Austin Coming Home ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Reckon Palace would be in for him. Would be perfect for them.
    Am sure I read he has just moved house, so I can't see him moving back London
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
      Not considered an option under new management at Southampton and when interviewed by dave McIntyre on Sunday Charlie said he had an offer from Everton ( not sure I believe that) but his words where I want to go home, so make of that what you will. Claims his family is settled down south therefore wouldn't move up North.

Can definitely see him returning this window
      Sorry but where did David Mc Interview Charlie? And how do you know this?

Interesting statements to say the least.....

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
        Not considered an option under new management at Southampton and when interviewed by dave McIntyre on Sunday Charlie said he had an offer from Everton ( not sure I believe that) but his words where I want to go home, so make of that what you will. Claims his family is settled down south therefore wouldn't move up North.

Can definitely see him returning this window
        Where is this interview?
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Where is this interview?
          We may never know.

Comment

This story is fiction absolutely.

If he did come along would be a star but even though always comes across as one of the lads and thoroughly decent fellow, although he was fantastic for us, in all reality the team was built arounds him, only when he left did others actually score their own quota of goals.

In a perfect world would say yes please, but les and jimmy worked wonders with both chery and poulter and it seems our team now is a proper team - everyone knows their roles.

If charlie was in the squad - wages apart - he has to start and the way we set up as an attacking unit would be completely different and if he was subbed or even came on as sub - people would become potentially confused as to our shape etc.

Seems JFH has got everyone knowing what their role is - and this kind of transfer / loan - changes everything so although fantastic qpr servant - would not think it would benefit the team as a whole.

Also, have a friend that lived near him in Wokingham and now the house empty and a for sale board up, so location also not as important as when he moved to saints, as we were led to believe.

Come back in five years time Charlie as an old boy to make an impact as a sub, but doesn't seem the right fit now, much as got immense respect for the man.

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
              This story is fiction absolutely.

If he did come along would be a star but even though always comes across as one of the lads and thoroughly decent fellow, although he was fantastic for us, in all reality the team was built arounds him, only when he left did others actually score their own quota of goals.

In a perfect world would say yes please, but les and jimmy worked wonders with both chery and poulter and it seems our team now is a proper team - everyone knows their roles.

If charlie was in the squad - wages apart - he has to start and the way we set up as an attacking unit would be completely different and if he was subbed or even came on as sub - people would become potentially confused as to our shape etc.

Seems JFH has got everyone knowing what their role is - and this kind of transfer / loan - changes everything so although fantastic qpr servant - would not think it would benefit the team as a whole.

Also, have a friend that lived near him in Wokingham and now the house empty and a for sale board up, so location also not as important as when he moved to saints, as we were led to believe.

Come back in five years time Charlie as an old boy to make an impact as a sub, but doesn't seem the right fit now, much as got immense respect for the man.
              WLS and Co wouldnt make up if there was nothing in it - also not sure what the Wokingham house has to do with it, pretty sure he lives in Bmouth with all his family?

Comment

More chance of us ending the window with Stone Cold Steve Austin up front than Charlie. Zero possiblity

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  He would score for fun here and get another England chance...Come back to our house please.
                  Definitely the funniest poster on this board

Comment

wouldn't surprise me he reads the headlines that he could come back and thinks "fark orf". Would probably see us as a big step down now.
                    I would be extremely surprised if he came back
                    Last edited by qprjeff1882; 15-08-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      WLS and Co wouldnt make up if there was nothing in it - also not sure what the Wokingham house has to do with it, pretty sure he lives in Bmouth with all his family?
                      Err a journalist make something up so that his story earns him some dosh.

Never heard of such a thing . Ha ha !!!!

He lived in Wokingham for long time - supposedly turned down - was it Newcastle at the time - sorry can't remember - ie wanted his kids nearing school age not wanting to be moved around during school years.

Got to admit seemed a strange decision for an ambitious footballer - but his rise from non league and coming from a so called normal occupation before professional footballer, who knows.

At one stage I did believe he absolutely deserved an England spot which was I guess a big factor in the move from us, but he is extremely doubtful to play more than half games because of injury concerns, but would definitely be an asset for a relgation candidate in premier league and how many players that have gone back to a previously successful spell at a club and gone back again and had the same impact anyhow.

Like any of us going back to a previous employer !!!

Comment

I'd rather we signed players who were likely to stay, loaned or not. We've moved on and have a tight unit now.

Comment

That ship has sailed and Austin on loan would be detrimental to team spirit. Take him back perm for sure but that wont happen

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            That ship has sailed and Austin on loan would be detrimental to team spirit. Take him back perm for sure but that wont happen
                            Loan for a year, make it perm if we go up. If that deal was possible I don't understand why any QPR fan wouldn't want it!

As I've said before though, I just can't see it. Charlie will end up at Everton or Palace I reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
                              Err a journalist make something up so that his story earns him some dosh.

Never heard of such a thing . Ha ha !!!!

He lived in Wokingham for long time - supposedly turned down - was it Newcastle at the time - sorry can't remember - ie wanted his kids nearing school age not wanting to be moved around during school years.

Got to admit seemed a strange decision for an ambitious footballer - but his rise from non league and coming from a so called normal occupation before professional footballer, who knows.

At one stage I did believe he absolutely deserved an England spot which was I guess a big factor in the move from us, but he is extremely doubtful to play more than half games because of injury concerns, but would definitely be an asset for a relgation candidate in premier league and how many players that have gone back to a previously successful spell at a club and gone back again and had the same impact anyhow.

Like any of us going back to a previous employer !!!
                              As said, West London Sport never writes a story that has no backing. Its not the Sun. 'Ha ha !!!!'

Comment

Anyway saying they wouldn't want him back or "he wont fit in with the way we play" are mad IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X