Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh I do love the smell of meltdown in the evening..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I do love the smell of meltdown in the evening..

Splash! What's that? The sound of objectivity being thrown overboard in a desperate rush to condemn a project which is, in point of fact, in its infancy.

What part of rebuild and restructure don't people understand? Did they interpret the many clear messages coming from HQ recently as a smokescreen to disguise the secret, instant 'just add water' 'return to the premiership' magic wand?

The last 3 years at QPR were a right royal #### up. Finally, towards the end of last season, Tony Fernandes got it. And in that lightbulb moment of clarity, he realised that spunking his fortune chasing the Premiership pot of gold was not working. So an immediate cost-cutting process was triggered, coupled with drastic regime change. I mean, surely that's obvious to all?

So in fact, rather than our position being a pit stop on the gravy train of excess, we are in reality at the beginning of the long process of rebuilding.

Basically I think people are going to have to swallow that bitter pill and get over it. We are not planning to go back up in one season. This is a long term project. Things are finally being put in place that may not bear fruit for several seasons to come. So come on, you're QPR supporters FFS. What did you expect? Easy? Sure, we strolled it 4 years ago. But then instead of that being a platform, we went backwards faster than an Italian tank. So in many ways, we're actually worse off than we were before Uncle Tone joined the party. What we're seeing now is the consequence of 4 years of mismanagement and profligate spending. But now for the positive side: if they get the rebuild right, we'll have a sustainable club that can challenge for promotion and progress from there. There are no guarantees, but personally I prefer this approach to the madness of spend, spend, spend. And in the meantime, enjoy life in the Championship. I'm sure we'll win a few games soon!

Brilliant post

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Splash! What's that? The sound of objectivity being thrown overboard in a desperate rush to condemn a project which is, in point of fact, in its infancy.

What part of rebuild and restructure don't people understand? Did they interpret the many clear messages coming from HQ recently as a smokescreen to disguise the secret, instant 'just add water' 'return to the premiership' magic wand?

The last 3 years at QPR were a right royal #### up. Finally, towards the end of last season, Tony Fernandes got it. And in that lightbulb moment of clarity, he realised that spunking his fortune chasing the Premiership pot of gold was not working. So an immediate cost-cutting process was triggered, coupled with drastic regime change. I mean, surely that's obvious to all?

So in fact, rather than our position being a pit stop on the gravy train of excess, we are in reality at the beginning of the long process of rebuilding.

Basically I think people are going to have to swallow that bitter pill and get over it. We are not planning to go back up in one season. This is a long term project. Things are finally being put in place that may not bear fruit for several seasons to come. So come on, you're QPR supporters FFS. What did you expect? Easy? Sure, we strolled it 4 years ago. But then instead of that being a platform, we went backwards faster than an Italian tank. So in many ways, we're actually worse off than we were before Uncle Tone joined the party. What we're seeing now is the consequence of 4 years of mismanagement and profligate spending. But now for the positive side: if they get the rebuild right, we'll have a sustainable club that can challenge for promotion and progress from there. There are no guarantees, but personally I prefer this approach to the madness of spend, spend, spend. And in the meantime, enjoy life in the Championship. I'm sure we'll win a few games soon!
      We won't be going back up for many seasons.
      Hull and Derby on the other hand...........
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Yeah but they weren't in the mess we were....

Comment

You know this labelling on here?.......The realists...( Only here to condemn and generally #### off Rangers) and the Happies ( Who will not accept any sort of criticism or any different view
          other than everything is great and the sky is blue)
          Well from what I can see...it's the latter getting upset because tho they predict and have "accepted" we won't be going up this year, their underwear is knotted
          it seems because we lost at Charlton...yeah thats right charlton a rubbish team in a rubbish league.......Make sense?....No nor me

Comment

The important thing here IMHO is to continually communicate with the fan base about not only what we're doing (rebuilding) and how we're doing it (replacing age with youth, entitlement with energy) but also why (the quality of football we've seen here the past three seasons is maddeningly inadequate and unacceptable).

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              The important thing here IMHO is to continually communicate with the fan base about not only what we're doing (rebuilding) and how we're doing it (replacing age with youth, entitlement with energy) but also why (the quality of football we've seen here the past three seasons is maddeningly inadequate and unacceptable).
              Agreed, communication is vital. I was in a meeting with Lee Hoos our new CEO last night (along with several other message board reps) and he totally understands this. I will be writing up my report of that meeting soon.

Comment

Agreed, communication is vital. I was in a meeting with Lee Hoos our new CEO last night (along with several other message board reps) and he totally understands this. I will be writing up my report of that meeting soon.
                How Lee Hoos come across Hubs? More competent then Beard?

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
                  How Lee Hoos come across Hubs? More competent then Beard?
                  Very open, very frank. Had some good stories as well. More competent than Beard? I'd say so. Obviously very early days, but he knows his stuff, especially compared to Beard, who seemed out of his depth to me. Having worked at Fulham, Southampton, Leicester and Burnley, all of who had pretty sustained periods of success following his tenure (not immediately in every case, of course), I would say we've found a competent CEO. Will write it all up next week.

Comment

Poor post.

Comment

Very open, very frank. Had some good stories as well. More competent than Beard? I'd say so. Obviously very early days, but he knows his stuff, especially compared to Beard, who seemed out of his depth to me. Having worked at Fulham, Southampton, Leicester and Burnley, all of who had pretty sustained periods of success following his tenure (not immediately in every case, of course), I would say we've found a competent CEO. Will write it all up next week.
                      Every one of them, were cost cutting and needed a hatchet-man

Comment

Is he available to manage the first team?

Comment

I think he's making the club a more appealing investment opporutnity for a new owner personally, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            I think he's making the club a more appealing investment opporutnity for a new owner personally, but that's just me.
                            Spot on

Comment

Cheers, look forward to your write up

Comment

Working...
                              X