No announcement yet.

Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will struggle this season If we don't sign a proven striker. Polter/Washington not good enough. Washington perhaps needs time and I don't even know why we've kept Polter.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Got a feeling that Shittydippydoo will turn out better than Phillips and Hoilett as well ,.
      Still young (19), too early to through him.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

• Originally posted by Yousef View Post
        Still young (19), too early to through him.
        Its a prediction Yousef.
        I could of said Payet will be better than Phillips and Hoilett but that's hardly sticking my neck out.
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-07-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• 19 isn't that young. He's not a child.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            19 isn't that young. He's not a child.
            Agree. Renato Sanches is 18 and is now at Bayern after winning the Euros. If he was 16/17 then fair enough but 19 I think is fine to be pushing for a first team place.

Comment

• If Shodipo can keep up this form then he is good enough to be first choice. Why pay and bring someone in who would be similar level? Age doesn't matter in these decisions.

Comment

• Shodipo still needs an end product. a lot of what he did was good but ended with 'he's lost the ball'.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  Shodipo still needs an end product. a lot of what he did was good but ended with 'he's lost the ball'.
                  True but he will only get that through playing matches and gaining composure, he won't gain that in League 2 or playing in under 21s, we aren't getting promoted this season so why not let him make a few mistakes. Should have been a lot more of that last season with Petrasso starting over Phillips but they wanted to preserve his value. We weren't under threat of relegation.

Comment

• I thought from watching last night how cousins showed our other midfield players up with his quality way above any others and even our midfield last season,we had nothing like that in midfield,certainly a quality player & playing how a midfielder should play driving forward

edit:_ sorry posted bout cousins and this is a wingers/strikers thread
                    Last edited by Pinkie; 20-07-2016, 11:30 AM.
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      I thought from watching last night how cousins showed our other midfield players up with his quality way above any others and even our midfield last season,we had nothing like that in midfield,certainly a quality player & playing how a midfielder should play driving forward
                      Driving forward. Ah, a new phrase for the QPR supporters hand-book.

Comment

• Ha yeah well it makes a change to the backwards & sideways we always seem to do
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• The deep midfield duo against Leeds should be Cousins and Luongo IMO. Luongo is one of our most creative players and Cousins' drive and energy will get the ball into the final third with every run he makes.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Would love to see us try and loan someone like Nathan dyer!!

Massive long shot but he didn't play much for Swansea the year before and was mainly a sub at Leicester. I imagine other prem clubs might take a look but on loan if he doesn't get a move would be a top signing!

Comment

• I Posted this a while back slightly concerned about the situation regarding wingers and strikers. Some of the comments made me question myself and conclude that I was just worrying too much and that actually that we have done some very shrewd business (which I still think we have, just not attacking wise). I can safely say that 2 weeks on with just over a week to go until the opening game, I am back to shitting myself by the fact that El Khayati is our only winger that isnt a kid. If by the time we play Leeds we have taken Bamford and Pritchard on loan I will apologise for questioning the board, but come on.... both look very unrealistic.

Comment

• Has JFH signed anyone on loan sonce he's been here? Sure he hasn't, but he needs to.

Would Bamford and Pritchard change us from 'Drossball' relegation certainties to mid table or play off places?

Comment

Working...
                                X