washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washington

i thought today at 3-0 was the perfect time to bring him on to try and break his duck . polter had run his socks off and he could of come on for him . instead he brought on mackie . spent all that money on denzil and JFH plays mackie before him , makes no sense

Good point especially if he's looking long term. Only time that would make sense (bring Mackie on) is if need to see out a win.....but that was in the bag.

Comment

IN other news we won..with our best result of the season!

Comment

Maybe the coaches have decided that they need to work more on his supposed weaknesses in traning before people start to slate him during matches, perhaps. Just a though.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          IN other news we won..with our best result of the season!
          i know i was at the game

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            i know i was at the game
            I was annoyed at the time but who really cares that much, the result is what mattered today and its clutching at straws to look at this as a downside.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Maybe the coaches have decided that they need to work more on his supposed weaknesses in traning before people start to slate him during matches, perhaps. Just a though.
              i don't think he will get slated as he has put in plenty of effort and has been close a few times , just think today with the game won we could of put him on and he may of nicked one . would have done his confidence the world of good

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I was annoyed at the time but who really cares that much, the result is what mattered today and its clutching at straws to look at this as a downside.
                really nas , i'm over the moon with the win , this is a forum where we discuss such things

Comment

Ok,72bus. I see what you mean and I do agree with that. It was good to hear that he at least shows some promise.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    really nas , i'm over the moon with the win , this is a forum where we discuss such things
                    I have no doubt mate, as I said, at the time I agreed with you but I think you might get slated here for saying something not involving the positivity of the win. I think Mackie brings absolutely nothing to the table that Conor can't offer, the main difference is that CW is just better at everything.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

It's a very mature/interesting point you make Shania (& one that I hadn't considered of tbh). Like Luongo maybe.

Comment

Maybe JFH knows that Washington has a long term future at the club cos he bought him, and needs to see more of Mackie to see if he wants to keep him for next seasons promotion charge.

Comment

The mackie bashing is stupid. He's absolutely fine at this level. Not a work beater but will chase everything done and give his all for the club.
                          Bringing him on for the last 20 mins when we are 2/3 - 0 up makes perfect sense.

I think Connor is just being eased in slowly and expect he will kick on next season. Can take a little time to adapt to a step up and Polter is justifies his starting spot atm imo.

Comment

Polter battered and chased their defence all afternoon Mackie came on for him and chased hunted their defence so you cant knock JFHs choice

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              The mackie bashing is stupid. He's absolutely fine at this level. Not a work beater but will chase everything done and give his all for the club.
                              Bringing him on for the last 20 mins when we are 2/3 - 0 up makes perfect sense.

I think Connor is just being eased in slowly and expect he will kick on next season. Can take a little time to adapt to a step up and Polter is justifies his starting spot atm imo.
                              He's really not, his first notable action was luckily escaping a booking for a rash challenge as soon as he came on. He's not got talent, he's just got legs.

Comment

Working...
                              X