Caution light re Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution light re Green

Yes, the defense has managed to string several games in a row allowing one goal or none, a stunning achievement given our early season woes, and one I attribute to Hall/Onouha in the middle, more of Sandro (less of Henry), and better midfield play (Konch and Perch IMHO are adequate, not great). But I've noticed, especially in the last game re Reading, that Green was often looking out of position and unsure on plays where the opposition simply failed to finish solid goal-scoring opportunities. Has anyone else noticed this? And why wouldn't we give Smithies some games here and there, given Green has never been a defensive field general in goal?

so the defence is finally sorted and has let in 3 goals in the last 8 games and one of those was a penalty and you want to start swapping it about? yep that makes sense! or are you just throwning the Green haters a christmas bone!

Comment

Silly thread tbh.

Defensive improvement is a joint effort

Comment

Not a big fan of Green but to change the defence around now would be mad.

Comment

For me, dropping Toszer was even more important that dropping Henry in shoring up our defence. Clearly Neil saw (what was obvious to many, but not Ramsey) this straight away and he has not played for us since. I imagine he's one of the 'surplus to requirements' mentioned elsewhere.

As for replacing Green, I agree with the sentiments above.

Comment

Don't think Green has done anything to warrant being dropped at all.

As for at Reading, not sure there is more evidence of his concentration and positioning when he reacted as quickly as he did to Hall's woeful back-header at the edge of his box.

Comment

I genuinely and honestly believe only on this forum in the whole e world would anyone flag up a goalkeeper for criticism for conceding one goal (a penalty) in the last four games. Smashes head on wall repeatedly.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  I genuinely and honestly believe only on this forum in the whole e world would anyone flag up a goalkeeper for criticism for conceding one goal (a penalty) in the last four games. Smashes head on wall repeatedly.
                  and only 3 in 8! its unbelievable ...its almost like the OP is willing green to F up

Comment

Couldnt agree more

Plus i know he is young but Smithies looked extremely poor when he did get game time early on in the season.

Comment

To be fair to the OP he did to say 'caution light'

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        To be fair to the OP he did to say 'caution light'
                        Ridiculous thread.

And, I'm not prepared to "be fair" to the OP considering his post also contained the following "given Green has never been a defensive field general in goal?" WTF
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Ridiculous thread.

And, I'm not prepared to "be fair" to the OP considering his post also contained the following "given Green has never been a defensive field general in goal?" WTF
                          Just an "Americanism". Wait till you know who spots this.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Just an "Americanism". Wait till you know who spots this.
                            Hmm...Nasser or WeAre?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Hmm...Nasser or WeAre?
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X