No announcement yet.

Leroy Fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have a problem with him or Caulker moving on, whether on loan on otherwise. He may 'deserve to be playing in the PL' (which is debatable, seeing as he only showed up about every 4 games for us), but we should have no time for players that don't want to be here and mucking in. Same as Remy when we went down last time. Frees the wages up for a season, will give one of the young lads (probably Luongo) a chance to prove himself, and Fer's transfer price doesn't take a hit.
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-08-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Innevitable unfortunately. Far too good to be rotting away in the Championship and probably has the Euro's on his mind as i'm sure Chaz does too.

Probably wont ever see him in a QPR shirt again unless he fails to impress whilst on loan and we manage to get promotion again first time of asking.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
        Hopefully we get promoted and he ends up back here. Great player.

Anyone who thought he was spending a season playing the likes of Rotherham needs their head checked.
        Lionel Messi is great. George Best was great. Leroy Fer is an above average PL player.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
          Anyone who thought he was spending a season playing the likes of Rotherham needs their head checked.
          Yeah, on second thoughts he has a history of deserting clubs......what was I thinking !!?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Yeah, on second thoughts he has a history of deserting clubs......what was I thinking !!?
            Don't be too upset about it............

You do need your head checked if you thought he was going to be playing in the Championship

Comment

We should off sold him for 7-8m, there is no chance off him coming back to us
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                We should off sold him for 7-8m, there is no chance off him coming back to us
                This.

We aren't going straight back up so won't have him ready to come back for us next year. He will have 1 less year ion his contract so we will likely get less for him next summer. Rather cash in now and have the money to reinvest in the defence.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Story I heard (from a decent source) is that he wanted to stay. Apparently we need to get him off the wage bill, hence a loan rather than a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    This.

We aren't going straight back up so won't have him ready to come back for us next year. He will have 1 less year ion his contract so we will likely get less for him next summer. Rather cash in now and have the money to reinvest in the defence.
                    Not unless he impresses next year and has a few teams after him next summer. Similar to alderweireld, spent the season on loan at Saints with agreed fee of £6-7 mill and ended up going to Spurs for something like £14 mill. We get a loan fee fro him this season as well which could be £1 mill plus. Just depends on how he performs next season, also I doubt we would have got a back what we paid for him as teams know we need to get rid

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Not unless he impresses next year and has a few teams after him next summer. Similar to alderweireld, spent the season on loan at Saints with agreed fee of £6-7 mill and ended up going to Spurs for something like £14 mill. We get a loan fee fro him this season as well which could be £1 mill plus. Just depends on how he performs next season, also I doubt we would have got a back what we paid for him as teams know we need to get rid
                      See what you're saying but Sunderland are $hit I can't see him setting the world alight there. Plus , if anything , we will need to sell more this time next year than we do right now - we will be a year further down the line, in the same league, likely a tighter budget, 1 year nearer the end of the parachute payments etc. Ramsey has said himself in comings are hinging on outgoing players getting us some money in so seems off we loan out Fer (not even mention of a loan fee is there?) when we could take a hefty sum for him by selling him so we can reinvest where we urgently need to.

Comment

Is the new TV money coming at the end of next season? Which means that players prices will increase exponentially above their ability as all the low to middle Premiership teams look to "invest" in proven Premiership quality player to remain on the gravy train which is the Premier League - I think this might be a shrewd move by the club.
                        Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

See what you're saying but Sunderland are $hit I can't see him setting the world alight there. Plus , if anything , we will need to sell more this time next year than we do right now - we will be a year further down the line, in the same league, likely a tighter budget, 1 year nearer the end of the parachute payments etc. Ramsey has said himself in comings are hinging on outgoing players getting us some money in so seems off we loan out Fer (not even mention of a loan fee is there?) when we could take a hefty sum for him by selling him so we can reinvest where we urgently need to.
                          I get what you're saying mate. There's no reason why he cant impress at Sunderland though, dutch coach who knows him well, if he gets 10+ goals which he is capable of then teams will be sniffing next summer. Also am fairly confident that we will be getting a loan fee for him. Maybe this deal is taking place because nobody was willing to pay the sort of money we wanted and we feel it is in our interest to loan him rather than sell at cut price.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            I get what you're saying mate. There's no reason why he cant impress at Sunderland though, dutch coach who knows him well, if he gets 10+ goals which he is capable of then teams will be sniffing next summer. Also am fairly confident that we will be getting a loan fee for him. Maybe this deal is taking place because nobody was willing to pay the sort of money we wanted and we feel it is in our interest to loan him rather than sell at cut price.
                            Yea true could work out well. Hope he does really well up there and chucks a £10m price tag on his head or something , he certainly had the ability to do so if he gets a bit more consistency in his game as he has bundles of ability.

He will be gutted having to life up there though that said I'm sure the £40k a week will ease that.

Comment

Yea true could work out well. Hope he does really well up there and chucks a £10m price tag on his head or something , he certainly had the ability to do so if he gets a bit more consistency in his game as he has bundles of ability.

He will be gutted having to life up there though that said I'm sure the £40k a week will ease that.
                              Agree about living up north. Im sure he felt Norwich was a $hithole, wait until he gets up there. Plus there is the Euros next year which he will want to be part of so that could be another reason for him just going on loan.

Comment

This.

Anyone write this, is bloody ignorant, so I will just say and that,
                                You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                                X