Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Agreed David James had more talent than Rob Green but I think you're being a bit harsh. Ok, his distribution could be better but to say he can't catch is laughable.
    Green has his abilities bud, amazing relexes and superb professionalism, but catching the ball? No way. I get sick of the ball fling around the 6 yard box as hes rooted to his line. Really should be more commanding.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
      didn't deserve to be 1-0 up
      Disagree. We scored during our best spell of the game when we began ramping up the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Green has his abilities bud, amazing relexes and superb professionalism, but catching the ball? No way. I get sick of the ball fling around the 6 yard box as hes rooted to his line. Really should be more commanding.
        Julio Cesar was a keeper who couldn't catch a ball, Green is nowhere near as bad as that in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Julio Cesar was a keeper who couldn't catch a ball, Green is nowhere near as bad as that in my opinion.
          yeh Cesar was even more wobbly under the high ball.... Was a better stopper than greeno imo, so its all swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Anyone think that maybe we are far too harsh on mistakes our players make?
            Doesn't matter who we have in our team, if they make a mistake we just turn on em.
            Be the same if we have Bentley and he f**** up

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Doesn't matter who we have in our team, if they make a mistake we just turn on em.
              Epitome of insanity, making the same mistakes over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                You make a good point Dave, although I suspect that the anger would have been a little less evident if we had played well.

It's not just a couple of hours sport for the majority though, is it? Firstly, we had been deprived of our football during a good run of results, by a ridiculous International break, meaning that we were all looking forward to yesterday's game.

I expect others have similar stories, but I finished work at about 04:00 Sat morning, had not much sleep before getting up at 08:00 to get an early train due to SKY's 12:30 kick off, meaning the pub was earlier than usual. For about 55 minutes we were treated to a dire attempt at playing football with barely a shot. Went 1-0 up fortunately, so that should really have been that, another 3 points, despite almost zero entertainment.

Enter Rob Green. Result of not being able to kick a ball even to the standard you or I could manage = penalty, sending off, down to 10 men with no threat of further football, no points and losing further ground on our rivals, which at the end of the season is likely to be crucial.

Hardly going to be happy, are we?

Comment

Well when you put it like that

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    You make a good point Dave, although I suspect that the anger would have been a little less evident if we had played well.

It's not just a couple of hours sport for the majority though, is it? Firstly, we had been deprived of our football during a good run of results, by a ridiculous International break, meaning that we were all looking forward to yesterday's game.

I expect others have similar stories, but I finished work at about 04:00 Sat morning, had not much sleep before getting up at 08:00 to get an early train due to SKY's 12:30 kick off, meaning the pub was earlier than usual. For about 55 minutes we were treated to a dire attempt at playing football with barely a shot. Went 1-0 up fortunately, so that should really have been that, another 3 points, despite almost zero entertainment.

Enter Rob Green. Result of not being able to kick a ball even to the standard you or I could manage = penalty, sending off, down to 10 men with no threat of further football, no points and losing further ground on our rivals, which at the end of the season is likely to be crucial.

Hardly going to be happy, are we?
                    Well said that man

Comment

• A good manager tells Smithies this its his shirt now to lose now, & that he has a run of games not just the one. Calms his nerves & tells him to take his chance. If this kid is signed as the future, get him in now .

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                        Green cost us but I don't actually think we played well and didn't deserve to be 1-0 up
                        Doesn't matter whether or not we deserved to be 1-0 up, we've often not deserved to be 1-0 down....it's irrelevant. We were sitting on an ugly win and that's how you have to do it sometimes. Green's a dodgy keeper, always has been.

Comment

• Never once had any thought they would ever score till he did that. As soon as chaz scored that was it, three points and top of the league imo. Till yeah, well you know,

Comment

• How the fark has this top c3nt EVER played for England.............................

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              How the fark has this top c3nt EVER played for England.............................
                              Because he is a very good keeper. Just a shame that he also has an absolute clanger in his locker every now and again also
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• I think mine and your opinion of a 'top keeper' is different Matty!

He cant, catch, punch, kick, control a ball or protect his near post.

What he can do well is... Save shots, that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X