Or if Polter doesn't burn out (as per your post)

Comment

You make it sound like we're Barcelona and he's desperate to come.

Comment

I don't want him back here to get fit as I said our season is underway , only fit players wanted for the 1st team squad , any personal that doesn't fit that criteria that come has to be for the future

Comment

I'd rather he came back because he wanted to, not to get him fit for Southampton. But it's not gonna happen anyway.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            You make it sound like we're Barcelona and he's desperate to come.
                            This is if he were to come here lol, not that he will... to be honest, it's a bit of fantasy booking I suppose but if it does happen, I can't imagine too many people criticising it like they are now.

Comment

Thats that then, Charlie tweeted he's staying, in not so many words.

Comment

Hes totally quashed the silly made up rumour on his facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X