Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Michael Harriman?.........Oh no Ramsey chucked him out again
    The fact we've just given Harriman a new contract then promptly send him out on loan suggests to me we're planning a promotion push, as opposed to the club's standard rhetoric of 'a season of consolidation'. Otherwise Harriman and Furlong would have been ideal in the CCC to battle out the RB slot, so someone more experienced is surely incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      You're sort of missing the point - why does every player we need to sign have to be improving? Why can't a few steady, experienced players be included into the squad? Surely that has to tick some of the right boxes too?

You're claming (or at least insinuating) that this bloke is a mercernary looking for a final payday - I bet you've never seen him kick a football in your life, much less know what type of character he is. You're simply generalising based on the poor business we made under Hughes (which really is irrelevant.) You also have absolutely no idea what sort of deal he will be asking for - At least have all the facts before you mug him off.

Sounds like you've made up your mind on Pisano before we've even signed him......
      I'm not missing the point, because I made it in the first place! You're missing my point and putting words in my mouth, then accusing me of mugging the bloke off based on your made up comments, not mine. Yeah good one.

At no point have I mentioned he's a mercenary or that we should only sign young or improving players or say the player was rubbish.... In fact I said he might be excellent. For the final time, all I mentioned was based on the clubs perceived new policy, not mine.

I suggest you actually read what people say before referring to facts!

Comment

We need a right back, this dude looks a decent option if he's up for it. One of the higher wages at his club so he must've been rated. I'd take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Regardless of the above all I said was I thought we were signing younger players who ticked the right boxes, as pretty much all of our signings so far follow that ilk. That's not me saying any older signings are not potentially good signings.
          As you (and the club) know full well Del, it's always been about about getting the right blend of youth and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            As you (and the club) know full well Del, it's always been about about getting the right blend of youth and experience.
            Yeah I agree totally.

Comment

The fact we've just given Harriman a new contract then promptly send him out on loan suggests to me we're planning a promotion push, as opposed to the club's standard rhetoric of 'a season of consolidation'. Otherwise Harriman and Furlong would have been ideal in the CCC to battle out the RB slot, so someone more experienced is surely incoming.
              Suggests to me chaos

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Suggests to me chaos
                You dont seem too optimistic for the season Dave

Comment

You dont seem too optimistic for the season Dave
                  Just don't understand this stan tbh. Chased the boy most of the summer to re-sign, then discard him again?
                  I'm just a bit more cautious this yr mate, really want us to be in this huge money give away, and I don't
                  think we will be.....hope I'm wrong

Comment

We do need another RB though.
                    His career is going backwards. Wouldn't be a good signing. New Park Ji Sung.

Comment

I'm not missing the point, because I made it in the first place! You're missing my point and putting words in my mouth, then accusing me of mugging the bloke off based on your made up comments, not mine. Yeah good one.

At no point have I mentioned he's a mercenary or that we should only sign young or improving players or say the player was rubbish.... In fact I said he might be excellent. For the final time, all I mentioned was based on the clubs perceived new policy, not mine.

I suggest you actually read what people say before referring to facts!
                      Look, you're saying that 'this is exactly the type of signing we were moving away from' and even said that 'the guy is potentially looking for a final move having been playing top flight for one side for ages' - sounds like you're implying that he could be a mercenary to me...so no, I'm not putting words in your mouth. As I said, I doubt you know d*ck all about him, so to even suggest as much from a position of complete ignorance makes your argument look pretty stupid to me. Call me crazy, but I usually wait to see a player in blue and white hoops before I judge him...novel idea I know.

Perhaps the club's 'perceived new policy' involves bringing in both young and experienced players, which you've already agreed is the case. Why you would then question this signing makes little sense.

Even when you said he might be excellent, you followed that up by questioning why he might want to join us.....it must be terrible immediately thinking the worst of people. Maybe he wants to join us because we're a bigger club than Cagliari, and the Championship is a better division than Serie B.
                      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-07-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Harriman and Furlong not good enough for the Championship. League 2 better for them.

Comment

Look, you're saying that 'this is exactly the type of signing we were moving away from' and even said that 'the guy is potentially looking for a final move having been playing top flight for one side for ages' - sounds like you're implying that he could be a mercenary to me...so no, I'm not putting words in your mouth. As I said, I doubt you know d*ck all about him, so to even suggest as much from a position of complete ignorance makes your argument look pretty stupid to me. Call me crazy, but I usually wait to see a player in blue and white hoops before I judge him...novel idea I know.

Perhaps the club's 'perceived new policy' involves bringing in both young and experienced players, which you've already agreed is the case. Why you would then question this signing makes little sense.

Even when you said he might be excellent, you followed that up by questioning why he might want to join us.....it must be terrible immediately thinking the worst of people. Maybe he wants to join us because we're a bigger club than Cagliari, and the Championship is a better division than Serie B.
                          What are you on..... This is getting boring now. As I said before, I've not called the bloke a ####ing mercenary, so yes you are putting words in my mouth! A final move was in relation to his age, being a free and probable expected length of contract.... I didn't mention wages once, so assume all you want, you're wrong no matter how many times you repeat it.

And when did I try to state I do know anything about him... Could be good, could be ####, I've not made any statements suggesting I have any knowledge or give any angle... You then say that my apparent argument, which is in your head, makes me look pretty stupid. Amazing. And how exactly am I judging him....?

My reference to youth and experience was in agreement we need a blend, which doesn't change the fact the club so far appear to have focussed on younger players with regards to new signings... Perhaps they feel there's enough experience in the squad already.

Either way, by making a simple comment about transfers in general, you have deduced I have pre judged this player, made him out to be a mercenary, and dont give new signings a chance......

Comment

What are you on..... This is getting boring now. As I said before, I've not called the bloke a ####ing mercenary, so yes you are putting words in my mouth! A final move was in relation to his age, being a free and probable expected length of contract.... I didn't mention wages once, so assume all you want, you're wrong no matter how many times you repeat it.

And when did I try to state I do know anything about him... Could be good, could be ####, I've not made any statements suggesting I have any knowledge or give any angle... You then say that my apparent argument, which is in your head, makes me look pretty stupid. Amazing. And how exactly am I judging him....?

My reference to youth and experience was in agreement we need a blend, which doesn't change the fact the club so far appear to have focussed on younger players with regards to new signings... Perhaps they feel there's enough experience in the squad already.

Either way, by making a simple comment about transfers in general, you have deduced I have pre judged this player, made him out to be a mercenary, and dont give new signings a chance......
                            So boring you felt the need to reply? Makes sense.

I'm not going to make my arguments all over again. I'm starting to get the distinct impression that you're not even reading my posts before responding anyway.
                            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-07-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

So boring you felt the need to reply? Makes sense.

I'm not going to make my arguments all over again. I'm starting to get the distinct impression that you're not even reading my posts before responding anyway.
                              Felt compelled to reply is more to the point.

The fact is, you completely misinterpreted my various comments, added your own theories and then tried to slate me for your interpretation. It's laughable. The fact you then try to tell me I've missed the point just compounds it.

I won't be saying another word on the subject, because if you try to spin things any more its clearly a complete waste of time.

Comment

#SlugItOutThread

Comment

Working...
                                X