Is Mittal a "fit and proper person"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    I wonder if Paul and others alike would continue the their moral high stance and lose their principals on the matter if Briatores sacking from the board was linked to say 10pt deduction or a 7 figured fine.

I really think the behaviour of some of our supporters is nothing more than a personal vendetta, 90% of us on here couldn't give a **** what goes on in motor racing.

Biggest joke is those who are assumig it will be all change if the Mittals take over, the man earns enough interest a month on his fortune to buy us a top class striker.....wheres the investment??? Please don't talk to me about share holdings either if these guys wanted it that bad, they could have stepped in anytime up to now.
    I suppose it's down to how you have been brought up and how you live your life. I understand the right from wrong and if we get a points deduction or massive fine, guess what IT WONT BE MY FAULT, it will be flavios and he would have gone from saving it to killing it.

Comment

lol cheers W12_Ranger, yes I am definitely an F1 nerd. In my personal opinion Mosley had two objectives this season (his final one, he steps down in a week or so) and that was to get rid of his old enemies Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore before he left office. Job done in both cases, for now. Let's see what happens in a real court or when Max leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        It is unnecessary, sarcastic comments like that, which let you and those with your differing views down Paul. Instead of answering a perfectly polite question which was intended to establish whether or not you had listened to the hearing before starting your "moral crusade", you avoid it in favour of trying to be clever, but having the opposite effect.

I'll ask once more, did you listen to it, and if so, which part made you sure that he was guilty ?
        nope and why did he accept blame and quit.

Also regarding being sarcastic, I'm not. The point of debates are differing views. Some say cuddle him some say sack him. Some are liberal views some are not.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          I suppose it's down to how you have been brought up and how you live your life. I understand the right from wrong and if we get a points deduction or massive fine, guess what IT WONT BE MY FAULT, it will be flavios and he would have gone from saving it to killing it.
          I will have to accept your word for claiming to be this this man of high principals. In return I will scrutinise your postings from here on in as I would expect a man of such high moral fabric to be right side of good all the time.

Comment

I accept your challange sir.

Comment

nope and why did he accept blame and quit.

Also regarding being sarcastic, I'm not. The point of debates are differing views. Some say cuddle him some say sack him. Some are liberal views some are not.
              He has given his reasons for stepping down. Compare the financial penalties given to Maclaren and Renault in order to establish whether that made a difference.

Differing views are fine with me, but a decent understanding of the facts are quite useful. Wicksta's points regarding Mosley should give some indication as to the motives behind this. The recording of the hearing would only confirm the lack of sound judgement on their behalf.

Anyway, enough of F1. FB will get my support for the good he has done for QPR, despite the mistakes that may have been made during his time here.

Would I be right in thinking then, that based upon Mr Mittal's "previous", you would like him to accompany Flavio on his way out ?

Comment

I accept your challange sir.
                So based on the original posting off the thread if true would you want Mittal involved with the club, I think the Slave Labour Allegations are shocking, don't you?

How do feel about BE Hitler comment, surely this is a man we don't want no where near our club?

What about if Ambramovich had bought us would you have turnt your back on QPR because of his shady past (dealing in nuculear weapons for instance)?

Where do you draw the line?
                Last edited by W12_Ranger; 10-10-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

As I say some views are liberal and some are not. Also regarding mittall, I note the word allegation, rgarding BE having a personal oppinion is not a capital crime .... yet and the Russian has nothing to do with QPR.

Comment

As I say some views are liberal and some are not. Also regarding mittall, I note the word allegation, rgarding BE having a personal oppinion is not a capital crime .... yet and the Russian has nothing to do with QPR.
                    Believe me when 23 people die on a mine its down to bad practice and I should know because I'm a qualified mining engineer.

I don't how you can answer that question in 2 pathetic lines, you are full of **** and you know it!

Whilst I don't agree with people who want Flavio out because they don't like him, I can except that as a valid reason.

Liberal my ####, you remind me of those part time activists who march on the weekends yet retreat home to suburbia to continue their NIMBY existence.

Comment

Paul you haven't answered the point that you seem to take a highly moralistic line on Flavio while closing your eyes to the pasts of countless other chairmen in the football league.
                      I'm very glad to hear you were well brought up and taught the difference between right and wrong. So, it might surprise you, were others on here. A few of them even have brains, too. But all we are asking for is consistency.
                      You might also consider that football is deeply tribal. Its about what side you are on. Our club has probably done thousands of dodgy things over the years - do you stop supporting it as as a result? If it weren't tribal we would all just support Chelsea because they are a lot better than us. If Flavio is booted out I will accept the judgement without complaint but I don't like the glee with which some on here have been anticipating his demise. Its just not how I was brought up as a fan to behave...

Comment

ps: if the judgement is how "liberal" you are, I don't think the Mittels would score too highly. Just a thought.

Comment

If you took your head out of flavio's backside
                          as opposed to having your head up your own.......

Comment

i must say i'm amazed at the sheer vulgarity of the original question.flav has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar so now the attention is put onto mittal.when are certain fans of this club going to button it and let people get on with running the club.some fans pick holes in everything and frankly its very boring and counter productive.if you put this much effort behind the team at home games we wouldn't be struggling for atmosphere at home games.so who's next for the character assassination father christmas?:scorn:
                            what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Paul you haven't answered the point that you seem to take a highly moralistic line on Flavio while closing your eyes to the pasts of countless other chairmen in the football league.
                              I'm very glad to hear you were well brought up and taught the difference between right and wrong. So, it might surprise you, were others on here. A few of them even have brains, too. But all we are asking for is consistency.
                              You might also consider that football is deeply tribal. Its about what side you are on. Our club has probably done thousands of dodgy things over the years - do you stop supporting it as as a result? If it weren't tribal we would all just support Chelsea because they are a lot better than us. If Flavio is booted out I will accept the judgement without complaint but I don't like the glee with which some on here have been anticipating his demise. Its just not how I was brought up as a fan to behave...
                              I find it quite amusing that someone who claims to know right from wrong chooses to form his views on issues by reading reports from the media yet passes up the opportunity to read a first hand, verified transcript of the F1 hearing and the evidence offered therein.

The day that I have to resort to reading The Sun in order to find out what my view on life should be, they won't need to cart me off, I'll already have checked myself in.

Comment

Originally posted by big ade View Post
                                i must say i'm amazed at the sheer vulgarity of the original question.flav has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar so now the attention is put onto mittal.when are certain fans of this club going to button it and let people get on with running the club.some fans pick holes in everything and frankly its very boring and counter productive.if you put this much effort behind the team at home games we wouldn't be struggling for atmosphere at home games.so who's next for the character assassination father christmas?:scorn:
                                I don't see that the original post is seeking to portray Mittal in a negative light at all, the last line in the original post quite clearly states that. I think what it is trying to do is highlight the hypocrisy in so many of the posts on this and other MBs seeking to justify a willingness to see Flav fed to the lions on the basis of his actions in F1.

There may be one or two F1 nuts who hold that view, although most of those actually appear to suggest that cheating to gain an advantage is not exactly uncommon in that sport, and that Flav's treatment is more down to personal vendetta than anything else.

The rest should perhaps just wind their heads in, and be honest enough to say that they don't like Flav and the way he runs our club, and would be very happy to see him out the door for whatever reason and irrespective of what the impact might be upon our club.

Comment

Working...
                                X