Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Clean sheet at the back and one at the other end has worked a treat for many successful sides in past. Under Harry last promotion we got by keeping clean sheets early on and nicking one at the other end
    Under harry, luck got us promoted. Couldn't believe our luck that season. Would much rather go up playing attacking football
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Under harry, luck got us promoted. Couldn't believe our luck that season. Would much rather go up playing attacking football
      Or we say that we had a great keeper on form and a top backline... which is actually what happened.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Or we say that we had a great keeper on form and a top backline... which is actually what happened.
        In which case, what happened to the top back line during the second half of the season?

Comment

• My definition of a winger is a pacey attack minded player that hugs the touchline and can beat a defender and cross the ball. Using that criteria we have not had a winger for at least 5 years. Therefore current situation does not bother me..... thinking about it, I prefer not having one to having a fake, pretend, slow, headless or inept one.

Comment

• alan judge of brentford for me ticks all the boxes he scores ten goals a season but can also play as a creator,we could get him for about 3 million
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              So would any fan but the likelihood of going up playing attacking football isn't great. The 2 teams that went up automatic last season were defence first teams.

Comment

• I don't know what our budget is, but someone like Craig Noone from Cardiff could be a decent cost effective option. Also Adam Reach from Boro who has been linked with Reading could do a job on the left flank.

Both good players at this level and would play for the shirt. Steady 7/10 players.

Comment

• It's all about opinions, players doing OK with other clubs may do well with us or may not, if only we had the crystal ball

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    I don't know what our budget is, but someone like Craig Noone from Cardiff could be a decent cost effective option. Also Adam Reach from Boro who has been linked with Reading could do a job on the left flank.

Both good players at this level and would play for the shirt. Steady 7/10 players.
                    We was linked with Adam Reach in Jan with Phillips going the other way to Boro. Would be a good signing

Comment

• The young Finnish winger starts his trail today , 19 is he one for the future or could he ready for 1st team?

Comment

• Cant believe we`ve only got around two weeks to the start of the season & still needing 2 x wingers and another striker or two even,would of thought these would of been needed asap! thatll be our excuse if we have a poor start,but hopefully not! maybe a few 0-0s
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Cant believe we`ve only got around two weeks to the start of the season & still needing 2 x wingers and another striker or two even,would of thought these would of been needed asap! thatll be our excuse if we have a poor start,but hopefully not! maybe a few 0-0s
                          Would rather buy decent players than a whole load of guff again.

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            Would rather buy decent players than a whole load of guff again.

true but surely before selling philipps and and hoilett leaving we would of had targets readymade,itll cost us a poor start if we`re not careful,its important to get a cracking start,momentum etc
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Cant believe we`ve only got around two weeks to the start of the season & still needing 2 x wingers and another striker or two even,would of thought these would of been needed asap! thatll be our excuse if we have a poor start,but hopefully not! maybe a few 0-0s
                              We do this every preseason and those of us who post about it are told "ffsthe window doesn't open until July or it's only June, July or the wi dow doesn't close until 31st August. And every year we end up short in attack defence or midfield etc.

JFH said he would like his signings done before they started pre season games or at least the bulk of his recruits.

Is he content with just 2 strikers or does he plan on keeping JET in the hope that he bucks up his attitude or is even good enough over the whole season?
                              Selling Phillips without a replacement lined up or in already is likely to prove a costly error.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                We do this every preseason and those of us who post about it are told "ffsthe window doesn't open until July or it's only June, July or the wi dow doesn't close until 31st August. And every year we end up short in attack defence or midfield etc.

JFH said he would like his signings done before they started pre season games or at least the bulk of his recruits.

Is he content with just 2 strikers or does he plan on keeping JET in the hope that he bucks up his attitude or is even good enough over the whole season?
                                Selling Phillips without a replacement lined up or in already is likely to prove a costly error.
                                It's unprofessional and we never learn. Wonder when we are we setting our targets regarding players and are we working at it in-seasons? My guess is that we are not doing it the way we could and therefore never have a preseason with the actual starting XI. Us needing wingers and, at least, one FW was something we already knew last season. Phillips and Hoilett going - even Stevie Wonder could see that and yes, needing a fw, we knew that before last season started

Comment

Working...
                                X