Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    So you don't think they had plans? They did but that doesn't mean the players they target want to come. We've signed the same number of players as a number of other teams and a lot of teams are only just starting.
    Most clubs have signed 4-6 players so far...personally think we are going about business just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Most clubs have signed 4-6 players so far...personally think we are going about business just fine.
      Agree, but as we stand, have we got enough to beat Leeds and Cardiff in ist two
      games. Not sure we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Agree, but as we stand, have we got enough to beat Leeds and Cardiff in ist two
        games.
        No, but I highly doubt we're finished. Les has already said they're working round the clock to bring more players in.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
          All well and good but we will probably be in relegation places by then.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Agree with both of you. Contingency planning for the summer should have started ages ago, so we were ready to do business both ways from the off. The later you leave it, the less the choice you have and the more you pay - plus you end up using those vital early games to bed in. We've all been down this road before and we come up short.
            Ah, but some say we are taking our time in order to recruit the right player. Never mind that he might just go and sign for another club instead.
            The later it is left the les choice is avsilable abd yes, the price then tends to go up, unless the player is no good or the club needs to get rid.
            As for Pilkington , I think he would be a decent signing at the right price.

Comment

• In a perfect world we would have all our business done by July the first and have a pre season with our prospective first 11. But be real, we are not many players first choice club. Guirassy had an option for us but can clearly go to a higher level club playing against better players so he decided to wait and see. It isn't Les fault, the players they want will be wanted by multiple clubs and he has to wait for the player and the other teams. No point rushing just buying whoever wants to come as they may not be good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Ah, but some say we are taking our time in order to recruit the right player. Never mind that he might just go and sign for another club instead.
                The later it is left the les choice is avsilable abd yes, the price then tends to go up, unless the player is no good or the club needs to get rid.
                As for Pilkington , I think he would be a decent signing at the right price.
                Yea this is the thing, a lot of the time, players prices actually go down too, the later you get into the window as clubs are more desperate to balance the books and get rid of some players. This is perhaps more relevant with non PL clubs since they've got their tv money so they aren't as desperate, but with our targets being either foreign midtable clubs or league 1 and championship clubs, It's more likely that we'll be paying less as we get further into the window.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Happy with a mid table - play-off position again this season.

Keep on building, with the right sort of player!

Comment

• Shame it's gone all quiet on the leckie front...looks like exactly the player we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      alan judge of brentford for me ticks all the boxes he scores ten goals a season but can also play as a creator,we could get him for about 3 million
                      Great player, but broke his leg badly in one of the last games of the season. Prior to that he was being valued at around 6million and was on the shortlist for Championship player of the season.

Comment

• well now we`re one of the new signings down,so les needs to get on it sharpish
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          well now we`re one of the new signings down,so les needs to get on it sharpish
                          Two actually Lynch has tweaked his hamstring too.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                            Two actually Lynch has tweaked his hamstring too.
                            jesus didnt know that mind you we`ve a little bit more cover in defence compared to uptop and midfield,personally think we`ll struggle,& im not a doom & gloomer,but havnt been impressed with the way we played last season and going into these friendlies,cant see where the goals are going to come from atm,& we look very static as a team!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• We desperately need to bring in some quality on the wings and up top.

3/4 quality championship standard signings are needed or we are on course for mid table at best right now! Purely on the fact I think defensively we will be solid but will struggle to score enough goals with our forward options at present!

Really hope we make some progress in the next week two in these departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                                We desperately need to bring in some quality on the wings and up top.

3/4 quality championship standard signings are needed or we are on course for mid table at best right now! Purely on the fact I think defensively we will be solid but will struggle to score enough goals with our forward options at present!

Really hope we make some progress in the next week two in these departments.
                                I agree.
                                QPR struggled for goals under JFH and with the current squad will be even weaker now that Phillips has gone, as he chipped in with a few goals and he supplied crosses for Polter.
                                Roll on the mind numbing 0-0 draws.

Comment

Working...
                                X