Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic article on the qpr situation atm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic article on the qpr situation atm....

for anyone interested.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ce=twitterfeed

Clive does have a lovely way with words, but think he's been a bit pro-Ramsey recently and the truth is the bloke was rubbish and had to go.

Doesn't make his points on the board any less correct tho.

Comment

good (balanced) sensible article.

Comment

depressing reading, just after I've perked up with the removal of Alf, reality of how precarious a state we are in
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Good article, which I found myself agreeing with more often than not. However, his assertion that Ramsey "wasn’t that good, or that bad" clearly isn't the case. He lost over half of his games in charge, which by any descernible degree has to be considered a terrible return, even for an unproven manager.

I do accept his point that Ramsey was an unpopular appointment before he had even ben given a chance to make a difference, which is as much the fault of the Board as his own. The simple fact though is that he was making absolutely amateruish decisions on a weekly basis, the likes of which you would expect any manager to recieve criticism from their fans for. Playing at home with one striker up front and no recognised striker on the bench is simply unacceptable, as is playing two out of form holding midfielders every single week. You can only play the "inexperienced" card for so long. He stubbornly refused to change, and (rightly or wrongly) he paid with his job. That's football.

As regards his views on the Board - Kirill and myself have been posting comments to that effect on here for months.

Overall, a very well written article.

Comment

That article is very good IMO, will upset a few. Shared responsibility for what has gone on.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I thought he talked a lot sense and his views were pretty accurate.

As some of the replies have stated I also do agree he was quite sympathetic towards ramsey where I personally think he was at fault for his own demise with some very poor management decisions regardless of the state of the club.

Comment

Spot on. Been clear that Fernandes is the problem for some time now - I worry that the end game will be the much the same as the mess he made at Caterham and then cut and run.

Comment

Brilliant piece. Every WATRB member should be forced to read this before the inevitable backlash against the next manager begins next September

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    Good article, which I found myself agreeing with more often than not. However, his assertion that Ramsey "wasn’t that good, or that bad" clearly isn't the case. He lost over half of his games in charge, which by any descernible degree has to be considered a terrible return, even for an unproven manager.

I do accept his point that Ramsey was an unpopular appointment before he had even ben given a chance to make a difference, which is as much the fault of the Board as his own. The simple fact though is that he was making absolutely amateruish decisions on a weekly basis, the likes of which you would expect any manager to recieve criticism from their fans for. Playing at home with one striker up front and no recognised striker on the bench is simply unacceptable, as is playing two out of form holding midfielders every single week. You can only play the "inexperienced" card for so long. He stubbornly refused to change, and (rightly or wrongly) he paid with his job. That's football.
                    This is a good example of the sort of unfair criticism Ramsey has been getting. Warnock won the league playing one up front every week, even at home, despite the stands/forums being full of people saying we should drop Derry or Faurlin for Rob Hulse or Ishmael Miller as we were controlling games easily (because, err, Derry and Faurlin were both playing). It's a perfectly valid formation.

I don't think Ramsey did a particularly great job but given the fans turned so violently against him he got a lot of grief for perfectly normal decisions.

I wonder if Loftus Road will boo Warnock for starting with one up front tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                      This is a good example of the sort of unfair criticism Ramsey has been getting. Warnock won the league playing one up front every week, even at home, despite the stands/forums being full of people saying we should drop Derry or Faurlin for Rob Hulse or Ishmael Miller as we were controlling games easily (because, err, Derry and Faurlin were both playing). It's a perfectly valid formation.

I don't think Ramsey did a particularly great job but given the fans turned so violently against him he got a lot of grief for perfectly normal decisions.

I wonder if Loftus Road will boo Warnock for starting with one up front tomorrow?
                      Nothing to do with one up front as far as I'm concerned. Problem I have is the lack of any shape, organisation and creativity. Boring, ineffective football is something no manager will consistently get away with unless they are winning on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Oh god...saw who wrote it can't be bothered....such a kn*b
                        Last edited by QPRDave; 06-11-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Oh god...saw who wrote it can't be bothered....such a kn*b
                          If you read/understood this article maybe it would help you understand the problems at our club and stop you being so bitter and angry all the time? Serious suggestion.

Or at least read it and tell us why it's a load of crep and Clive Wittingham is a kn*b. As right now you just look like you don't want to challenge your own ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Nothing to do with one up front as far as I'm concerned. Problem I have is the lack of any shape, organisation and creativity. Boring, ineffective football is something no manager will consistently get away with unless they are winning on a regular basis.
                            yeah all the rest is fair enouhg (though football that doesn't win regularly is surely ineffective by definition). Just pointing out lots of unfair things were used as sticks to beat Ramsey with.

I don't get how we were that uncreative though - top scorers in the division most of the season...?

Comment

Seems to me when I've been reading his comments recently, he thought, there's no point getting rid of this bad manager cos we'll probably appoint another bad manager.

Which is nonsense!

Comment

Working...
                              X