Atmosphere was absolutely electric on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Some of us expected much better than that though Jimmy.

If we had lost Austin, Phillips, Fer and Sandro, I'd have been right with you. We didn't, so personally was expecting a whole lot more than what I've witnessed so far. The performances in general have been absolutely woeful, imo.
    Fair point. It's all about the formation for me. The one we're playing just doesn't play to our strengths and is ugly.

Comment

Last two games at home have been so harry its hard to believe hes still not in charge. Why are we playing safe at home with players like charlie, matty, chery and luongo on the pitch? Should be going all out to be winning games at home, thats the only way we will go up automatic and the way we should go up with a squad like we have. Should fear nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        If you're asking me then I say January.

This season was all about consolidation. Never going back up. We are 100% not ready as a club. The brief would of been, slash the wage bill by 75% bring in younger, cheaper players, if we have to have 2 average seasons then so be it. By then we'll have become a 'normal' better run club and we can then plot our return.

The only people I think fretting are the fans who want to go up. I said it at the start and I'll repeat it here. I do not want us to go up. I want the philosophy of the club to change, which it is then see where we're at. That's why Ramsey won't be sacked as he is fulfilling his obligations so far. If we were bottom 6 in Jan then yes pull the trigger, if not he's going nowhere.
        My sentiments exactly.

I know there is an increased expectations now we have kept some big guns, but I still do not think we will do as well as some expect. I think we will be in the playoff mix, but I don't think we will be anywhere near automatic promotion. I am mroe than happy with that.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If we had lost Austin, Phillips, Fer and Sandro, I'd have been right with you. We didn't, so personally was expecting a whole lot more than what I've witnessed so far. The performances in general have been absolutely woeful, imo.
          Yes, I was and am expecting more. It's hard to believe we don't have one of the best squads in this division and so long as results don't reflect that, we are under performing. If that situation does not correct itself then somebody needs to step in and take some positive action to correct it. Otherwise it is likely to continue no matter how good or poor our squad is.

For me, it's not about some general idea of hopes and fears for the season based on a vague notion of "where we are" as a club, but more about SPECIFICALLY how we should be doing with the squad we have right now and the money we are spending on it.
          Last edited by dsqpr; 18-09-2015, 05:32 AM.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Austin - playing well and scoring

Phillips - out of form. Has always been an inconsistent player, not sure why people expected it to change over night.

Fer - Not played a minute this season through injury

Sandro - Not played a minute this season through injury

Seems a bit harsh to say we should be rolling teams over because we have these players ????

Comment

Of the team that played Wednesday, only Onouha, Phillips, Austin and Henry were here last year. How can we expect them to be so fluent when its a brand new team? It will take time, and with the battling that we did to pull the game back twice with an impatient crowd I think the games will get better.

Comment

Working...
              X