Another Tony Interview (with LFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJB View Post
    No, not 5 mins, try 35 years. Its not about not being used to this rollercoaster ride , its about not accepting the serious miss management under TF chairmanship which wally's like you and many others can't see due to the endless spin he and his media boys create.

Still ignore the fact of just how crap we are doing under TF considering all the money we have tossed away these last 4/5 years.
    Fark me mate but get over yourself.

In most areas there are spin but have to say if you take away the benefit of hindsight most of the decisions made were sensible. Whilst you can point to the club having been promoted to the Premiership when TF & Co took over nothing had really been done to the infrastructure (save maybe the corporate area!) of the club. Progress has been made on training ground, serious money spent on doing groundwork for new stadium, significant money spent on our riss poor youth set up. None of these things will yield quick results but are extremely important medium to long term.

TF has recognised he doesn't have the footballing expertise so has done what any business owner would do and recruit people in who do.

On the other hand he could forget all the above, appoint a flashy manager and back them to the hilt. That worked brilliantly with Hughes and good ole Bagpuss ...

Comment

No, not 5 mins, try 35 years. Its not about not being used to this rollercoaster ride , its about not accepting the serious miss management under TF chairmanship which wally's like you and many others can't see due to the endless spin he and his media boys create.

Still ignore the fact of just how crap we are doing under TF considering all the money we have tossed away these last 4/5 years.
      ...thing is i think most posters do see that the club is being mismanaged. i doubt there's anyone who will claim that tf has invested wisely, that we've recruited well etc, but some people focus solely on the negatives while taking the (too few) positives for granted. maybe i get confused, but various realists who get so upset at how much money has been wasted are often the same lot who claim we should invest £8m in this player or £6m in that one. i don't recall a certain chauffeur's brother complaining about the (in retrospect dreadful and overpriced) signing of caulker 18 months ago.

spin? yeah, there seems to be plenty here - the board wanted austin and the manager didn't. i tried to stop hughes buying bosingwa. it's always been about bringing youth through. we have a competent ceo now. etc etc etc. the idea that only the relentlessly negative realists question how accurate some of the claims are is kind of arrogant, some of us question what we read rather than imposing our already fixed views onto whatever's said.

final point... the board have tossed their own money away, not yours. like myu said earlier in the thread, even before tf came in and went cash-crazy, we were losing money and needed propping up by owners.

Comment

• It wasn't their own money though was it? It was the clubs money made by getting promoted to the prem, if anybody thinks TF has lost 180/200 million of his own money then they are deranged. Also can somebody please tell me what progress has been made with the training ground and the new stadium? Again more talk and spin.

Comment

It wasn't their own money though was it? It was the clubs money made by getting promoted to the prem, if anybody thinks TF has lost 180/200 million of his own money then they are deranged. Also can somebody please tell me what progress has been made with the training ground and the new stadium? Again more talk and spin.
          Pretty sure if they put their money in that makes it their money doesn't it or am I missing something?

Comment

It wasn't their own money though was it? It was the clubs money made by getting promoted to the prem, if anybody thinks TF has lost 180/200 million of his own money then they are deranged. Also can somebody please tell me what progress has been made with the training ground and the new stadium? Again more talk and spin.
            either deranged or able to accurately interpret financial statements and documentation.

you talk about spin and then just make stuff up that contradicts the underlying legal documentation and call anyone who doubts you clueless/deranged etc.

um....

Comment

If the club were £200+m in debt, then logic would tend to suggest that we spent £200+m more than came in.

Just checked my bank statements and can confirm that none of my money has gone missing.

Comment

• Jeez. I might as well be posting on a CBBC.

Comment

Jeez. I might as well be posting on a CBBC.
                  You would probably be well suited!

Comment

Please do, they might be able to interpret your baby talk a bit better.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Funny thing is, in another year or two years maximum, those who are now vehemently arguing against you will either keep shtum or sanctimoniously pretend to have always thought the same as you. Some (most) people are just too slow to get their heads out of the sand/TF's ####.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Sheep Krill. Its like dealing with Sheep.

Comment

• I love it when people who think idiotically about a subject think they are visionaries of sort. It makes their fall from grace all the more fun.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Sheep Krill. Its like dealing with Sheep.
                            Agreed, with one caveat: would probably omit the word "like".
                            Close to packing my bags myself, will probably get some help from the mods sooner or later.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Or when TF finally pulls the plug on us and sails us down the swanny and we end up collecting in buckets again.

Comment

Or when TF finally pulls the plug on us and sails us down the swanny and we end up collecting in buckets again.
                                that was always my main concern ,but the fact that the debts are being cleared and TF looks to have no plans to leave ,makes me think i was wrong .
                                I`m still concerned about what will happen ,when and if the whole Old Oak plans finally fall through ,which i believe they will but only time will tell.
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X