Cagliari icon Francesco Pisano could join R's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    How do you mean? He's a good age - 29. Years of experience in Serie A. A free agent, and a RB - a position we urgently need to fill.
    Good age 29, years of top flight experience, a free agent, and a RB.... I give you Jose Bosingwa when we signed him. Only difference being Bosingwa looked a lot better on paper....

Point I was making is this guy is potentially looking for a final move having been playing top flight for one side for ages. We've been stung in this situation plenty of times recently and seem to have moved to younger players oin the up in their career, not on the way down.

That said, an Italian FB, he could be excellent for us..... just why leave a side who've dropped to a 2nd tier in Italy to join a team in the 2nd tier in England?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Good age 29, years of top flight experience, a free agent, and a RB.... I give you Jose Bosingwa when we signed him. Only difference being Bosingwa looked a lot better on paper....

Point I was making is this guy is potentially looking for a final move having been playing top flight for one side for ages. We've been stung in this situation plenty of times recently and seem to have moved to younger players oin the up in their career, not on the way down.

That said, an Italian FB, he could be excellent for us..... just why leave a side who've dropped to a 2nd tier in Italy to join a team in the 2nd tier in England?
      I'd agree if he was 35. At 29 he still has something to prove, especially given the fact that he has played in the same league for his entire career.

Personally think it's unfair to compare anyone with Bosingwa to be honest....he had the worst attitude of any footballer at the club at the time, which when you consider some of the prima donnas in that squad says it all.

Just because a player is young, does not automatically mean that they are on the way up. Obviously it helps in the sense that they have time to learn the game and improve, but how many times we have seen footballers lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread at 21, only to completely disappear at 25? Conversely, how many times have we seen players coast through the first half of their career, and pick up in their mid to late 20's? I agree with the clubs policy of signing younger players, but we can't have an entire squad of them.

The 2nd tier in England is of a far higher profile and much more competitive than the 2nd tier in Italy.
      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-07-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I agree with you Del......29 is ok ...but suddenly 30 is over the hill, according to some. It's not about age it's background and circs, and this
        bloke is looking for an English payday
        Last edited by QPRDave; 25-07-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Wages could be a problem.
          not sure... wages are nowhere near as high in serie a as you might imagine. one of the problems shifting fattie taarabt to italy was that, to match what we were paying him, he would have been the 4th highest paid player in the whole of the italian league. according to the graphic below, which so far as i can work out, shows the annual salary (ingaggio) in millions of euro for every player in serie a, he was on €450k a year last season, so about £6k a week.

Comment

That's not pounds
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              That's not pounds
              Rub that out ok
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                I agree with you Del......29 is ok ...but suddenly 30 is over the hill, according to some. It's not about age it's background and circs, and this
                bloke is looking for an English payday
                Just shows you how ridiculous and stupid some people are. Look at the greatest defenders in world football right now...you'll find virtually all of them are either in their late 20's or early 30's. I wouldn't call Giorgio Chiellini, Javier Mascherano, Sergio Ramos, Diego Godin or Thiago Silva over the hill personally. Professional sport seems to perpetuate this myth that at 25-27 you're in your prime, but at 30 you're finished - it's nonsense.

A little silly to think that just because he wants a new challenge he's looking for a payday.
                Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-07-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Sometimes its not about age, more attitude. Cambiasso (34) at Leicester was fantastic yet we had all these aspiring young players - Mutch (23), Caulker (23), Hoilett (25) etc tearing it up for us.

Comment

I give you Jose Bosingwa when we signed him. Only difference being Bosingwa looked a lot better on paper....
                    But why assume the worst, and that he would be anything like Bosingwa without supporting evidence?

So 29 year old footballers are now on their way down?

why leave a side who've dropped to a 2nd tier in Italy to join a team in the 2nd tier in England?
                    And just for that reason you conclude it's a player looking for a final pay day, rather than someone we've maybe scouted and done some homework on?

Comment

We don't need another icon.

Comment

FFS a few people on here taking things said out of context and getting a bit precious....

At no point did I say 29 was over the hill, but stand by the fact most players are not improving after 29.
                        Everyone can name examples of good 29+ year olds, or poorer younger players, well done. It's irrelevant.
                        Generally at 29 most players, especially on a free will be after a 3/4 year deal, so that would be their last big deal.
                        If he's so good and cheap why has the club where he's "iconic" chosen not to renew his deal

Regardless of the above all I said was I thought we were signing younger players who ticked the right boxes, as pretty much all of our signings so far follow that ilk. That's not me saying any older signings are not potentially good signings.

Comment

FFS a few people on here taking things said out of context and getting a bit precious....

At no point did I say 29 was over the hill, but stand by the fact most players are not improving after 29.
                          Everyone can name examples of good 29+ year olds, or poorer younger players, well done. It's irrelevant.
                          Generally at 29 most players, especially on a free will be after a 3/4 year deal, so that would be their last big deal.
                          If he's so good and cheap why has the club where he's "iconic" chosen not to renew his deal

Regardless of the above all I said was I thought we were signing younger players who ticked the right boxes, as pretty much all of our signings so far follow that ilk. That's not me saying any older signings are not potentially good signings.
                          You're sort of missing the point - why does every player we need to sign have to be improving? Why can't a few steady, experienced players be included into the squad? Surely that has to tick some of the right boxes too?

You're claming (or at least insinuating) that this bloke is a mercernary looking for a final payday - I bet you've never seen him kick a football in your life, much less know what type of character he is. You're simply generalising based on the poor business we made under Hughes (which really is irrelevant.) You also have absolutely no idea what sort of deal he will be asking for - At least have all the facts before you mug him off.

Sounds like you've made up your mind on Pisano before we've even signed him......
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-07-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            We don't need another icon.
                            We do need another RB though.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                              not sure... wages are nowhere near as high in serie a as you might imagine. one of the problems shifting fattie taarabt to italy was that, to match what we were paying him, he would have been the 4th highest paid player in the whole of the italian league. according to the graphic below, which so far as i can work out, shows the annual salary (ingaggio) in millions of euro for every player in serie a, he was on €450k a year last season, so about £6k a week.

Thanks. Appreciated.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                                We do need another RB though.
                                Michael Harriman?.........Oh no Ramsey chucked him out again

Comment

Working...
                                X