No announcement yet.

Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with you stan and swede,we should of had these replacements in before now,& we were hardly freely scoring goals last season yet no wingers at all now apart from a couple of backups,and needed a proven striker for a while now even when we had charlie!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Agree with you stan and swede,we should of had these replacements in before now,& we were hardly freely scoring goals last season yet no wingers at all now apart from a couple of backups,and needed a proven striker for a while now even when we had charlie!
      Tbf. It seems like we are taking our time in getting the right ones, which is a good thing in my eyes. Too easy to sign any old dross or people like pilkington. Much rather wait to see who becomes available or we could be waiting for that french lad who is currently sorting out personal family matters.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        In which case, what happened to the top back line during the second half of the season?
        The faltered a bit, but saved it for the playoffs, where I'm sure you'll agree in the final we put on the best defensive performance I'd seen from any team that season.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Tbf. It seems like we are taking our time in getting the right ones, which is a good thing in my eyes. Too easy to sign any old dross or people like pilkington. Much rather wait to see who becomes available or we could be waiting for that french lad who is currently sorting out personal family matters.
          Good post. Although I actually don't mind Pilkington. Will get 5-10 goals from midfield on average, which he has done consistently throughout his career (having checked wiki). That's more goals than Hoilett or Phillips or even Faurlin scored for us in their entire time here, so would be an improvement.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Good post. Although I actually don't mind Pilkington. Will get 5-10 goals from midfield on average, which he has done consistently throughout his career (having checked wiki). That's more goals than Hoilett or Phillips or even Faurlin scored for us in their entire time here, so would be an improvement.
            Totally agree Ginge, sensible post that.

Comment

• Originally posted by swede View Post
              It's unprofessional and we never learn. Wonder when we are we setting our targets regarding players and are we working at it in-seasons? My guess is that we are not doing it the way we could and therefore never have a preseason with the actual starting XI. Us needing wingers and, at least, one FW was something we already knew last season. Phillips and Hoilett going - even Stevie Wonder could see that and yes, needing a fw, we knew that before last season started
              tbh, it would be unprofessional if we targeted players after the window closes. The window lasts this long for a good reason, not so we complain when the window still has a month and a half to run.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                We do this every preseason and those of us who post about it are told "ffsthe window doesn't open until July or it's only June, July or the wi dow doesn't close until 31st August. And every year we end up short in attack defence or midfield etc.
                Originally posted by swede View Post
                It's unprofessional and we never learn. Wonder when we are we setting our targets regarding players and are we working at it in-seasons? My guess is that we are not doing it the way we could and therefore never have a preseason with the actual starting XI. Us needing wingers and, at least, one FW was something we already knew last season. Phillips and Hoilett going - even Stevie Wonder could see that and yes, needing a fw, we knew that before last season started
                Agree with both of you. Contingency planning for the summer should have started ages ago, so we were ready to do business both ways from the off. The later you leave it, the less the choice you have and the more you pay - plus you end up using those vital early games to bed in. We've all been down this road before and we come up short.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  tbh, it would be unprofessional if we targeted players after the window closes. The window lasts this long for a good reason, not so we complain when the window still has a month and a half to run.
                  Anyone what's happened about the pilkington rumour?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                    Anyone what's happened about the pilkington rumour?
                    I read an interview with him today on the BBC sport site really talking about next season with Cardiff etc. I can't see that happening if he isn't staying so maybe dead in the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Agree with both of you. Contingency planning for the summer should have started ages ago, so we were ready to do business both ways from the off. The later you leave it, the less the choice you have and the more you pay - plus you end up using those vital early games to bed in. We've all been down this road before and we come up short.
                      So you don't think they had plans? They did but that doesn't mean the players they target want to come. We've signed the same number of players as a number of other teams and a lot of teams are only just starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        All well and good but we will probably be in relegation places by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          All well and good but we will probably be in relegation places by then.
                          No chance. Wasn't in them once last season and won't be this either and I would bet my trousers on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            No chance. Wasn't in them once last season and won't be this either and I would bet my trousers on it.
                            Really hope you're right. But if we start with what we've got at moment don't believe we will trouble the top 10.

Comment

• Just about top ten at this moment I reckon mate.
                              Deffo need two or three more of quality to hit top six.

Comment

• One example of a team struggling to sign players is Hull currently. With another injury they are down to 14 outfield players and are looking so desperate they are talking to Odemwingie. I mean they had the makings of a PL side already with Hernandez now settled in well but still need some players.

Comment

Working...
                                X